Perry was #2 in QB warm-ups today ...

Advertisement
Intrepid reporting by Porter per usual

I know how much everyone on this board loves to **** on the beat writers, but you're gonna **** on them no matter what thy report. If he doesn't tell you the order of the quarterbacks people will whine that it's the type of info they should be reporting....and then if they do, it's "thanks for the hard hitting information!"

When you get 15 minutes to watch players do warm-ups I'm not exactly sure what they're supposed to report.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I know how much everyone on this board loves to **** on the beat writers, but you're gonna **** on them no matter what thy report. If he doesn't tell you the order of the quarterbacks people will whine that it's the type of info they should be reporting....and then if they do, it's "thanks for the hard hitting information!"

When you get 15 minutes to watch players do warm-ups I'm not exactly sure what they're supposed to report.

I don't think people are criticizing the factual portion, simply the sentence "that may or may not mean anything". Literally, that sentence says nothing.

I don't think people are criticizing the factual portion, simply the sentence "that may or may not mean anything". Literally, that sentence says nothing.

Don't you think he realizes that, but knows everyone's going to want to be provided this information anyway?

Don't you think he realizes that, but knows everyone's going to want to be provided this information anyway?

So you acknowledge that he could have omitted the last sentence and nobody would be criticizing him on this board, correct?

So you acknowledge that he could have omitted the last sentence and nobody would be criticizing him on this board, correct?

What I think is that he writes his updates for people other than Canes fans on Message Boards everyday, and maybe only catch his updates every once in a while, and need to be informed that the order isn't necessarily reflective of the depth chart. Fair?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn't Porter or somebody simply ask Richt "does the order of QBs have any significance" or are they not allowed to ask follow-up questions? I mean, even if Richt says "it doesn't mean anything" at least then they could attribute a quote to Richt or something and it would eliminate the whole snarky may-or-may-not-mean-something line...

What I think is that he writes his updates for people other than Canes fans on Message Boards everyday, and maybe only catch his updates every once in a while, and need to be informed that the order isn't necessarily reflective of the depth chart. Fair?

Uh, no, it's not fair.

In fact, the only people who actually care about the order in which the QBs are rotating are the people who are looking for every single bread crumb so as to determine how the depth chart is changing by the day.

And the casual readers only read articles, they don't seek out the blog posts.

What actually happened is that some people probably complained about the inane nature of reporting on the QB rep rotation, so he tried to have it both ways, he first reported the details, and then acted all cool, as if the details don't really matter.

Or even under your scenario: "Hey, here's a fact, but to all you casual readers, this fact doesn't mean anything".

Brilliant.

Advertisement
Back