Pete, who from '18 has the most Juice with other recruits?

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
which kids are the natural leaders that other recruits wanna be around and play with or have most pull? Just wondering once commits start rolling in, who are best ambassadors will be.

Advertisement
Pope and surtain would make the most waves of the uncommitted guys

Lingard, jobe and frierson are obviously well known too

Last edited:
Every year we fall for this trick and every year it ends up being not true. I can honestly say in the last 10 years the only true "ambassadors" we ever had in recruiting classes were Jacory and Duke. I just dont think that carries much weight anymore with kids nowadays. Yeah you might get one or two guys to follow you..but to shape an entire class? Those days are gone or few and far between. (Remember Jaquan was supposed to be the 5* general in Dade his year and no one followed him into Goldens mess)

These kids make "business decisions" as they call it now. Look at what following Dalvin Cook to FSU did to Travis Rudolph and Ermon Lane..**** throw Davonte Philips in there too? Ruined their careers. Rudolph is going to be a UFA probably, Lane isnt even playing WR anymore and is DPhillips even in FSUs 2 deep at WR and hes a Jr already.

Advertisement
The desire to play with good players under good coaching at the U is what will draw a great class.

No one player.

I think getting Asante Samuel would communicate something serious too. Kid is a dog and seems to have massive respect among his peers. Also, flipping Xavier from Bama would say " we don't need to leave South Florida to win anymore"

Advertisement
I don't know, Jassid. ... Jacory was a huge influence on the others in that 2008 class, just like Bridgewater recruited against us and hurt the program when Shannon was fired. I have no doubt that Duke helped build momentum for the 2012 class and if we had shown something on the field that year it would have been stronger.

Related question: who were the recruiters within the 2017 class other than Dallas, and how big an influence did they have on holding it together during October and closing strong?

Where does Nesta Silvera rank in this hierarchy? The kid is an alpha dog with a ton of personality.

Advertisement
I think getting Asante Samuel would communicate something serious too. Kid is a dog and seems to have massive respect among his peers. Also, flipping Xavier from Bama would say " we don't need to leave South Florida to win anymore"

Nah, we flip that kid and it'll be "bama didn't really want him anyway."

Fans will say that. South Florida recruits won't.

Advertisement

Fans will say that. South Florida recruits won't.

My only experience is with people who don't know the inside story...namely fans.

fsux is considering Samuel a lock to them. Getting him and XW would be the salt in the cut that I would love so much.

Advertisement
Back