Perry feeling more comfortable running the offense

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
After Wednesday’s practice, N’Kosi Perry admitted he felt more comfortable in the GT game and is now more prepared to run the offense.

“I feel I’m more ready than I was before, more comfortable, more prepared,” Perry said. “Not just by watching [film] by myself, but getting the players involved.”

With Clemson transfer QB Kelly Bryant taking a visit to Miami, how does he feel on adding an older player to the QB competition in 2019?

“I feel that’ll make everybody stronger, play better,” Perry said. “Competition is always good for any position on the field.”

With the Canes at 5-5 and out of the Coastal division race, Perry admits this season has been a disappointment, but that he doesn’t pay attention to the outside noise.

“It’s disappointing for the team, the seniors,” Perry said. “It’s not the season we were hoping for, that we thought we’d have. It’s learning lessons… We can’t pay attention too much to people that are not in there with us, because they don’t understand.”

With his starting spot now secure heading into VT, Perry says he's focusing more on "being energetic and positive... I think it’s rubbing off on the team."

Advertisement
He should have been allowed to play from UVA on . Guys were ready to write him off after his first few starts and being yanked in and out the game . Some guys learn better by just playing

Should of would of but I agree in whole. He was struggling mightily. The good news is he took it like a man and has regained the job.

Advertisement
After Wednesday’s practice, N’Kosi Perry admitted he felt more comfortable in the GT game and is now more prepared to run the offense.

“I feel I’m more ready than I was before, more comfortable, more prepared,” Perry said. “Not just by watching [film] by myself, but getting the players involved.”

With Clemson transfer QB Kelly Bryant taking a visit to Miami, how does he feel on adding an older player to the QB competition in 2019?

“I feel that’ll make everybody stronger, play better,” Perry said. “Competition is always good for any position on the field.”

With the Canes at 5-5 and out of the Coastal division race, Perry admits this season has been a disappointment, but that he doesn’t pay attention to the outside noise.

“It’s disappointing for the team, the seniors,” Perry said. “It’s not the season we were hoping for, that we thought we’d have. It’s learning lessons… We can’t pay attention too much to people that are not in there with us, because they don’t understand.”

With his starting spot now secure heading into VT, Perry says he's focusing more on "being energetic and positive... I think it’s rubbing off on the team."

I absolutely believe Perry and Miami's offense will have a VERY GOOD game against a lame sorry **** Va. Tech defense this Saturn day. Matter of fact, I expect Miami to score at least TWENTY-EIGHT offensive points! OUCH. Maybe more points and what not.

Heard he had one of his best practices of the season today. Threw a gorgeous ball to JT4 over top of safety down the right sideline, dropped right into JT4’s arms.

I absolutely believe Perry and Miami's offense will have a VERY GOOD game against a lame sorry **** Va. Tech defense this Saturn day. Matter of fact, I expect Miami to score at least TWENTY-EIGHT offensive points! OUCH. Maybe more points and what not.
Bud Foster is smarter than Richt.

Advertisement
Should of would of but I agree in whole. He was struggling mightily. The good news is he took it like a man and has regained the job.

First road game on the road kid had not played much I expected some struggles. Receiver ran the wrong route on 1 INT he should have been allowed to fight his way through it.

Bud Foster is smarter than Richt.

However, play boy Foster doesn't have those " top tier " players on defense this Saturn day. Haven't you heard the news today. Va. Tech's defense has been decimated by the injury bug and all that.

Advertisement
Coach cost us 2 games minimum by starting Rosier. Perry is not perfect and has had some horrendous moments, but he is still light years ahead of 12.

Advertisement
However, play boy Foster doesn't have those " top tier " players on defense this Saturn day. Haven't you heard the news today. Va. Tech's defense has been decimated by the injury bug and all that.
I know, I can def see Perry having a good day, I wouldn’t be surprised if we won

But with Richt and our OL, I have zero confidence, especially against Bud Foster

I know, I can def see Perry having a good day, I wouldn’t be surprised if we won

But with Richt and our OL, I have zero confidence, especially against Bud Foster

Bud is going to be blitzing people from the parking lot all day on Richt.

He should have been allowed to play from UVA on . Guys were ready to write him off after his first few starts and being yanked in and out the game . Some guys learn better by just playing

The best thing happened was he got benched during that game, got his **** humbled and made him realize no matter how good you think you are in your head, why are your stats (3 for 6 20yrds with 2 picks no matter who ran the wrong route on one of them)worst than rosier on that day running the same system. If me and you in the same system and you have more talent than me it should still shine thru.

Coach richt did the right thing starting rosier those games cause perry wasnt mentally ready to lead this team, but that real light and trust that the headcoach has to have with his qb is headed now in the right direction, coach richt was right about how he handled it and is why i got respect for em, cause he started rosier when it wasnt popular, but he was also right when he said sadly but true that rosier is the qb that gives us the best chance to win, than the next game, we plan on getting perry some reps, sat his **** down the whole game.

Coach richt had to send that message to em, so he can understand what it takes to be elite and when you dealing with a headcoach that has charlie ward and chris weinke on his resume WTH can some highschool qb that they've seen knowing he cant read defenses just yet gone tell him.

They here kelly bryant coming in, now they talking different already, you gotta luv a headoach that's running a team like that. And for those who want to act like coach richt not starting perry has cost us games, what happened last game. So respect should be given to coach richt on how he's developing perry, he's been far from plug & play.

Advertisement
Back