Perfect LB Class

Bonnito and i really like the Miller Kids film and play style.

But i want Bonnito in this class.

Advertisement
Bonnito and i really like the Miller Kids film and play style.

But i want Bonnito in this class.

Bonnito or bust, move on from joyner. Lock up chatfield at dend who has even more talent than Trent Harris imo.

I'm gonna lay out the 2019 depth chart here since everyone us worried sick about it.

SLB- Mccloud (SR), Wilder (JR)
MLB- Shaq (SR), Jennings (JR)
WLB- Pinckney (SR), Steed (JR), Gordiniere (JR)

This is without ANY 18 recruits.
IMO there is no way all 3 seniors are back which leaves us short then. I know the 19 class is a great one, but the kind of depth we have with only adding 1 this year requires the 19 guys to make an impact right away. Now I know that could be a possibility as we will get a very talented group, but you dont want to rely on that. IMO this is why we need to add 2 in this class with the outside shot of adding Abdullah at the last minute (only because I truly believe he'll ball out wherever he goes).

No thanks to Abdullah, pretty sure Malek Young is bigger than him.
remember a guy named Sean Spence? Nearly identical frames. You put 15-20 good pounds on Abdullah and let him be a 210 lb that can fly around and play in space. Abdullah is just a football player and I love that.

Advertisement
Why are people on this board so quick to assume the linebackers will leave before their senior year. If there was any single person on the team where I would be shocked that they passed up an opportunity to play their senior season at THE U as its Captain Middle Linebacker... it would be Shaq Quarterman. I’m callin it right now. All 3 lbs stay their senior season.

Advertisement
You have to be very careful with the LB position nowadays. With the way offenses have trended, you must have LBs who are agile, fast and can move well in space. Very few top tier teams line up in the I and try to pound it down your throat for 4 quarters. College football today is about the passing attack and a dual threat QB.

With that, the reliance on a traditional 4-3 defense is less and less. You need LBs who can play that hybrid LB/Safety role just as much as you need the traditional thumper LB. ****, even the Mike LBs need to be athletic as **** these days. Ask Shaq. That's why I don't think you will see LBs in the mold of a Mike Smith or D. Owens in our program for the foreseeable future.

So we don't need to reach for LBs just for the sake of getting LBs. Be choosey and get the right LBs for our system. Bonnitto sounds like a great fit, and maybe 1 other but that should be the max for 2018.

No thanks to Abdullah, pretty sure Malek Young is bigger than him.
remember a guy named Sean Spence? Nearly identical frames. You put 15-20 good pounds on Abdullah and let him be a 210 lb that can fly around and play in space. Abdullah is just a football player and I love that.

With the way teams are spreading things out this sounds like a good plan. What a great problem to have.

I'm gonna lay out the 2019 depth chart here since everyone us worried sick about it.

SLB- Mccloud (SR), Wilder (JR)
MLB- Shaq (SR), Jennings (JR)
WLB- Pinckney (SR), Steed (JR), Gordiniere (JR)

This is without ANY 18 recruits.

A lot of people are forgetting about him...He was supposed to start over Shaq his freshman year but got hurt. Getting him back next year will vastly improve our depth...it’s Gordinier btw.

IF he can stay healthy long enough....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back