Peter - Collins question

the reason I ask, based upon what I was told
the players and some HS coaches may be undermining Al's tenure at Miami
this is either an example of that opinion, or just a kid deciding they liked Arkansas better

if the coaches were told, two days before signing day - that he was LOIing to Miami and announces Razorbacks
it would only add fuel to the "rumor mill"

It's neither of those. If you followed this kids recruitment it was pretty clear his coach was passing him off to Bielema where ever he was coaching at. He would've picked Wisconsin if Bielema stayed up there

Advertisement
The kid seems like he wanted to get out of SoFla and see something new. That's the impression he gave last night when he was asked about decommitting from Miami, and it sounds like the coach facilitated that. Can't hate on the kid for wanting to leave...****, I left and have no desire to go back.

the reason I ask, based upon what I was told
the players and some HS coaches may be undermining Al's tenure at Miami
this is either an example of that opinion, or just a kid deciding they liked Arkansas better

if the coaches were told, two days before signing day - that he was LOIing to Miami and announces Razorbacks
it would only add fuel to the "rumor mill"

It's neither of those. If you followed this kids recruitment it was pretty clear his coach was passing him off to Bielema where ever he was coaching at. He would've picked Wisconsin if Bielema stayed up there

let's hope that is the truth, and it was just the kid wanted to get out of town
lot's of smoke of anti-Miami recruiting
and not just by other universities

Kid was going to Colorado St if that is where Charlie Partridge and Bielema went. It was always about Gatewood's relationship with them. Wisconsin became Arkansas. Really zero we could do ultimately.

Advertisement
Gatewood will not be the coach at South Plantation next year. He used Collins to further his coaching career. We were not going to win this battle. AC is kind of a cornball, the Levi's were enough to seal the deal for me. And the worst part is he is going to get 30 carries a game on art turf against SEC defenses with more talent. Its actually career suicide.

The kid seems like he wanted to get out of SoFla and see something new. That's the impression he gave last night when he was asked about decommitting from Miami, and it sounds like the coach facilitated that. Can't hate on the kid for wanting to leave...****, I left and have no desire to go back.

Yeah, well, it's going to be different alright. Weekends? Cow tipping or sitting around the old mud hole wishing for beaches and bikinis.

I'd say money passed, but it wasn't going to the kid. Coach likely got one **** of an offer to deliver.

Gatewood will not be the coach at South Plantation next year. He used Collins to further his coaching career. We were not going to win this battle. AC is kind of a cornball, the Levi's were enough to seal the deal for me. And the worst part is he is going to get 30 carries a game on art turf against SEC defenses with more talent. Its actually career suicide.

If that happens the NCAA will be all over it trust thats a risk

Why? It's perfectly legit.

Advertisement

Why? Miami did it Harris.

I imagine that part of the reason they told Kirkland the class was full, was because they expected Collins to come.

Advertisement
And his brother confirmed he flew up a Cane commit and whole family was suprised by pig pick. If he told the fam he was Cane, he certainly could have told our coaches.

Advertisement
Back