Perspective:

BALDYCHUTES

Freshman
Every year. Every single dayum year. The team looks bigger, faster, hungrier, more focused, going to kill it, blah, blah, bla. Every spring we get all excited, I know, I have in the past as well.

But not this year.

Perspective.

Last year, in year 4, Al had at his disposal
* An All-ACC QB,
* A record-setting tight-end (best in college),
* UM's top-producing RB ever,
* Likely 9-10 NFL draft picks (more than anyone else in America other than FSU)
* A possible 3 possible first rounders,
* No less than 3, 1st or 2nd round NFL draft picks, and
* A top 15 defense.

AND WENT 6-7 in the worst division of the worst conference of the Power 5.

Gives me brain damage even to consider how bad Al is at his job.

UM Football is dead to me. Please, keep it in perspective.

Advertisement
Last year's mediocre performance was clearly the result of Brennan Carroll being the WR corch.

The "Top 15 Defense" was an illusion, period. Yes, they were improved, but NOT one of the top 15 Ds in the country.

We couldn't convert 3rd downs to save our lives. If we do that, we win at LEAST 3 more games. That pitiful stat alone is what killed us, and is a darn good reason to shop for a new OC. We simply can NOT convert only 30%, or less, of our third downs and expect to win more games than we lose.

Also, yes, Kaaya had a good year with good stats, but when tough games were on the line he looked like a true freshman. Not a knock on him, really. Expecting a true freshman to play like a senior is asking a lot. Now, he's got more talent than any QB we've had in forever. More raw talent than Dorsey even. He desperately needs an OC that can get out of the way and let him make plays.

Every bad thing that happened this year came down to bad coaching, and badly timed turnovers. And I agree with you. It's hard to get excited knowing full well the brains behind this staff is coming back. My ONLY comfort comes in knowing Kaaya will have his first full offseason, and season under his belt. This should make a big difference next year. Now, I will break things when I see Coley tackled for a 5 yard loss on the first bubble screen of the year.

Advertisement
The "Top 15 Defense" was an illusion, period. Yes, they were improved, but NOT one of the top 15 Ds in the country.

We couldn't convert 3rd downs to save our lives. If we do that, we win at LEAST 3 more games. That pitiful stat alone is what killed us, and is a darn good reason to shop for a new OC. We simply can NOT convert only 30%, or less, of our third downs and expect to win more games than we lose.

Also, yes, Kaaya had a good year with good stats, but when tough games were on the line he looked like a true freshman. Not a knock on him, really. Expecting a true freshman to play like a senior is asking a lot. Now, he's got more talent than any QB we've had in forever. More raw talent than Dorsey even. He desperately needs an OC that can get out of the way and let him make plays.

Every bad thing that happened this year came down to bad coaching, and badly timed turnovers. And I agree with you. It's hard to get excited knowing full well the brains behind this staff is coming back. My ONLY comfort comes in knowing Kaaya will have his first full offseason, and season under his belt. This should make a big difference next year. Now, I will break things when I see Coley tackled for a 5 yard loss on the first bubble screen of the year.

Finally someone who sees it, how it really was!

Believe it or not the offense lost us more games than the defense

Wrong

Believe it or not, all 3 phases of this team are awful.

Advertisement
Every year. Every single dayum year. The team looks bigger, faster, hungrier, more focused, going to kill it, blah, blah, bla. Every spring we get all excited, I know, I have in the past as well.

But not this year.

Perspective.

* An All-ACC QB,
* A top 15 defense.

Strong post. Clearly the message from AG and staff is that we lost 7 games with all that talent and ability because of cliques and disunity. Still blaming the players. Smh

This is a guy who gets it. The ST was the worst unit on the team, and the worst ever seen a Miami.

This is a guy who gets it. The ST was the worst unit on the team, and the worst ever seen a Miami.

Which part of the ST?

Punting was great, kicking was good with what we have. A freshman walk on kicker.

Only thing that was terrible was kickoff coverage

Which part of the ST?

Punting was great, kicking was good with what we have. A freshman walk on kicker.

Only thing that was terrible was kickoff coverage
Kicking was terrible. It was not about the kicker, kicks getting blocked, fumbled snaps. And we had no return blocking on punt or kick returns. U must have been watching something different from everyone else. Other than the punter the rest of the special teams was atrocious. It was the worst unit on the team. Coached by El Foldo

Advertisement

But not this year.

Perspective.

* An All-ACC QB,
* A top 15 defense.

you forgot to mention 3-4 wr's that will all be playing in the NFL Dorsett, Waters, Coley and possibly Lewis/Berrios

Wrong

Lets see louisville, FSU, south carolina, UVA, you can make a case for the GT game, its a offensive game now a days, you arent going to shut down teams anymore, gotta out score them, so constant three and outs aint going to cut it, coley gotta step up the play calling

Love our players but Golden and NoD suck.

Losing all that talent but keeping same the coaches and ****ty defensive scheme = 5-7 in 2015.

That is perspective.

Advertisement
Flip Saunders on Andrew Wiggins game last night:

"To many details slows his game down, and he's not as good on the court."

Wiggins just turned 20 & is the the overwhelming favorite to win ROY.

+1

lulz at people trying to find proof that Golden is a lousy football coach.

It's like people searching for proof that Hitler was a bad guy.

I expect a couple folks to continue to deflect away from golden by blaming the offense, as if al golden is only the head coach of the defense. lol

Advertisement
Back