Pete says not Butch

Advertisement
I don't have much faith in Pete's predictions as he seems to be wrong more often than right. Also, throwing names out at this point is just speculation IMO. This is the Miami BOT and Flake James were talking about here. These guys have hardly shown in capability to effectively plan ahead in the athletic arena, now people are trying to give credibility that they've decided on who the new head coach will be when they haven't even fired golden yet. I really doubt any of them have had any serious deliberations on this topic beyond speculation and "what if" scenarios. I expect to hear a plethora of potential names floated once they actually can team golden but I'd make a large bet right now that nobody knows for sure who it will be.

I don't have much faith in Pete's predictions as he seems to be wrong more often than right. Also, throwing names out at this point is just speculation IMO. This is the Miami BOT and Flake James were talking about here. These guys have hardly shown in capability to effectively plan ahead in the athletic arena, now people are trying to give credibility that they've decided on who the new head coach will be when they haven't even fired golden yet. I really doubt any of them have had any serious deliberations on this topic beyond speculation and "what if" scenarios. I expect to hear a plethora of potential names floated once they actually can team golden but I'd make a large bet right now that nobody knows for sure who it will be.

First off, Pete was right today and he was the first one to say anything. Second, he's saying names that he is hearing be talked about. Doesn't mean they are the only ones and doesn't mean they will even be interviewed. But if you don't think they've been discussing names, you're delusional

Herman hasn't coached enough .. 6-0 doesn't equals keys to Miami's castle... No thanks.. What about Baber at bowling green.. Love his offense. We need a offensive mind and a let his defensive work.

Advertisement

First off, Pete was right today and he was the first one to say anything. Second, he's saying names that he is hearing be talked about. Doesn't mean they are the only ones and doesn't mean they will even be interviewed. But if you don't think they've been discussing names, you're delusional

Uh, that was kinda my point. I don't doubt that names have been kicked around, I just seriously doubt any body is locked in right now. Call me delusional but I have very little confidence in James or the majority of the BOT to plan ahead effectively.

Advertisement
Herman hasn't coached enough .. 6-0 doesn't equals keys to Miami's castle... No thanks.. What about Baber at bowling green.. Love his offense. We need a offensive mind and a let his defensive work.

i see what your say but miami needs to win with defense, the last 15 title holders all played defense. all of miamis championship teams had elite defenses and that what will win u games when its all said n done. i want an elite recruiter a truly elite recruiting that can hold on to kids field a mean defense and thats goood enough to win the acc yearly

Advertisement
I can see the Shula connection and it's someone I thought of earlier - solid OC in the pros, would bring with him Dorsey,
Probably, etc. low energy hire, tho

I've heard Schiano is the lead candidate.

I'm not a fan of that selection, but if he's willing to bring a true spread OC with him, while he runs the D, maybe it works.

If he shows up with John McNulty or Jed Fisch as his OC, I will be very uninspired.

Advertisement
Pete just said Mike Shula? WTF?

Pete's just throwing ***** against the wall at this point.

And if Miami was stupid enough to hire Mike Shula, Mike wouldn't last the season. The fans would revolt.

Now I think Pete is drunk on victory juice. Mike Shula? Is he even around football? His Dad was a football god but please. I was hoping they would announce Butch immediately so he could get started with recruiting. If not Butch then I am not sure who I want.

I've heard Schiano is the lead candidate.

I'm not a fan of that selection, but if he's willing to bring a true spread OC with him, while he runs the D, maybe it works.

If he shows up with John McNulty or Jed Fisch as his OC, I will be very uninspired.

***** more new stuff. Let him bring Butch as DC/Recruiting god and install classic Cane offense and defense. Got back to speed speed and more speed with aggressive react then read defense.

i see what your say but miami needs to win with defense, the last 15 title holders all played defense. all of miamis championship teams had elite defenses and that what will win u games when its all said n done. i want an elite recruiter a truly elite recruiting that can hold on to kids field a mean defense and thats goood enough to win the acc yearly

Amen. Old school Cane defense works against new stuff fine. Nimble 300 lbs DTs attaching middle of pocket with speedy tall lean DE containing as all head to the QB tackling the ball on the way. Speed everywhere is the answer. That is how we always had so many defenders on the tackle -- closed fast.

Advertisement
Back