Pete Thamel

Advertisement
Advertisement
SI Writer

Said...among other things...

[h=2]ACC
[/h]HOT

Miami: Miami is in the same position Michigan and Florida were last season, as a job expected to set the market. The difference is that Miami's paltry finances and fickle fan base don't synch with its national championship pedigree. Al Golden isn't a bad coach, but he has been a horrible fit with the Hurricanes. The NCAA issues haven't helped. Golden, who is 28-22 in four years at the helm, would be smart to leave before he is inevitably fired.

Also lists a few possible coaching candidates

Rich Rodriguez, Arizona: He is reaching the point where he can't do much more at Arizona, as he won the Pac-12 South last year. Virginia Tech would be a natural fit if Frank Beamer steps down. Miami would also be captivating considering the amount of local talent that would perfectly fit his system.

Greg Schiano, ESPN analyst: Schiano won't settle for a college job where he can't win, as he'd rather take a gig as an NFL defensive coordinator. Many forget Schiano was Miami's defensive coordinator for two years before taking over at Rutgers in 2001. He could pitch a plan to return the 'Canes to glory. Do not expect a Rutgers reunion.

Mario Cristobal, Alabama assistant head coach: His firing at Florida International remains one of the most baffling administrative decisions of the past decade. Three years working under Nick Saban has only polished his résumé. Expect USF and Miami to show interest.

Lane Kiffin, Alabama offensive coordinator:Somehow, someway, Kiffin always finds himself in the mix for big jobs. An intriguing possibility is South Florida, as Kiffin has recruited Tampa well throughout his career. His family name holds a lot of cache there as well.

I would love Rich Rod, even though his bowl record isn't great and he might be a little reticent to deal with another fickle,demanding fan base.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FYI, Urb Meyer's ghostwriter. Typically writes from Urb's perspective, favors Urb's pals and less so those that might in any way be a threat to Urb. Don't believe - just Google Thamel and Urb.

FYI, Urb Meyer's ghostwriter. Typically writes from Urb's perspective, favors Urb's pals and less so those that might in any way be a threat to Urb. Don't believe - just Google Thamel and Urb.

I'm sure Urban Meyer is losing sleep at night over the loser down in Coral Gables who can't beat Virginia,

I'm sure Urban Meyer is losing sleep at night over the loser down in Coral Gables who can't beat Virginia,

He'd start having screaming nightmares if he heard Butch was coming back to Miami.

He knows how Butch rolls.

Advertisement
Havent read his past stuff but I dont think he could be more spot on in this analysis and the coaches to replace. Its Schiano's job to lose.

I think golden is back next year.

1) I think our BOT and AD simply don't give a flying **** what happens on the football field. And that is their right I guess, but they had better not expect any more of this guy's money until things change.

2) this ***** fan base refuses to do enough to show its displeasure. There shouldn't be a single fan in sun life this year, but you slack jawed ******s with such low expectations, and such high interest in tail gate parties simply cannot help yourselves. It is more important to you to say you are a true fan that went to the game than the long term health and success of this program. So **** you.

3) The university of miami is simply no longer a football school. Nike dropped miami football. Read that sentence to yourself, and if you aren't too stupid, think about what that actually means. You know what else? Miami is VISITING two non power five conference opponents this year. You know what major programs do? They pay the likes of FAU to come get their **** pushed in. Guess who isn't playing at a mid major school this year. All of the programs that aren't complete ****. No, Ohio State will not be at northern illinois, hawaii, or western michigan. No, Alabama will not be at Middle tennessee state, or luisiana monroe. Why? Because they are real, power five, historically rich and currently relevant teams that don't need to sink to that **** eating level that is traveling to mid major schools.

In short, we have exactly who we deserve. We were way too lucky from 83-91. No school deserves a run like that, and we pretty much did it with sheer luck. Our luck has run out boys. We are ****ed, for the rest of our lives, and possibly that of our children.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH
S
U
N
T
A
N
U

Last edited by a moderator:
SI Writer

Said...among other things...

[h=2]ACC
[/h]HOT

Miami: Miami is in the same position Michigan and Florida were last season, as a job expected to set the market. The difference is that Miami's paltry finances and fickle fan base don't synch with its national championship pedigree. Al Golden isn't a bad coach, but he has been a horrible fit with the Hurricanes. The NCAA issues haven't helped. Golden, who is 28-22 in four years at the helm, would be smart to leave before he is inevitably fired.

Also lists a few possible coaching candidates

Rich Rodriguez, Arizona: He is reaching the point where he can't do much more at Arizona, as he won the Pac-12 South last year. Virginia Tech would be a natural fit if Frank Beamer steps down. Miami would also be captivating considering the amount of local talent that would perfectly fit his system.

Greg Schiano, ESPN analyst: Schiano won't settle for a college job where he can't win, as he'd rather take a gig as an NFL defensive coordinator. Many forget Schiano was Miami's defensive coordinator for two years before taking over at Rutgers in 2001. He could pitch a plan to return the 'Canes to glory. Do not expect a Rutgers reunion.

Mario Cristobal, Alabama assistant head coach: His firing at Florida International remains one of the most baffling administrative decisions of the past decade. Three years working under Nick Saban has only polished his résumé. Expect USF and Miami to show interest.

Lane Kiffin, Alabama offensive coordinator:Somehow, someway, Kiffin always finds himself in the mix for big jobs. An intriguing possibility is South Florida, as Kiffin has recruited Tampa well throughout his career. His family name holds a lot of cache there as well.

So Thamel offers up 1 out 4 even mildly attractive replacements? Jesu Christo. I'd rather Pete Ariz make that list.

Is it me or is anyone suggesting Mario fast becoming one of the most deserving subsets of a punch to the throat around here or not? Gives me a freakin eye migraine.

Advertisement
youre-fired.jpg

I think golden is back next year.

1) I think our BOT and AD simply don't give a flying **** what happens on the football field. And that is their right I guess, but they had better not expect any more of this guy's money until things change.

2) this ***** fan base refuses to do enough to show its displeasure. There shouldn't be a single fan in sun life this year, but you slack jawed ******s with such low expectations, and such high interest in tail gate parties simply cannot help yourselves. It is more important to you to say you are a true fan that went to the game than the long term health and success of this program. So **** you.

3) The university of miami is simply no longer a football school. Nike dropped miami football. Read that sentence to yourself, and if you aren't too stupid, think about what that actually means. You know what else? Miami is VISITING two non power five conference opponents this year. You know what major programs do? They pay the likes of FAU to come get their **** pushed in. Guess who isn't playing at a mid major school this year. All of the programs that aren't complete ****. No, Ohio State will not be at northern illinois, hawaii, or western michigan. No, Alabama will not be at Middle tennessee state, or luisiana monroe. Why? Because they are real, power five, historically rich and currently relevant teams that don't need to sink to that **** eating level that is traveling to mid major schools.

In short, we have exactly who we deserve. We were way too lucky from 83-91. No school deserves a run like that, and we pretty much did it with sheer luck. Our luck has run out boys. We are ****ed, for the rest of our lives, and possibly that of our children.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH
S
U
N
T
A
N
U

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back