Pete on WVUM

WVUM | The Voice of the University of Miami

tune in now, ill post summary later

EDIT with summary:

-Pete and WVUM will be commentating the spring game.
-IPF plans started through boosters the minute Pro Day finished. more on that below.
-Shalala didnt let donations touch athletic department, that is changing now. Percentage of donations to school will go to athletics.
-"Biggest difference" with new coaches: Much more fast paced, no loafing around
-Manny Diaz "Really into it", walking around with cleats. Guys in team realize there is a difference with this staff. Athletes know they'll finally be used correctly.
-genuine concern on defense side of the table, talent isn't there across the board just yet.
-"to compete against the FSUs,Clemsons" need infusion in the backfield.
-gave shoutout to quarterman and pinckney
-Braxton has potential, never been fully healthy. Look out for him this season, fully ready now.
-Herndon being used as Hback
-Look out for Sam Bruce, AR (who looks ready to play), to have time next season.
-the football nugget from Pete: "Pro day obviously sucked, was embarrassing. Day after Pro Day, big time guys were already formulating a plan. That is 100% the top priority right now, they are working diligently. There is no time table, but we'll hear more from it soon."
-IPF would put us there with bama, FSU facility wise.
-Pete has no answer on why we're playing apalachian state, Ariz doesn't think it's blake james that scheduled that. Noone seems happy.
-Pete hasn't heard much about the UF-UM game, but says that orlando is gator country and not neutral country. However, "Miami travels well"
-Richt really welcoming to past hurricanes, expecting 200+ ex-cane athletes to be at the spring game.
-Pete: "Golden came here, had no idea what was coming with NCAA stuff, was very paranoid", tried to create his own legacy, but "that didn't really fly around here"

Thanks... Al Golden SMH

Advertisement
-Pete has no answer on why we're playing apalachian state, Ariz doesn't think it's blake james that scheduled that. Noone seems happy.

I disagree. As a North Carolinian with friends and family who went to App, I'm ecstatic lol.

-Richt really welcoming to past hurricanes, expecting 200+ ex-cane athletes to be at the spring game.

This is fantastic. Should be one **** of a recruiting event with all those former players there.
+1 for the recruiting part and I would love to play in the Carolinas but App state ain't cutting it, would prefer South Carolina any day of the week

Told them boys we need talentmore of it. We dont have a true miami back or speed either. Speed speed speed....cant wait till twotothree years whenwe r a machine.

-genuine concern on defense side of the table, talent isn't there across the board just yet.

Some keep screaming about all this talent on defense though.

Yeah there is a bunch of it on the dline and linebacker groups it's already known we need an upgrade in the back 4 like Pete said...

A bunch on the d-line and lb? Lol man yall need to go look at bama and clemson and etc. Thats what talent and depth is.

LOL at these dudes using a college kid's opinion as the bible on UM's issues. Everyone knows we need more CBs. Richt must not be too desperate, though, if he's leaving JC Jackson alone.

Advertisement
Reading comprehension seriously lacks on this site. Pete meant the IPF would be able to compete with Bama's and FSU's IPF, not the facilities as a whole. Its not really that hard to figure out smh.

****, 200+ alumni! Bring them all back home. Really wonder what the list looks like

LOL at these dudes using a college kid's opinion as the bible on UM's issues. Everyone knows we need more CBs. Richt must not be too desperate, though, if he's leaving JC Jackson alone.

While our coaching has been terrible, you couldn't have watched us these past few years without seeing talent gaps between us and the top teams.

While our coaching has been terrible, you couldn't have watched us these past few years without seeing talent gaps between us and the top teams.

I saw us regularly get kicked around by teams that can't recruit at our level. Again, for the super dense amongst us, NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT WE ARE ON BAMA'S LEVEL YET. We're talking about the goddam **** *** Coastal for fck's sake. Wake the fck up, son.

Advertisement

I saw us regularly get kicked around by teams that can't recruit at our level. Again, for the super dense amongst us, NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT WE ARE ON BAMA'S LEVEL YET. We're talking about the goddam **** *** Coastal for fck's sake. Wake the fck up, son.
I highly doubt coaches from the SEC are looking for coastal level talent. These guys haven't coached in the coastal so when they say we don't have enough talent, they are speaking in regards of tougher teams than UVA or Duke.

I highly doubt coaches from the SEC are looking for coastal level talent. These guys haven't coached in the coastal so when they say we don't have enough talent, they are speaking in regards of tougher teams than UVA or Duke.

You're a dimwit. Thanks for wasting my time.

-the football nugget from Pete: "Pro day obviously sucked, was embarrassing. Day after Pro Day, big time guys were already formulating a plan. That is 100% the top priority right now, they are working diligently. There is no time table, but we'll hear more from it soon."

What happened? Anyone?

Yeah this could mean anything and big time guys formulating a plan for what?

Just like when big time guys formulated a plan to fire golden after an embarrassment against Clemson and to pony up and pay for a quality coaching staff. Um higher ups and BOT hate being embarrassed

This university should be embarrassed about a lot of things,not just athletics. Worst run university in the country. (Okay, some place like Bridgeport could be as bad or worse.) Just hope Dr. Frenk can get something done. It takes an absolute meltdown before any of these fat cats will do a damned thing. Only at Miami! No wonder the school is a joke to most people. Decent schools laugh at us.

Last edited:

You're right, this is 2001 all over again. So Golden was a recruiting master since we're so **** talented?

Advertisement

You're right, this is 2001 all over again. So Golden was a recruiting master since we're so **** talented?

You proved to me that you're not bright enough for me to waste my time with you. I'd rather talk to a loaf of bread.

You proved to me that you're not bright enough for me to waste my time with you. I'd rather talk to a loaf of bread.
Please. You have nothing to offer but message board chest thumping.

What happened? Anyone?

Just like when big time guys formulated a plan to fire golden after an embarrassment against Clemson and to pony up and pay for a quality coaching staff. Um higher ups and BOT hate being embarrassed

This university should be embarrassed about a lot of things,not just athletics. Worst run university in the country. (Okay, some place like Bridgeport could be as bad or worse.) Just hope Dr. Frenk can get something done. It takes an absolute meltdown before any of these fat cats will do a damned thing. Only at Miami! No wonder the school is a joke to most people. Decent schools laugh at us.

As a UM grad, go **** yourself.

Which are the "decent" schools that laugh at us? How is being the best college in FL, and one of the best in the entire South a "joke to most people"?

Advertisement
It's like some of y'all don't understand, we have put a bunch of elite to very good players in the NFL over the last 5 years.... But we STILL haven't won the division or eclipsed over 10 wins.... What that tells you is 1st we have always had talent, actually more than enough to win the **** coastal division at least every year.... And secondly we had terrible coaches lately. So with more infusion of high level talent from this 2016 class plus returning 16-7 starters from an 8 win team last year with a very talented qb along with the coaching staff improvements we it would be a huge disappointment if we don't win more than 10 games period. No excuses

It's like some of y'all don't understand, we have put a bunch of elite to very good players in the NFL over the last 5 years.... But we STILL haven't won the division or eclipsed over 10 wins.... What that tells you is 1st we have always had talent, actually more than enough to win the **** coastal division at least every year.... And secondly we had terrible coaches lately. So with more infusion of high level talent from this 2016 class plus returning 16-7 starters from an 8 win team last year with a very talented qb along with the coaching staff improvements we it would be a huge disappointment if we don't win more than 10 games period. No excuses

We've had enough talent to win the coastal and ten games. We have been putting players in the NFL most years but that doesn't mean our them is filled with talent. When people are dying we need more talent it's because we need more talent to be a top team. Sure we can win ten games and the coastal with what we've got but that's not the goal.

What happened? Anyone?

What the actual **** are you even talking about..? You are the internet equivalent of a crazy dude screaming at pigeons about Social Security

Advertisement
Back