Perry Question

404Usernamenotfound

Sophomore
Premium
I was at the game so didn’t see the same camera angles folks saw on tv. I saw some mentioned Perry had a ‘deer in the headlight’ look for most of the game.

What I haven’t seen mentioned was the lack of zip on Perry’s throws yesterday. In previous games he would throw straight bullets at his targets but yesterday balls seemed to float more. This could be why his accuracy on some throws was pretty bad.

Did anyone else notice this? If it was a confidence thing, I hope this win gives him what he needs mentally to get back to his gun slinging throws.

Advertisement
Aiming vs throwing. Honestly I think the staff, or Rosier, talked all week about how tight the throwing windows will be and got the kid psyched out. Or he did it to himself watching film. Either way his throws early were tentative

I was at the game so didn’t see the same camera angles folks saw on tv. I saw some mentioned Perry had a ‘deer in the headlight’ look for most of the game.

What I haven’t seen mentioned was the lack of zip on Perry’s throws yesterday. In previous games he would throw straight bullets at his targets but yesterday balls seemed to float more. This could be why his accuracy on some throws was pretty bad.

Did anyone else notice this? If it was a confidence thing, I hope this win gives him what he needs mentally to get back to his gun slinging throws.

His first throw was a rocket to the chest of Jeff Thomas. Bounced right off him. Sometimes you have to ease up and make a catchable ball. I think he was told to calm the F down.

Advertisement

I think he did not throw with a lot of zip on several of his throw because he didn't need to, he threw the correct pass. Every pass doesn't have to be a fireball.

FSU has talented DBs and they played a lot of man coverage... This wasn't the soft zone we saw the previous games .. Perry had to get the ball to his receivers however best he could, and that's what he did.

Some throws he could not step into. He is going to be fine guys. He can make all the throws. I big win like this will do volumes for his confidence.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if it reaches the field on the shorter throws but there was a pretty decent wind running through the stadium at certain times. There was one throw in particular i'm positive was lifted up and sailed on him. It was earlier in the game i don't remember which throw but it was a 35+yd throw.

2nd start against our biggest rival with a work in progress o line and no run support. 4td 0int.

From my seat had the perfect angle, was able to watch the TD to Thomas develop from start to finish.

That route and throw were a thing of beauty.

Perry is going to be just fine.

Advertisement
FSU has talented DBs and they played a lot of man coverage... This wasn't the soft zone we saw the previous games .. Perry had to get the ball to his receivers however best he could, and that's what he did.
No they don’t. FSU db’s have been trash all season!

Guys were open all night. FSU's secondary is trash. You don't get shredded like they have throughout the season with a good secondary, especially when you have a solid front 7. Perry was a little amped, he missed high a lot, and overthrew some guys. Youngsters tend to do that, especially if the moment is a little big for them. That said, he did have 4 touchdowns, and walked away with a win. Sometimes, you just have to make it through and go from there.

Advertisement
2nd start against our biggest rival with a work in progress o line and no run support. 4td 0int.

FSU has one of the best run defenses in the country, Perry was going to have to carry the mail. He didn't get the job done, but was able to cash in on the D creating havoc. He wasn't helped by drops, I had at least 6 charted. When one looks at that, and the ones he missed, a lot of points and yards were left on the field. Perry should have been able to torch FSU, but just had a bad day in some aspects. That said, as a QB your job performance is based on winning. Miami won. Period.

He's got great talent for the big play, so when he fires downfield it's a thing of beauty, but those timing and touch passes are simply not up to snuff yet. Several drops by receivers obviously worked against him, but he missed BADLY on a number of relatively short throws. Hopefully his games matures over the season and during the next offseason.

No they don’t. FSU db’s have been trash all season!
They're "talented" nonetheless. FSU recruits well every year. Some of those DBs are studs, like Asante and Stanford Samuels (those are the only I know since they're from So Fla). Despite underperforming earlier this year, against Miami they were going to play up to their talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back