Perspective

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
What's the old saying never get too high after a win or too low after a loss?

I think we can all agree that the past decade has left the fan base clinging to hope anywhere we can find it and after getting to #10 many thought we were back even though we hadn't been challenged at all. We all also new that October was going to be the month we would find out what we had.

The good: we have a defense we can be proud of again. I'm not going to cover what's already been said but there is a lot to be excited about moving forward seeing all the true freshman out there doing their thing.

Major concerns: offensive line play-calling, and quarterback play. I have been a fan of kaaya and am not ready to put him on the bench but it's crystal clear that he has some serious improving to do.

Now for some perspective: this is richts first year and we have major dl depth issues all over the roster. Now where we need to see improvement is for him to tailor the offense to kaaya by allowing him to work out of the gun and for Christ sake use the middle
Of the field with njoku and Herndon.

Now richt isn't nick Saban, nobody is, but even saban had his issues in year one at bama. I won't be as patient with richt as I have been with the previous two coaches but I feel like he can't be accurately
Judged until he gets some depth and a decent ol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
This is Richts 16th year.

He should know how to work around the Os weaknesses

16 years here? Look who he's taking over for and then rethink your statement. The offensive line is god awful in the run game and even worse pass blocking.

Advertisement

16 years here? Look who he's taking over for and then rethink your statement. The offensive line is god awful in the run game and even worse pass blocking.

Yea I get it. My point is just that there are things he can do to overcome those issues.

Yea I get it. My point is just that there are things he can do to overcome those issues.

What do you do when your offensive line can't hold up in pass coverage or consistently open holes in the run game? I agree the play calling needs to be light years better but want people to take note of what he's working with on the offensive line.

What's the old saying never get too high after a win or too low after a loss?

I think we can all agree that the past decade has left the fan base clinging to hope anywhere we can find it and after getting to #10 many thought we were back even though we hadn't been challenged at all. We all also new that October was going to be the month we would find out what we had.

The good: we have a defense we can be proud of again. I'm not going to cover what's already been said but there is a lot to be excited about moving forward seeing all the true freshman out there doing their thing.

Major concerns: offensive line play-calling, and quarterback play. I have been a fan of kaaya and am not ready to put him on the bench but it's crystal clear that he has some serious improving to do.

Now for some perspective: this is richts first year and we have major dl depth issues all over the roster. Now where we need to see improvement is for him to tailor the offense to kaaya by allowing him to work out of the gun and for Christ sake use the middle
Of the field with njoku and Herndon.

Now richt isn't nick Saban, nobody is, but even saban had his issues in year one at bama. I won't be as patient with richt as I have been with the previous two coaches but I feel like he can't be accurately
Judged until he gets some depth and a decent ol.

Younwont be as patient as you were with previous coaches? That makes very little sense. Wouldn't it be the other way around?

Advertisement

Stop making excuses. Offense returned 10 starters including the whole OL. Offense is worse this year even though everyone is a year older.

Like?

You're the coach so tell me if I'm wrong... but how about instead of running into the weakness of the team, they spread it out. Put kaaya in Shotgun, and go up tempo. You get the s outta the box get the DL winded. Take advantage of the next level WR and TE. Richt has been run heavy w OL that can't run block. If kaaya is allowed to use studs in the passing game I think we'd see more success. Even leave someone in the backfield to pick up blitz and be outlet....

Would that not make more sense than running the ball w a crappy O line?

Like?

You're the coach so tell me if I'm wrong... but how about instead of running into the weakness of the team, they spread it out. Put kaaya in Shotgun, and go up tempo. You get the s outta the box get the DL winded. Take advantage of the next level WR and TE. Richt has been run heavy w OL that can't run block. If kaaya is allowed to use studs in the passing game I think we'd see more success. Even leave someone in the backfield to pick up blitz and be outlet....

We have been in uptempo mode plenty of times. The biggest issue with our uptempo? Missed throws, bad drops, causing lots of quick 3 and outs.

The moment you abandon the run, the dline teas up, causing more havoc to a weak line.

Look who he took over for? If you are one of many people here who think we have enough talent to win the coastal then who he took over for dont matter. He's a coach with 16 years of experience, the issues should be resolved by the vtech game or else.

Advertisement

Like?

We have been in uptempo mode plenty of times. The biggest issue with our uptempo? Missed throws, bad drops, causing lots of quick 3 and outs.

The moment you abandon the run, the dline teas up, causing more havoc to a weak line.

That was gonna be my response.

We have gone up-temp spread. For the most part we look really good running it. The problem is, the execution has been inconsistent.

And because we aren't "executing" what we are attempting to do....that somehow isn't a coaching failure?

If you call a great play and the QB throws the ball in the dirt or the WR drops a pass, how is that your fault?

Let me guess...

"Should coach them how to throw/catch!"

I'm pretty sure everybody on this roster works on their craft daily. They're not robots. They fvck up.

Advertisement
And because we aren't "executing" what we are attempting to do....that somehow isn't a coaching failure?

I would be interested to hear your philosophy on preventing things like drops and false start penalties. The actual answer is to get better players, but you can't do that in the first nine months on the job. That's why Butch, Saban, Petersen, etc., didn't walk in and win 11 games in year one.

I would be interested to hear your philosophy on preventing things like drops and false start penalties. The actual answer is to get better players, but you can't do that in the first nine months on the job. That's why Butch, Saban, Petersen, etc., didn't walk in and win 11 games in year one.

richt is clearly frustrated with these guys in practice

you can really start to see it on his face, "are these guys ***ing dumb? I'm giving the vanilla basic sh*t possible AND THEY STILL CAN'T ***ING DO IT"

Like?

Studs?

studs dont drop 7 **** passes

richt is clearly frustrated with these guys in practice

you can really start to see it on his face, "are these guys ***ing dumb? I'm giving the vanilla basic sh*t possible AND THEY STILL CAN'T ***ING DO IT"

Yep, and that's the result of recruiting south Florida players (with their mediocre HS coaching) and sticking them with an arrogant coaching staff for five years. Those guys weren't teachers, and Mark Richt can't teach the game to them overnight. The opening kickoff "return" was a five-year summary of the Al Golden era and the stupidity that remains in this program.

Like?

That was gonna be my response.

We have gone up-temp spread. For the most part we look really good running it. The problem is, the execution has been inconsistent.

Lets not forget a lot of times when we go uptempo we shoot ourselves in the foot with procedure or false starts....COLEY being a main culprit of this.

Advertisement
Back