pete, what is the truth on powell

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i dont think it was admissions but was the rumor that the staff told him to hold up on coming true? It's all very strange.

Advertisement
Wasn't James Coley supposed to be an asset? I find it very ironic that he slays in recruiting for 9-4 FSU, but 9-4 Miami seems to be something he can't $ell. NEVER liked that hire. You should never hire a guy for his recruiting ability at Miami. Most "great recruiters" are likeable guys who have a booster that they pretend not to know about drop off cash.

Advertisement
Wasn't James Coley supposed to be an asset? I find it very ironic that he slays in recruiting for 9-4 FSU, but 9-4 Miami seems to be something he can't $ell. NEVER liked that hire. You should never hire a guy for his recruiting ability at Miami. Most "great recruiters" are likeable guys who have a booster that they pretend not to know about drop off cash.

he brought in Yearby(top 4 rb in the nation) and Coley (top 4 QB in the nation)….

UM wouldn't have yearby, and quite possibly Chad(might still not) without Coley. Wouldn't have Kaaya either. Did you think?

UM wouldn't have yearby, and quite possibly Chad(might still not) without Coley. Wouldn't have Kaaya either. Did you think?

Uncle **** aunt. Get out of here with this fake crap. Man up. You weak minded.

Advertisement
something is up with powell. he mentioned about players saying how hard utough is. he knows yearby is a top notch player. it seems staff believes in gus. Maybe they ar even recruiting another rb and powell said "***** it" nigel was something we all expected, this is strange.

yeah golden spoke of him in a press conference. whatever. go to uf and be upset when your coach gets fired next year.

Advertisement
OK, if recruits are fretting UTough then we've hit an all-time low. Or maybe they heard a bad vibe on the cafeteria or training table food.

honestly, i will refer to powell as "Plan C" if he signs with uf. they lost cook, then offer jeff ones and dont get him. then offer powell night before. Have fun "Plan C" with that kid who really wanted to be a cane but miami didnt want him. the kid who cook and lane clowned last week at under armour game.

Advertisement

He's done as good a job you can realistically ask for. He pulled us our best recruit last year in Stacy and he also swung us a stud in Edwards. Half the class this year has his fingerprints on them, including our biggest studs in Yearby, Kaaya, and Thomas. But to your point, I think the reason that the recruiting class he had at 9-4 FSU is better than the 9-4 Miami class he currently has is that the product that that FSU team put was a whole lot better than this year's product. FSU's worst loss that year was by 10 to #1 Oklahoma. They lost to Clemson and Wake Forest by 5 and Virginia by 1. Their closest win that year was by 4 against us and Notre Dame. They obliterated everybody else like they were supposed to, they way we should have, and the way we didn't. In the minds of recruits, they must look at the team like we went 7-6 or 6-7. Even though nobody wants to admit it, the NCAA issues did poison this class to a degree, but it's hard to sell recruits on a national championship product is right around the corner when the current performance looks far from it.

Advertisement
Back