Perspective:

The TRUTH.. IMO we don't go better than 7-5... These staff is trash I wish they can just RS all the upperclassmen so they can be here w/ HOPEFULLY A significant upgrade of a coach...

Advertisement
We still have plenty of talent, some positions will be worse (oline)but then again some will be better (dline). At the end of the day were a team that has talent far above most acc teams, aside from Clemson n fsu. It's just guna come down to coaching, and last year that was evident, seems like the coordinators and golden are just now learning the basics. Like I swear someone needs to get these goons a football coaching for dummies book...smh

It's not that they are learning the basics. What they know they know well. However, what they know doesn't jive with Miami talent. It's better suited for a mid-major, where they would need to scheme to cover deficiencies. We have no deficiencies at Miami, and need to be playing aggressive.
We still have plenty of talent, some positions will be worse (opine)but then again some will be better (dline). At the end of the day were a team that has talent far above most acc teams, aside from Clemson n fsu. It's just guna come down to coaching, and last year that was evident, seems like the coordinators and golden are just now learning the basics. Like I swear someone needs to get these goons a football coaching for dummies book...smh

Believe it or not the offense lost us more games than the defense

Believe it or not, all 3 phases of this team are awful.
This is a guy who gets it. The ST was the worst unit on the team, and the worst ever seen a Miami.

Which part of the ST?

Punting was great, kicking was good with what we have. A freshman walk on kicker.

Only thing that was terrible was kickoff coverage
Kicking was terrible. It was not about the kicker, kicks getting blocked, fumbled snaps. And we had no return blocking on punt or kick returns. U must have been watching something different from everyone else. Other than the punter the rest of the special teams was atrocious. It was the worst unit on the team. Coached by El Foldo

Kick return game was not Miami caliber. Punt return was awful. Coley looked scared as **** back there returning punts. I have to agree ST overall was underwhelming. When was the last time we blocked a kick or punt?

How many teams have multiple missed extra points in one season? Our return game was pitiful overall! Games are won and lost by all 3 phases. Like they say - stats are for losers. We need to speed up the O, get more aggressive on D and have a dominant special team. I think one of the problems was the losses of so many LB's the past 2 years - generally they are a core on ST.

Advertisement
how can you ***** about the play calling with ridiculous inconsistant line play? it doesnt matter what plays you call if the line doesnt do their job

tim-meadows.jpg

UM, when it decided not to fire that fat loaded diaper, was banking on the dopey fans getting all jazzed up over a bunch of lame propaganda videos about HS coaches and new hashtags and forgetting about 6-7.

Not happening with me. I'm gonna keep grinding my steely toe in Fat Folden's eye socket no matter what those media manipulating weasels pump out.

Fck hope. I'm grown enough to deal with reality. Sell the fake hope to the mental midgets.

It's not that they are learning the basics. What they know they know well. However, what they know doesn't jive with Miami talent. It's better suited for a mid-major, where they would need to scheme to cover deficiencies. We have no deficiencies at Miami, and need to be playing aggressive.
We still have plenty of talent, some positions will be worse (opine)but then again some will be better (dline). At the end of the day were a team that has talent far above most acc teams, aside from Clemson n fsu. It's just guna come down to coaching, and last year that was evident, seems like the coordinators and golden are just now learning the basics. Like I swear someone needs to get these goons a football coaching for dummies book...smh
Please stop the myth that Folden's garbage works at mid-majors because it doesn't. It "works" where the expectations are nothing and an occasional 9-4 season is looked upon as something to celebrate. He was Ohio U's bytch at Temple and could never even win the sorry *** MAC.

Advertisement
Every year. Every single dayum year. The team looks bigger, faster, hungrier, more focused, going to kill it, blah, blah, bla. Every spring we get all excited, I know, I have in the past as well.

But not this year.

Perspective.

Last year, in year 4, Al had at his disposal
* An All-ACC QB,
* A record-setting tight-end (best in college),
* UM's top-producing RB ever,
* Likely 9-10 NFL draft picks (more than anyone else in America other than FSU)
* A possible 3 possible first rounders,
* No less than 3, 1st or 2nd round NFL draft picks, and
* A top 15 defense.

AND WENT 6-7 in the worst division of the worst conference of the Power 5.

Gives me brain damage even to consider how bad Al is at his job.

UM Football is dead to me. Please, keep it in perspective.

thanks...always nice to get a fresh take on things.

Perspective = fans fault= negativity made the team go 6-7 0-4 vs FSU ...... Get it right man!
Als first year!
A lot of progress made this past year!

Golden lives up to what he preaches. "same player every day" he says. Well he is same coach every day and that coach sucks. He is not even loyal, as some say. He doesn't fire his coaches because that is an admission that his hire was bad. That prideful smuck has never made a mistake in his life. The proof is he never changes anything.

How many teams have multiple missed extra points in one season? Our return game was pitiful overall! Games are won and lost by all 3 phases. Like they say - stats are for losers. We need to speed up the O, get more aggressive on D and have a dominant special team. I think one of the problems was the losses of so many LB's the past 2 years - generally they are a core on ST.

Valid take on your end. I'll address from a different perspective based on something I saw.

We had a bye week prior to the FSU game. When I flew in from CA for that game, I was telling everyone at Smokey's tailgate that I felt we would run a fake field goal at some point. Its the kind of thing good coaches put in during a bye week prior to a big game. (see Vish's article on golden doing more poorly after bye weeks than after non-bye weeks for more data).

As I sat in the stadium, it was evident that FSU was selling out on every single kick. They went for the block on every single kick we attempted in that game. The fake field goal was ripe for the picking, yet golden either didn't practice it or chose not to use it. That very well could have been the difference in the game.

Once again, coaching matters!! And our guy just isn't good at it.

Advertisement
It's those dam night games that caused the losing record. Come on guys give Frauden a break.

Advertisement
Another clear example of poor coaching is constantly playing your corners 10 yards off the line against crappy receivers. Which of course allows the run game to run wild,once they get past the initial defensive line.
Face it folks the man just does not know how to coach talented players.

I can't remember a time during the modern era (post 81-82) where this program has been more toxic. Not even during probation were things so miserable. Golden is by far the worst coach I have ever seen.

Advertisement
Back