Pete: Recruits and negative posts..

I understand being critical of coaching I just feel it's awful to bash hs kids because they don't choose your school.

Advertisement
I think recruits love to see fans get excited over them. A lot of recruits and their family have accounts on this site and some post on the board. In high school these guys are kings and all of a sudden they see on a message board where posters are saying they are JAG's and saying "don't want". Also calling a player names if he commits to another school doesn't help us flip them. Cal them names after they sign their LOA if you want.

I think recruits love to see fans get excited over them. A lot of recruits and their family have accounts on this site and some post on the board. In high school these guys are kings and all of a sudden they see on a message board where posters are saying they are JAG's and saying "don't want". Also calling a player names if he commits to another school doesn't help us flip them. Cal them names after they sign their LOA if you want.

I agree with this as well.

Advertisement
I agree the trashing recruits is a big NO NO and should be handled swiftly. The bashing of our coaches has to be curved to a large degree as well, because it gives potential recruits a negative view of our staff. If you are going to talk football, please know what the heck you are talking about. Regurgitating hatred makes our fans look stupid.

so why doesnt the site start banning violators?

Hmmmm

Advertisement

$$$>>>>UM.

They don't want to have to refund the subscription fees.

They don't want to have to refund the subscription fees.

Could only be one thing - Fear the WEZ

Alex Collins would've been in the backfield this year for the stretch run, if not for this site.

I'd even go as far as to say that negative comments about recruits on this site hurt recruiting over the last two and half years more than the Nevin Shapiro scandal.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1696334 said:
Any FAN that bashes a recruit that could actually play at Miami is a loser in life.

No doubt. A lot of dumbasses bashing recruits or players when the bashers have only played pop warner at the most. A joke when these kids are out there sacrificing their time busting their *** working out long hours to get better at football, life and playing at the U.

Some of these kids come from single parent families that struggle and sacrifice to support them playing football. People have no idea how hard it is for some of them. Some are coming off some serious injuries that take years to come back from and people still want to bash them. Most the bashers could not hold these recruits jocks or come close to what they are doing. SMH.

Totally agree.

There are threads where guys are bashing gus edwards for being terrible and he's a true freshman. I madeca statement saying I think he will be good here and got ripped in to. I like to give players a chance to develop and grow. We have a fanbase full of idiots that think every recruit should be a duke johnson or stacy coley.

This is miami and we are forced to play true freshman. No one realizes how bad this program has been for so long. I take up for these kids and like watching their careers here. Keep bashing me for it

Advertisement
Back