Perspective

I have trouble understanding how it's the players' faults when it's all the same players from last year. Same players, same opponents (if anything, the D of our last two opponents has gotten worse since last year), worse production. The biggest change? New staff. A QB coach hired because his last name is Richt. No true OC.

Advertisement
I have trouble understanding how it's the players' faults when it's all the same players from last year. Same players, same opponents (if anything, the D of our last two opponents has gotten worse since last year), worse production. The biggest change? New staff. A QB coach hired because his last name is Richt. No true OC.

When a ball is thrown to you, hits you in the hands, and isn't caught, that is the player's fault.
When a pass play is called and you throw it two steps behind the open receiver, that is the player's fault.
When a running play is called and you whiff on your block, that is the player's fault.

I'm sure the next line is "well whose responsibility is......". Heard it all before. And the answer is that you can only throw a guy so many passes in practice before he is expected to catch it when it counts.

When a ball is thrown to you, hits you in the hands, and isn't caught, that is the player's fault.
When a pass play is called and you throw it two steps behind the open receiver, that is the player's fault.
When a running play is called and you whiff on your block, that is the player's fault.

I'm sure the next line is "well whose responsibility is......". Heard it all before. And the answer is that you can only throw a guy so many passes in practice before he is expected to catch it when it counts.

Do our players make THAT many more mistakes than the players for Illinois, James Madison, and Pitt? Why was James Coley able to get so much more out of the same players? Is it just that our sample size is still too small?

Obviously there is blame to go around (Richt, Kaaya, OL). But there is still a very legitimate cause for concern.

Do our players make THAT many more mistakes than the players for Illinois, James Madison, and Pitt? Why was James Coley able to get so much more out of the same players? Is it just that our sample size is still too small?

Those I don't have the answer for. Wish I did. I don't pretend to know what goes on in the huddles or on the sidelines. Maybe it's a matter of a new system that will succeed in the long term that isn't clicking with the current personnel. If that's the answer, then I'm 1000% okay with that. I just have a hard time believing that a guy with Richt's success somehow came in and just made people worse. The answer has to be more complex than that.

Advertisement
Malcolm Lewis(senior) takes kickoff and goes out on 3 yd line! Cmon he should know better! Canes need an O.C. and special teams coach in off season for starters!

Malcolm Lewis(senior) takes kickoff and goes out on 3 yd line! Cmon he should know better! Canes need an O.C. and special teams coach in off season for starters!

But that's the type of thing that coaching doesn't fix. You need different players when it comes to stuff like that. My wife casually watches Miami games and nothing more and immediately knew that Lewis was an idiot.

Yea I get it. My point is just that there are things he can do to overcome those issues.

Like?

You're the coach so tell me if I'm wrong... but how about instead of running into the weakness of the team, they spread it out. Put kaaya in Shotgun, and go up tempo. You get the s outta the box get the DL winded. Take advantage of the next level WR and TE. Richt has been run heavy w OL that can't run block. If kaaya is allowed to use studs in the passing game I think we'd see more success. Even leave someone in the backfield to pick up blitz and be outlet....

Would that not make more sense than running the ball w a crappy O line?

We have been in uptempo mode plenty of times. The biggest issue with our uptempo? Missed throws, bad drops, causing lots of quick 3 and outs.

The moment you abandon the run, the dline teas up, causing more havoc to a weak line.

That was gonna be my response.

We have gone up-temp spread. For the most part we look really good running it. The problem is, the execution has been inconsistent.

But why abandon it for something were consistently bad at?

This is Richts 16th year.

He should know how to work around the Os weaknesses

16 years here? Look who he's taking over for and then rethink your statement. The offensive line is god awful in the run game and even worse pass blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop making excuses. Offense returned 10 starters including the whole OL. Offense is worse this year even though everyone is a year older.

We returned the whole crappy line? We asked them to forget everything they learned from Kehoe and start from scratch? And we expect them to improve ... from day 1?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea I get it. My point is just that there are things he can do to overcome those issues.

Like?

You're the coach so tell me if I'm wrong... but how about instead of running into the weakness of the team, they spread it out. Put kaaya in Shotgun, and go up tempo. You get the s outta the box get the DL winded. Take advantage of the next level WR and TE. Richt has been run heavy w OL that can't run block. If kaaya is allowed to use studs in the passing game I think we'd see more success. Even leave someone in the backfield to pick up blitz and be outlet....

We have been in uptempo mode plenty of times. The biggest issue with our uptempo? Missed throws, bad drops, causing lots of quick 3 and outs.

The moment you abandon the run, the dline teas up, causing more havoc to a weak line.

We have gone up-temp spread. For the most part we look really good running it. The problem is, the execution has been inconsistent.

But why abandon it for something were consistently bad at?

This is Richts 16th year.

He should know how to work around the Os weaknesses

16 years here? Look who he's taking over for and then rethink your statement. The offensive line is god awful in the run game and even worse pass blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop making excuses. Offense returned 10 starters including the whole OL. Offense is worse this year even though everyone is a year older.

We returned the whole crappy line? We asked them to forget everything they learned from Kehoe and start from scratch? And we expect them to improve ... from day 1?

Well... day 1 was in march.

But my point isn't an indictment of the OL.. it's an indictment of the coach for putting em in position to fail... so I agree w u.

Lets not forget a lot of times when we go uptempo we shoot ourselves in the foot with procedure or false starts....COLEY being a main culprit of this.

Gawk: penalties can be fixed. Lack of talent can't. So why not work on the penalties and use a system that has looked good at times instead of insisting on a plan that we just can't run.

And last year, we were a laughing stock. 3 Stooges like wins over bad teams like Nebraska. A National embarrassment against Cinci on a thursday when we were 3-0 and about to start the real season. A typical Folden choke and puke against an FSU team who tried to give us the game. The Clemson epic.

A miracle at Duke, a blowout loss and quit vs UNC, then we beat a few of the Coastal dregs, before becoming the only team who couldnt score against Leach in a bowl.

These "same" players did NOTHING last year, but quit and lose in blowouts.

Kaaya had better players last year that masked his weaknesses. The OL was better, the recievers were better, teams scored quick on us and often, so he was mostly throwing bombs or getting lots of yards after catches, during mop up time.

The same players that quit in the first minute against Clemson and UNC, and showed zero pride when undefeated and playing Cinci, are now two plays away from being way into the top ten, and in the playoff conversation.

I HATE losing to sorry *** Fedora, and letting Francois pwn us, but lets face it, Folden was gifted four years when it was obvious he was destroying the program, and yet a LOT of you claimed he just needed 8 years to build his program!

Advertisement

Lets not forget a lot of times when we go uptempo we shoot ourselves in the foot with procedure or false starts....COLEY being a main culprit of this.

Gawk: penalties can be fixed. Lack of talent can't. So why not work on the penalties and use a system that has looked good at times instead of insisting on a plan that we just can't run.

We had enough long drives and red zone posessions to win both FSU and UNC games by 14+ points. Kaaya cant hit a wide open, five yard pass half the time. 30 second 3 and outs which is what Kaaya would produce in a open offense, and our opponents score 45 points

Advertisement

We had enough long drives and red zone posessions to win both FSU and UNC games by 14+ points. Kaaya cant hit a wide open, five yard pass half the time. 30 second 3 and outs which is what Kaaya would produce in a open offense, and our opponents score 45 points

They moved the ball on those tempo drives. Not all, but they haven't moved the ball w the ground drives.

Bill Belichek said something about Allen Hurns during the 100 top players. Said you can COUNT ON HIM. You can't count on Coley.

So how would you make Coley, a senior, not line up offsides, not false start, not get procedure penalties and be someone we can count on? We could bench him. Make him sharpen his focus....then we're really at a disadvantage, but isn't being great and accountability something that should come from within Coley? This is his money year and this is what he does?

This is the reason i don't see it when people talk about coley as a first round talent or sure fire NFL starter/producer.

Just gonna play devil's advocate here for a second and ask a question.

Why was Georgia's offense usually among the top in the SEC in total yards and scoring? (in 2014 they were #1 in PPG with 41.3)

And last year, we were a laughing stock. 3 Stooges like wins over bad teams like Nebraska. A National embarrassment against Cinci on a thursday when we were 3-0 and about to start the real season. A typical Folden choke and puke against an FSU team who tried to give us the game. The Clemson epic.

A miracle at Duke, a blowout loss and quit vs UNC, then we beat a few of the Coastal dregs, before becoming the only team who couldnt score against Leach in a bowl.

These "same" players did NOTHING last year, but quit and lose in blowouts.

Kaaya had better players last year that masked his weaknesses. The OL was better, the recievers were better, teams scored quick on us and often, so he was mostly throwing bombs or getting lots of yards after catches, during mop up time.

The same players that quit in the first minute against Clemson and UNC, and showed zero pride when undefeated and playing Cinci, are now two plays away from being way into the top ten, and in the playoff conversation.

I HATE losing to sorry *** Fedora, and letting Francois pwn us, but lets face it, Folden was gifted four years when it was obvious he was destroying the program, and yet a LOT of you claimed he just needed 8 years to build his program!

Specifically name who these better players were.

Advertisement
Back