Pete: Recruits and negative posts..

Martycane

Sophomore
Do they really influence kids?
Have you ever heard of anyone not committing --or decommitting -- because of what's said on sites like this one?

Advertisement
I just had a dad of a player pm me calling me a ****head telling me to drown myself because I made a sarcastic grade comment.

I think it affects kids slightly because nobody wants to have ppl talk **** about them but they are focused waaaaaaaaay more on themselves then idiots on the internet

Advertisement
even knowing that it negatively effects our coach's efforts in recruiting these kids, many dbags on here will continue to trash kids on here. I vote to have any threads and/or post that bad mouth these kids, be deleted

Some of you Grown men need to get a life and stop ripping on kids. You act like these kids affect your daily lives.. If they do then that's sad. I don't care if a kid doesn't pick us or bad talks the school.. Who cares we don't play for Miami we root for them.. Keep the bs talk about these kids to yourself and stop tweeting and dogging these kids. The fact that grown men with jobs and families have that much time on their hands to single handily dog 17 year olds to feel good about themselves lol.. Pathetic.

even knowing that it negatively effects our coach's efforts in recruiting these kids, many dbags on here will continue to trash kids on here. I vote to have any threads and/or post that bad mouth these kids, be deleted

2nd

Advertisement
I never see why a grow *** man can stalk **** about a teenager who isn't even 18 when they wouldn't do that **** in real life. Does it make them feel like men? If a kid doesn't want to be here good luck to the kid, hope he goes an education and I wouldn't wish that the kid gets a serious injury because I wouldn't want anybody to wish that **** on me

I never see why a grow *** man can stalk **** about a teenager who isn't even 18 when they wouldn't do that **** in real life. Does it make them feel like men? If a kid doesn't want to be here good luck to the kid, hope he goes an education and I wouldn't wish that the kid gets a serious injury because I wouldn't want anybody to wish that **** on me

The soft shouldered and meeker among us reveal themselves with "hope he tears an ACL" or "can't wait to see him fail" posts. This is Miami. I believe the quote was "we don't care about nobody but this U." Best we act like it.

I just had a dad of a player pm me calling me a ****head telling me to drown myself because I made a sarcastic grade comment.
206.gif

A few thoughts:

No point in going after kids going to other programs. If we take care of business we will get ours.

That said be mindful that some of the posters here are a lot closer in age to these kids then many of us and are not grown men.I keep reading assumptions that grown men are going after the recruits. That is a contradictory statement to me.

I think Pete is speaking tongue in cheek. Recruits at this level are weighing how they fit into what teams do, how they get along with coaches and players, how the depth chart looks, what type of academic support is in place for athletes, and what majors are offered. No recruit goes through a serious consideration of their future and bases their decision on message board banter. We aren't that important. Our fan base is a little larger than CIS. Fans can be brutal in person so if you cave over message board posts you're in real trouble. And if a player is basing his decision on message boards then he really needs better advice and a lesson in decision making. LOL!

Advertisement
I am with you Nupe, I am pretty sure a kid doesn't make his decision based on a football message board.

Advertisement
I am with you Nupe, I am pretty sure a kid doesn't make his decision based on a football message board.

Even if that were true, there is absolutely nothing productive about bashing recruits or creating negativity on the recruiting board. We want the best to play for the Canes, anything that makes it more difficult or prevents that from happening is counterproductive and self-destructive.

But many of the posters would rather be cool and tough on the internet to get their reps up to impress people the cool kids they don't even know.
- For those of you too dumb to get it: this includes turning recruiting threads into coach bashing

I'm not trying to suggest anything here. It's true, kids read these boards and I agree with you guys that they shouldn't base their decision off of what fans say on a message board, but consider this. If Player A reads that Site So-So has fans ripping him, it's gonna be pretty tough to ever get that kid to do an interview for that site again. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming, but take that into consideration.

I'm not trying to suggest anything here. It's true, kids read these boards and I agree with you guys that they shouldn't base their decision off of what fans say on a message board, but consider this. If Player A reads that Site So-So has fans ripping him, it's gonna be pretty tough to ever get that kid to do an interview for that site again. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming, but take that into consideration.

They should think like that, why show love to a site when a bunch of idiots rip him?

Advertisement
Back