Petition for New Stadium

Advertisement
Done....pray for something like this everyday.. Anything that gets us out of that piece of garbage known as Sunlife.

I think it might be time for one of those how old are you threads so that I can block everyone under 18.

Advertisement
What does a petition do to help a new stadium? What you need is someone willing to raise/donate $200 million or collateralize the note. I don't know much about it, but Tropical park would seem like a great location to build a brand new stadium for the U and an MLS team, say 50K seats. The only way to get it done is for someone outside the U to pony up around $200. My guess is the U would go in for another $200 to get it done. Anyone got 200M

I signed that bout a year ago. Sad and surprising only 3k have signed it.

Charlie Strauzer is an alum and diehard like the rest of us. If you havent signed it, please do so. TIA

Advertisement
I got an idea. Let's level the warehouse district across the street from Sunset Place to the ground and put a state of the art 50k seat stadium with luxury boxes in its place. Yay!

I just signed it...after i hit submit it said it was approved...players are being notified and they breaking ground next week....location TBD

Advertisement
What does a petition do to help a new stadium? What you need is someone willing to raise/donate $200 million or collateralize the note. I don't know much about it, but Tropical park would seem like a great location to build a brand new stadium for the U and an MLS team, say 50K seats. The only way to get it done is for someone outside the U to pony up around $200. My guess is the U would go in for another $200 to get it done. Anyone got 200M

Tropical Park is the only way this fantasy could come true and as 3FW states with a tie in to soccer though the new MLS rules are they want there stadiums to be soccer only. Coral Gables will never happen, SunLife is a killer to our long term future and recruiting. Hard to get Alums excited to come back and support their team in that piece of crap.

Advertisement
If I ever come into F-YOU level money, I will donate a big chunk of it to a new stadium in Tropical Park.

One of my few requests would be that the old student tailgate lot (E-4) be re-created as closely as possible.

Tropical Park is the only way this fantasy could come true and as 3FW states with a tie in to soccer though the new MLS rules are they want there stadiums to be soccer only. Coral Gables will never happen, SunLife is a killer to our long term future and recruiting. Hard to get Alums excited to come back and support their team in that piece of crap.

No Soccer! That's why SunLife is so **** wide and the seats start 40yds + from the sidelines. An MLS field would at least 70yds wide. If we build the stadium it needs to compact, with fan friendly seats close to the field.

Yes, nothing says "Big Time" football program like a 40k-50k seat stadium. Just ask Princeton and UCF. Oh, off campus too! Great idea. Better off lobbying Sun Life to modify stadium to bring seats closer to the field now that the Marlins are gone. The empty seats will fill up once this team starts winning. Heck, if they beat UNC, it will probably be pretty full for FSU.

Advertisement
Back