Pete: Hearing Rumblings on Sony

Advertisement
Miami did that because they don't want no small backs any more..... If you haven't noticed they want duke at 205... Yearby is all ready 190 comin in and edwards is at 230. They want an all around back, they are going to go all out for sony Michel, and definitely jordan Scarlett and jaques Patrick next year..

Yearby is not 190 but carry on.......

191lbs according to ESPN. And doesn't ESPN get their measurables from camps that they hold, like The Opening, that he attended?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/162993/Joseph-Yearby

Look up his numbers at the opening, he officially weighted in at 179......
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/7/1/4484646/full-nike-sparq-combine-results-the-opening-2013

nice, so it would be reasonable to guess that he would be around 185ish now and 190-195lbs by the start of the season

I would say that this is a reasonable statement. The point I was trying to make and have been since the summer has been that Yearby is not 190. That is where the mental gymnastics begin. I feel 195 is a solid goal for him next year. Posters on here have been telling me that he was 190 at the opening and that just out right wasn't the case.

191lbs according to ESPN. And doesn't ESPN get their measurables from camps that they hold, like The Opening, that he attended?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/162993/Joseph-Yearby

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/7/1/4484646/full-nike-sparq-combine-results-the-opening-2013

nice, so it would be reasonable to guess that he would be around 185ish now and 190-195lbs by the start of the season

I would say that this is a reasonable statement. The point I was trying to make and have been since the summer has been that Yearby is not 190. That is where the mental gymnastics begin. I feel 195 is a solid goal for him next year. Posters on here have been telling me that he was 190 at the opening and that just out right wasn't the case.

that puts him at about the same size Duke was as a freshman, and he was pretty **** productive at that weight..

that puts him at about the same size Duke was as a freshman, and he was pretty **** productive at that weight..

Couple things. One I wasn't talking about Yearby not being effective. He is our second most talented back the second he is on campus. Second, don't fall for the nonsense of Yearby ending up as effective as Duke was his freshman year. Mike James was our horse that year and we used Duke the way he is supposed to be used, get him touches but only so many where he is asked to run in between the tackles. Yearby on the other hand just isn't Duke, they are different. Duke is way more explosive and a big play threat, it's not even close. Yearby's bread and butter is gonna be the inside stuff cause he has unbelievable quickness, vision and feet but he is nowhere in the same zip code as Duke in terms of big play burst. I believe durability will be an issue for Yearby his first year, hence why we need more horses there. Gus is gonna need to step up for us cause I rather give Yearby 10 touches a game and hopefully have him for the entire year than him get 15 or so touches and he hits a wall just like Duke did just over half way through the season.

Couple things. One I wasn't talking about Yearby not being effective. He is our second most talented back the second he is on campus. Second, don't fall for the nonsense of Yearby ending up as effective as Duke was his freshman year. Mike James was our horse that year and we used Duke the way he is supposed to be used, get him touches but only so many where he is asked to run in between the tackles. Yearby on the other hand just isn't Duke, they are different. Duke is way more explosive and a big play threat, it's not even close. Yearby's bread and butter is gonna be the inside stuff cause he has unbelievable quickness, vision and feet but he is nowhere in the same zip code as Duke in terms of big play burst. I believe durability will be an issue for Yearby his first year, hence why we need more horses there. Gus is gonna need to step up for us cause I rather give Yearby 10 touches a game and hopefully have him for the entire year than him get 15 or so touches and he hits a wall just like Duke did just over half way through the season.

huh? why the defensive tone guy? i wasn't disagreeing with you. I actually stating some of the same in a separate post.

rewatching his film, what i like the most about Yearby are his instincts and his vision to run between the tackles. He is the perfect compliment for Duke, who i believe will be able to now play more of the roll that Cook did in high school, and break more runs outside. This year Duke needed to establish his presence between the tackles too often, which he wasn't really built for, but now Yearby will now be able to take part of that load and help set him up for more big off tackle runs.

But… i am now. Why the **** would Yearby now have durability issues? He's been a work horse for the last 4 years without 1 hiccup? His ankle should heal well and….knock on wood, i can't remembering many lingering ankle issues in the past with RBs

Advertisement
Miami did that because they don't want no small backs any more..... If you haven't noticed they want duke at 205... Yearby is all ready 190 comin in and edwards is at 230. They want an all around back, they are going to go all out for sony Michel, and definitely jordan Scarlett and jaques Patrick next year..

They must have weighed him in his wheelchair.

huh? why the defensive tone guy? i wasn't disagreeing with you. I actually stating some of the same in a separate post.

rewatching his film, what i like the most about Yearby are his instincts and his vision to run between the tackles. He is the perfect compliment for Duke, who i believe will be able to now play more of the roll that Cook did in high school, and break more runs outside. This year Duke needed to establish his presence between the tackles too often, which he wasn't really built for, but now Yearby will now be able to take part of that load and help set him up for more big off tackle runs.

But… i am now. Why the **** would Yearby now have durability issues? He's been a work horse for the last 4 years without 1 hiccup? His ankle should heal well and….knock on wood, i can't remembering many lingering ankle issues in the past with RBs

Not being defensive. The durability issues will be because he is undersized for the type of game he has. He is a tough inside runner but small. Dade has the best HS competition in the nation but it doesnt have anything on major CFB. Duke had durability issues his first year here, its tough whenever you are a true freshman and undersized to be called on for such a big role. Maybe he ends up playing like Jacquez Green, but doesnt happen regularly.

Getting Sony would be about the only thing Golden could do stem the tide of negativity.

I'd say firing Dorito would do the trick.

There's 3 definite in this world: 1) Death 2) Al Golden will not fire Coach D and 3) Sony will not be a CANE

Case closed!

Boy did you f UCK that up...everyone knows the only things that are certain in life are:
Birth
death
and
taxes.

It's all about the flU!

Advertisement
Back