Pete: Recruits and negative posts..

I'm not trying to suggest anything here. It's true, kids read these boards and I agree with you guys that they shouldn't base their decision off of what fans say on a message board, but consider this. If Player A reads that Site So-So has fans ripping him, it's gonna be pretty tough to ever get that kid to do an interview for that site again. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming, but take that into consideration.

And I will add that this has happened to us.

Advertisement
One example can easily be Rudolph because as much as I think he was leaving regardless after that interview when he talked about the name tag the hatred that kid received on here was at an all time high. Shi was disgusting to me that a maybe 17 year old kid was getting abused the way he was

even knowing that it negatively effects our coach's efforts in recruiting these kids, many dbags on here will continue to trash kids on here. I vote to have any threads and/or post that bad mouth these kids, be deleted

+1MM

As we all know, some of us can get sarcastic in our comments when it comes to grades. In the wake of the concerns with valentine, griffin, gray, bond etc I made a joke. The quintessential example of sarcasm, this is what I got called a ****head for, telling me to go drown myself:
353.jpg

Advertisement
Ive said this on other threads and I will say it again. Sometimes there are kids who are really on the fence, and are looking for any little thing to help tip the balance in one schools favor. If they go on a message board and the fans of one of the schools is trashing them and being d*ckheads, it CAN lead to that kid developing a negative view of the program by extension. Im not saying its going to affect most recruits, or be a sole determining factor, but if you are really torn between two schools, and the fan base of one of those schools are all trashing you, getting into twitter fights with you and calling you names, does anyone really think that is going to HELP us land that kid?

Personally I think we need to have tighter moderation on the recruiting board. Its one thing to have a free for all on the football board, and then we have the WEZ which is the WEZ, but when it comes to the recruiting board, most other major boards of other programs TIGHTLY moderate what people say on there and zap any stupid threads that are insulting recruits and their families, etc. Im not big on over moderation, but I do think we need to keep the stupidity off our boards. This board has absolutely become one of the major Cane boards, if not THE most high profile. Recruits ARE reading these boards. Its fair to discuss a player's strengths and weaknesses, but some of the sh8t that people say needs to be zapped.

I mean we are in TIGHT competition for some of the best players in the country. Do we really want to be part of the reason that a top player ends up going to FSU instead of here?

I'm not trying to suggest anything here. It's true, kids read these boards and I agree with you guys that they shouldn't base their decision off of what fans say on a message board, but consider this. If Player A reads that Site So-So has fans ripping him, it's gonna be pretty tough to ever get that kid to do an interview for that site again. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming, but take that into consideration.

Hey Benach, did you win that award you were up for?

Advertisement

Hey Benach, did you win that award you were up for?

Unfortunatley, no but thanks for asking

crossover22[]_[];1696334 said:
Any FAN that bashes a recruit that could actually play at Miami is a loser in life.

No doubt. A lot of dumbasses bashing recruits or players when the bashers have only played pop warner at the most. A joke when these kids are out there sacrificing their time busting their *** working out long hours to get better at football, life and playing at the U.

Some of these kids come from single parent families that struggle and sacrifice to support them playing football. People have no idea how hard it is for some of them. Some are coming off some serious injuries that take years to come back from and people still want to bash them. Most the bashers could not hold these recruits jocks or come close to what they are doing. SMH.

I think recruits can see that this is an emotional fan base. But people take it too far and bash kids. Hopefully adults can change and realize they're insane for blasting 18 year old kids but I doubt that will happen.

Although it might not weigh as heavily, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the recruits notice how many posters also dog our own canes. Kids who are supposed to be "family." With "family" like us, who needs enemies. Public criticism is unavoidable in today's college football, but some dudes just go too darn far.

Advertisement
We have a bunch of retards on this site.

We have guys who were calling Golden "The Don" a month ago, now doing there best to fit in with the crowd and bashing him in every thread.

We have a bunch of retards on this site.

We have guys who were calling Golden "The Don" a month ago, now doing there best to fit in with the crowd and bashing him in every thread.

Isn't it comical? We have the worst fans ever in America.

Advertisement
Mods need to do a better job of taking out the trash, the trash can has been running over lately

It almost feels like the mods are in bed with most of the trash on this site. Any overboard comment or thread I've made bashing the trash has been deleted. I was locked out of the FB board for making a satirical thread about the UVA game. Yet certain posters are allowed to make 5+ threads a day bashing not just coaching but the coaches wives, children and health. Kinda ******* stupid on the Mods part. Do your jobs mother ****ers.

Agreed that bashing a kid is for losers, but not for nothing, any kid that decides where they spend the next four years based on what an anonymous person on the internet says, is also a big ******* loser. I am starting to believe we are getting more of these kids than we want. I guarantee you half our roster is kids who got bashed by fans on SEC websites.

Advertisement
Back