Perfect replacement for corn elder

Advertisement
Love Bandy, but I hope you dudes don't expect a freshmans to come in here and give us what Corn does.

Love Bandy, but I hope you dudes don't expect a freshmans to come in here and give us what Corn does.

No not right off the bat but throughout his career maybe. Corn is having the best season of any db from Miami in the last decade probably. Bandy will play a lot next year as we don't have quality depth there he is a talented player. We are going to miss corn man. Only 3 games left to watch him play as a cane

Advertisement
Bandy won't be asked to do what Elder is doing for our Defense this year, he won't have the same level of responsibilities.

Bandy will be a great player for us no doubt, but he won't be an outside Corner, he's an inside Nickel & could even play Rover.

The closest thing we have to an "Elder replacement" is Malek Young... Once he further develops & gains more experience, he'll be the kind of Outside Corner that we need & can use similarly to the way we're using Elder now.

He has the Speed, natural instincts, great tackling ability & can be used as a Blitzer in the future... All he needs to do is start catching the ball.

Bandy will be the most game ready CB in this class for sure, he'll get meaningful PT day 1, he reminds me of Brandon Flowers in his prime.

Malek Young will be asked to replace Elder. If he can offer 75% of what Corn produced, the loss can be made up elsewhere. Frankly, Corn's been playing Cover 3 and dropping quite a bit in coverage, but he's made his mark as a willing tackler and playmaker. If Young stays healthy and takes the step I expect, I don't consider it a disastrous loss.

What they do with the Redwine and Safety situations are far more interesting to debate.

Kid is awesome. My favorite DB prospect cause he reminds me of Dowels. (only thicker and more physical)

Day one contributor IMO.

Advertisement
Malek Young will be asked to replace Elder. If he can offer 75% of what Corn produced, the loss can be made up elsewhere. Frankly, Corn's been playing Cover 3 and dropping quite a bit in coverage, but he's made his mark as a willing tackler and playmaker. If Young stays healthy and takes the step I expect, I don't consider it a disastrous loss.

What they do with the Redwine and Safety situations are far more interesting to debate.

If Redwine's natural position is safety as everyone suggests, we should move him now. It's not like we're deep at safety and he'll be a junior next year.

The question becomes who plays the other corner. Either way, there's a hole to fill losing Corn.

Bandy won't be asked to do what Elder is doing for our Defense this year, he won't have the same level of responsibilities.

Bandy will be a great player for us no doubt, but he won't be an outside Corner, he's an inside Nickel & could even play Rover.

The closest thing we have to an "Elder replacement" is Malek Young... Once he further develops & gains more experience, he'll be the kind of Outside Corner that we need & can use similarly to the way we're using Elder now.

He has the Speed, natural instincts, great tackling ability & can be used as a Blitzer in the future... All he needs to do is start catching the ball.

Bandy will be the most game ready CB in this class for sure, he'll get meaningful PT day 1, he reminds me of Brandon Flowers in his prime.

Bandy is already better than young. Rhe staff and fans needs to stop just piegon holding bandy to the nickle spot. Once he gets on campus staff wont have a choice but to play him outside.

My Opinion he put Bandy and Malek on the outside, have Jaquan play nickel and move Redwine to safety. Use Redwine as a boundary corner in certain match ups or near the red zone, when doing so move Jaquan back to safety and Bandy to the nickel spot. **** we are really gonna need someone to step up at CB next year. Thank God for that front 7.

Advertisement

Bandy is already better than young. Rhe staff and fans needs to stop just piegon holding bandy to the nickle spot. Once he gets on campus staff wont have a choice but to play him outside.
Yeah they tried to anoint corn elder as a nickel corner only and look how stupid that sounds now

Look, I'm as big a fan of Bandy as anyone, but to say he's already better than Young before he's even taken a single snap is just plain foolish bro...

I'm not pigeonholing him as a Nickel, I'm making that assessment based on film & seeing him play live...
I saw when they played Ridge & Gamble completely posted him up & scored a TD on him, and it was simply a matter of Gamble being too big for him to cover.

The best he's played actually has been at the the Safety spot, in the same role as his idol Tyrann Mathieu, but he's not going to do that here & it would put our Defense at a grave disadvantage to field a secondary with two 5'9 Corners...

I'm NOT saying he won't be good or he can't ball because of his height, I'm saying he'll help our Defense best at Nickel, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yall act like playing Nickel is a bad thing or there's some kind of stigma with that, it's what he's best at, so it only makes sense to put him in the best position to succeed.

Look at the way we're recruiting CB's, what do most of them have in common? Ask yourself why we're recruiting CB's the way we are...

Last edited:

^^^^^^ Y'all see this right?

Don't argue wit me, argue with Lu, cause he's saying the same thing... Lol

Advertisement
Malek is gonna be a badass here despite guys ready to crucify him already.

Redwine doesn't run well enough. We need a big speed infusion at DB.

Gonna need another grad transfer CB next year, or we could be in big trouble.

It took Elder 4 year to be an elite CB, maybe that had to do with the fact that Paul Williams was his CB coach for 3 years. Mike Rumph seems to be able to develop cbs at a much faster rate. But I see Bandy starting out at Nickel like Elder did here than shifting over to corner after a year or two.

It took Elder 4 year to be an elite CB, maybe that had to do with the fact that Paul Williams was his CB coach for 3 years. Mike Rumph seems to be able to develop cbs at a much faster rate. But I see Bandy starting out at Nickel like Elder did here than shifting over to corner after a year or two.

Elder was good last year too. But his game clearly was elevated from last year

Advertisement
Back