Perry Question

Guys were open all night. FSU's secondary is trash. You don't get shredded like they have throughout the season with a good secondary, especially when you have a solid front 7. Perry was a little amped, he missed high a lot, and overthrew some guys. Youngsters tend to do that, especially if the moment is a little big for them. That said, he did have 4 touchdowns, and walked away with a win. Sometimes, you just have to make it through and go from there.
I'm gonna have to rewatch the game.. I definitely remember some missed opportunities but I also remember our receivers being blanketed at times and pressed aggressively at the line. This is arguably one of the most "talented" squads we are going to face all year (even if, yes, they are having a down year).

Advertisement
FSU recruits well every year. Their DBs are definitely "talented" despite their performance this year. Perry did well in respecting FSU's secondary despite what their record or what people were saying about them. He knew they would play up to their talent against Miami and that they wouldn't back down.

4 TDs, 0 INTs, Victory. Against FSU. Fugheddaboudit

They're "talented" nonetheless. FSU recruits well every year. Some of those DBs are studs, like Asante and Stanford Samuels (those are the only I know since they're from So Fla). Despite underperforming earlier this year, against Miami they were going to play up to their talent.
Being good in HS does not make automatically make you a good college player.

I noticed his throws in the first half were way different than what he showed us previously. I really think he was trying to take juice off his throws, which I don’t agree with. He throws like a rocket and it works, receivers just need to get used to it.

He struggled a bit today. But that one Throw to jt money was all I needed to see. My God that was a great throw over the middle. We have our qb

I noticed his throws in the first half were way different than what he showed us previously. I really think he was trying to take juice off his throws, which I don’t agree with. He throws like a rocket and it works, receivers just need to get used to it.
I think This as well

Advertisement
He's got great talent for the big play, so when he fires downfield it's a thing of beauty, but those timing and touch passes are simply not up to snuff yet. Several drops by receivers obviously worked against him, but he missed BADLY on a number of relatively short throws. Hopefully his games matures over the season and during the next offseason.
All that wasted time not getting the appropriate reps in camp.

All that wasted time not getting the appropriate reps in camp.
Agreed. Definitely could have used more polishing in that regard. Of course, Malik worked hard and got plenty of reps in those situations and continued over time to miss on easy passes, so sometimes the player just isn't wired that way. Let's hope that's not the case with Perry.

Advertisement
OL was getting whipped earlier in the game. Perry could rarely set his feet or step into throws. As the game went on FSU Dline started to wear down and Perry had time.
Start St Louis Boulwatre Guathier Donaldson Scaife and Perry will be better earlier in games.

2nd start in a huge game

This right here. Kid played just fine for his 2nd start which happen to be vs our biggest rival (& I’ll add who came in already backed into a corner like a wounded animal).

He’ll be just fine.

More practice time and timing with the receivers (who are also young) will do him good.

Arm chair and key warriors are the ones posting "deer in the headlights". Check out the poster before you even read.

Advertisement
His first throw was a rocket to the chest of Jeff Thomas. Bounced right off him. Sometimes you have to ease up and make a catchable ball. I think he was told to calm the F down.

He threw it behind Thomas, that throw has to be in front of the numbers. Weird thing about Perry is He throws a good slant inside the 20, but is inaccurate as **** otherwise.

+ 0 interceptions. I'll take it
This was the key to the game. I didn't see a deer in the headlight look. There were a couple of times he ran himself into pressure when he actually had good protection but that will happen sometimes when the DL is living in your backfield. I felt he never put the ball in harms way though and Richt helped him by continuing to call run plays even though his oline is trash

As long as he goes back to normal against these weaker teams. Poor accurate against weak competition is why Rosier is on the bench. Give us back the 60%-plus completion and good accuracy again and I'll be fine since that was FSU.

Advertisement
I was at the game so didn’t see the same camera angles folks saw on tv. I saw some mentioned Perry had a ‘deer in the headlight’ look for most of the game.

What I haven’t seen mentioned was the lack of zip on Perry’s throws yesterday. In previous games he would throw straight bullets at his targets but yesterday balls seemed to float more. This could be why his accuracy on some throws was pretty bad.

Did anyone else notice this? If it was a confidence thing, I hope this win gives him what he needs mentally to get back to his gun slinging throws.

Looked liked he made an effort to not throw contested ball. Every ball he throw was in to an area where a defender could not get it.

Advertisement
Back