Pete and Co. Any word on beard

Advertisement
Bruce is coming regardless. Beard was hired to bring in Jordan Scarlett. FACT. He is the weakest COACH on the staff right now. GREAT guy but he either needs to go back to Ops or seek work at FIU/FAU and develop his coaching abilities more. He will not be on staff in the same position with Richt. Take it to the bank. He and Biaz can do well from the Ops positions and develop their coaching techniques for another year or two before moving on.

Would LOVE to see Curtis Johnson back on staff in that WR Coach position/ Asst. OC

Would be a HOMERUN hire.

The receivers were an unexpected highlight this season. What the **** are you smoking?

Not event going to waste time. I like Beard for who he is. Facts clearly cause issues with a bunch of "fans" on this site...

Yes.

I think Brian McCledon is coming in as RB coach.

Small chance we go after Lamar Thomas.

McClendon probably stays at UGA with Smart.

Unless McClendon feels like Richt is grooming him to be a future OC and wants to continue to learn under him. He was a former WR, former RB coach for many years, a WR coach this year and passing game coordinator. It seems like a normal progression.

Fair enough. I read McClendon was one of UGAs top coaches, and is the interim HC for UGAs bowl game. The comments I've read indicated he might be retained by Kirby Smart.

Advertisement
Bruce is coming regardless. Beard was hired to bring in Jordan Scarlett. FACT. He is the weakest COACH on the staff right now. GREAT guy but he either needs to go back to Ops or seek work at FIU/FAU and develop his coaching abilities more. He will not be on staff in the same position with Richt. Take it to the bank. He and Biaz can do well from the Ops positions and develop their coaching techniques for another year or two before moving on.

Would LOVE to see Curtis Johnson back on staff in that WR Coach position/ Asst. OC

Would be a HOMERUN hire.

TROLL ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

Unless McClendon feels like Richt is grooming him to be a future OC and wants to continue to learn under him. He was a former WR, former RB coach for many years, a WR coach this year and passing game coordinator. It seems like a normal progression.

Fair enough. I read McClendon was one of UGAs top coaches, and is the interim HC for UGAs bowl game. The comments I've read indicated he might be retained by Kirby Smart.

I don't think it's going to be an issue of "retaining" McClendon. I'm sure Smart will want him. It'll come down to where McClendon wants to coach--Miami or UGA (or somewhere else of his choice).

It's going to be interesting to see just how beloved Richt was within his staff. If he can't get a bunch of them to follow him to Miami it'll be a little weird.

LOL at the Beardlievers on here. Love the goofy mantra about Beard being a great coach because our WRs were great. First, they weren't great or significantly better than they were at some other point in their careers.

Scott was great a few years ago before he got on the injury and suspension train. He's a phenomenal talent who will tear it up in the NFL. Coley is another phenomenal talent who had a freshmans season similar to this last season. Are you going to credit Oklahoma State's RB coach in the 80's for creating Barry Sanders?

Beard is the definition of amateur. He has a year as a HS assistant and a couple years as a secretary in the football office. His "grooming" as a position coach is a year under the immortal offensive wizard Mike Rumph.

Our own beloved Beardy Ryan aka Coach Macho is 10000x more accomplished as an actual football coach than Beard. You guys clamoring for him to coach LBs?

Beard needs to go out and hone his craft. He should try to work under some innovative offensive coaches at a lower level or try to get a video coordinator gig in the NFL and work his way up the ladder.

He's got no business being a position coach at this level of football. None. Folden hired him because there wasn't anyone of significance willing to jump on an obviously sunken ship and then have to move again somewhere else after a year. Same reason he had to get his DL coach from the school across the ocean.

Give me a break with this stupid baseless hype with Beard. The dude is a rank amateur and exactly what we need to correct. Let the man go hone his craft like everyone else has to do.

I am going to go with the "If it aint broke, why fix it?" quote here. While I see what you are saying as far as "paying his dues" what is another WR coach going to come in and do better then what Beard did? So we just kick him out because he is young and was unproven before he got here? I would like to hear some clear examples of some coaching deficiences that he has that would make you think he needs to go?...While he cant take credit for Scott. I will **** sure give him credit for the development for Coley and Cager.

He didnt have alot to work with. We whiffed on almost every HS WR recruit over the last 3-4 years that we coveted. Lewis is damaged goods. Berrios hasnt fully recovered from that injury yet. And I agree that he has to find a way to develop TBrady.

I am not one for keeping everyone. I have gone on record saying the only people who should be given a chance to INTERVIEW to keep their jobs are Beard, Ice, Scott. THATS IT. Everyone else needs to go. I saw NOTHING from our WRs, RBs, or TEs, that showed me whoever was coaching them needed to be fired. Cant say that for the rest of the positions.

I like Hurlie but he needs to stick to recruiting and thats it. He isnt a LB coach. If we are trying to run from our past (Didnt want to hire Butch) then we need to let Kehoe go too. Oline has underperformed. Was it all his fault? Maybe not. We whiffed on some Oline recruits that could have helped. But we need new blood at that position.

All the other coaches go without saying. (Coley, Dno, Williams, Melvin)

Swasey can stick around but only as our speed coach. I like Baez too. He can stay under a recruiting role. I have no problem with Josh Darrow staying around either.

Advertisement
Also $ matters.

Richt has a war chest to compete for top assistants. No Miami coach has ever had the type of resources Richt will have.

Yes.

I don't think it's going to be an issue of "retaining" McClendon. I'm sure Smart will want him. It'll come down to where McClendon wants to coach--Miami or UGA (or somewhere else of his choice).

It's going to be interesting to see just how beloved Richt was within his staff. If he can't get a bunch of them to follow him to Miami it'll be a little weird.

LOL at the Beardlievers on here. Love the goofy mantra about Beard being a great coach because our WRs were great. First, they weren't great or significantly better than they were at some other point in their careers.

Scott was great a few years ago before he got on the injury and suspension train. He's a phenomenal talent who will tear it up in the NFL. Coley is another phenomenal talent who had a freshmans season similar to this last season. Are you going to credit Oklahoma State's RB coach in the 80's for creating Barry Sanders?

Beard is the definition of amateur. He has a year as a HS assistant and a couple years as a secretary in the football office. His "grooming" as a position coach is a year under the immortal offensive wizard Mike Rumph.

Our own beloved Beardy Ryan aka Coach Macho is 10000x more accomplished as an actual football coach than Beard. You guys clamoring for him to coach LBs?

Beard needs to go out and hone his craft. He should try to work under some innovative offensive coaches at a lower level or try to get a video coordinator gig in the NFL and work his way up the ladder.

He's got no business being a position coach at this level of football. None. Folden hired him because there wasn't anyone of significance willing to jump on an obviously sunken ship and then have to move again somewhere else after a year. Same reason he had to get his DL coach from the school across the ocean.

Give me a break with this stupid baseless hype with Beard. The dude is a rank amateur and exactly what we need to correct. Let the man go hone his craft like everyone else has to do.

Thank You Sir that was very well put and I agree

If we want to compete for National Titles again we have to get out of this mindset that we need to give local coaches a chance in our program. We need national, veteran coaches.

Advertisement
Yes.

[/I]

Maybe I am strange but HC has a staff and gets fired. Doesn't that reflect on the staff? Mark got fired. Al got fired. It is entirely possible that a thoughtful man might not want anyone from either staff. I understand there are a lot of variables here but if I buy a make of car and it sucks, I usually do not run back a guy a second one like it. Just saying.

[/I]

Maybe I am strange but HC has a staff and gets fired. Doesn't that reflect on the staff? Mark got fired. Al got fired. It is entirely possible that a thoughtful man might not want anyone from either staff. I understand there are a lot of variables here but if I buy a make of car and it sucks, I usually do not run back a guy a second one like it. Just saying.

The end result is the same (both coaches fired), but the situations are completely different. Mark Richt was let go, not because he sucks, but because after 15 years he didn't meet expectations that fans and UGA leadership wanted. Al Golden was let go because he is a ******* horrible coach and leader.

Read on another board that Beard may join Muschamp's staff in SC.

Advertisement
The biggest disappointment was the DB play. With the upperclassmen we had I was very disappointed. Granted it is likely Donofrios doing but still

So Brennan Carroll was the WR Coach no one said a word and he failed to recruit (as the National Recruiting Coordinator) he was also the TE Coach we got no production (really) out of either position until Scott and Beard were hired. Both position groups play well but Beard doesn't get credit. If we lose KB to USE we will regret it. Coaching these days is much more than standing there holding a clip board who doesn't want a Coach that's still young enough to demonstrate techniques.

Stacey Coley had a great freshman year had a not so good sophomore year but has a strong Jr. year but his position coach gets no credit. Tyree Brady looked good in spot duty , Reshawn Scott took the next step as a WR. Herb looked better (though he had too many drops) Cager looked decent as a true freshman .

But because of lack of experience Beard shouldn't be retained. If McClendon comes he should be the RB Coach he played RB

He has coached more of the accomplished WR in country on the 7v7 circuit and is plugged into the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8CcRf2w1fs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5RQTjR7Mog

Advertisement
Back