Pete Thamel Of Sports Illustrated

If Butch gets hired, I'll be the MiamiNites of this coaching era.

You will all hate me, and in three years when our coach is 68 and hasn't won anything, will all realize how hiring Botch is incredibly dumb.

Advertisement
For all the rubes who buy into the "UM is poor" line of horseshyt, just remember that UM donated a couple hundred K to Korn Ferry to help locate a guy who just starred in a movie about UM, who used to coach here, and who has been begging for the job for 2 years.
If it's Butch....UM just played the WORST game of "Where's Waldo" ever recorded. It's like Butch was there the whole time wearing hi vis orange and yellow, and it still took UM 250k to find him...*smh*

You will all hate me, and in three years when our coach is 68 and hasn't won anything, will all realize how hiring Botch is incredibly dumb.

I refuse to be this miserable personally, but I share your sentiment. I feel strongly that this reunion will not work.

This school never learns. If it's Butch, I'll be the first one in on the first banner in a few years.

Enjoy having Swasey still here. Pathetic if true.

Maybe nobody else wants this job. You can't make a high profile coach take the job. Believe it or not a lot of people don't believe miami is a great job.

Thanks for the warning and thank goodness for the ignore button..

Advertisement
For all the rubes who buy into the "UM is poor" line of horseshyt, just remember that UM donated a couple hundred K to Korn Ferry to help locate a guy who just starred in a movie about UM, who used to coach here, and who has been begging for the job for 2 years.

If we hire Butch, Korn Ferry have pulled an absolute blinder.

$250k for suggesting the guy that was camped outside the Hecht begging for the job.

This school never learns. If it's Butch, I'll be the first one in on the first banner in a few years.

Maybe nobody else wants this job. You can't make a high profile coach take the job. Believe it or not a lot of people don't believe miami is a great job.

It's the AD's job to make UM a great job. This job was a crown jewel when JJ and Erickson took it. And that's what it always should be. If you can't convince a great HC to come to UM, then you're a horseshyt AD.

$250k for suggesting the guy that was camped outside the Hecht begging for the job.

I'm gonna hire Korn Ferry to find me a homeless guy who will take a hundred dollar bill from me.

I refuse to be this miserable personally, but I share your sentiment. I feel strongly that this reunion will not work.

Pretty much how I feel.

We'll have gone from hiring the Temple corch (who a few others wanted) to hiring the corch nobody wanted.

I have a friend who is in the business that said it would be very tough for us to get a big name for numerous reasons. It looks like he's spot on and he also was of the opinion that Butch would be an awful hire, but the unfortunate and likely choice due to what he said above.

Advertisement
5 weeks ago the admin laughed at the thought of Butch. However, they've been in contact with the NCAA about UNC and it probably took five weeks for an answer because we just waited three years for an answer from them. So now they've come around. Should it have been done sooner? Yes, but if you get what you want then don't complain.

If the reason wasn't to make it look like they were conducting a thorough search which I think it was I have no idea why the **** they hired that company. Just threw away $200k. They could have just said we want Butch and that's who we are getting. I would have respected that so much more

I'm gonna hire Korn Ferry to find me a homeless guy who will take a hundred dollar bill from me.
Maybe we can hire Korn Ferry to find us a stadium

Surely you realize that these consultants are hired to discreetly investigate potential candidates who are currently employed. If it's true that Botch will be hired, it means we struck out on our first choice(s).

Advertisement

I think Mullen would have taken it. He desperately wants out of Mississippi state. Other coaches like Babers, Herman, Brohm and that's not even mentioning the bigger names.

In the end it was all about rigging the search to make Butch into the best candidate of our choices. They succeeded cause they only interviewed two guys.

Hopefully butch proves me and some others wrong, but this isn't how you conduct business.

They will just direct us to play at sun life.

this board is becoming like those spoiled kids in the stores you see that throw temper tantrums if they don't get exactly what they want.

That's what's wrong with these ****y biT*hes.

They never got their asses properly blistered as spoiled little kids. Pi*s and moan. Pi*s and moan.

Worse than fourteen year old girls three days before their period.

Advertisement

I think Mullen would have taken it. He desperately wants out of Mississippi state. Other coaches like Babers, Herman, Brohm and that's not even mentioning the bigger names.

In the end it was all about rigging the search to make Butch into the best candidate of our choices. They succeeded cause they only interviewed two guys.

Hopefully butch proves me and some others wrong, but this isn't how you conduct business.

That's not accurate.

Why do you assume you know who was interviewed? Were you there?

You only got word on two - and that's not been confirmed by either of the two parties to the interviews. It's informed rumor.

Has a modicum of intelligence and logic just disappeared here?

It's absolutely hilarious watching all these guys who got way too overexcited about all these big coaches they thought we were going to pull and now they're coming back down to Earth. 80% of the names being tossed around were so unrealistic it wasn't even funny and then when you say it's unrealistic, you get slammed for it.

It was never a case that most of us didn't want those big names like Chip or Patterson or others, but it was unrealistic to expect any of those to happen. I'll say Chip might be a possibility, but it's a pipe dream unless he actually leaves Philly. Patterson was never happening, never. Not after what he has built at TCU. Ultimately, it's very likely it was always going to be Butch from the beginning. It's not a done deal yet, but all the other realistic options are almost gone. Schiano and Richt are looking like the only realistic options right now.

Maybe its called doing your homework and coming to the conclusion alot of people have. Or its stupid since Blake James hired him before so he shouldnt need to vet him. You know investigate all that NCAA stuff for themselves. You know cover bases. The butthurt in your post is strong.

They will just direct us to play at sun life.

exactly...lol. Are the people at the University of Miami this fuggin stupid?

Glad I turned their *** down when shopping for doc programs. Love the football team...got the worst vibe from the professors and admin

Advertisement
Back