Perfect example of why CFB Needs Miami

college football hasn't had Miami for 2 decades and it has exploded.. Big10 just signed a $1B contract and you have programs who haven't won anything in decades or ever shelling out millions of $ for high school athletes...

Advertisement
If it's just a "narrative" and Mario had the players to go 9-3 or 10-2, but was too incompetent to do so, how will you explain it when we have more wins next year and then more wins the year after?
You have provided zero insight besides telling us it was a "terrible roster and players didnt want to play hard for Mario". Speak some facts. Its like arguing with a kid lol

You have provided zero insight besides telling us it was a "terrible roster and players didnt want to play hard for Mario". Speak some facts. Its like arguing with a kid lol

What insight have you provided other than horrible writing and "MARIO SUX"?

Advertisement
Stop the nonsense....No vendetta in regards to Mario.....Spent alot of time with him when he was a GA here. Bottomline is....You ALWAYS start by hiring a quality staff. That should've been endeavor #1, which he's failed at. Nobody is knocking his recruiting. That would be moronic. But without quality assistant coaches, your Top notch recruiting is virtually meaningless.
Chicken or the Egg? I would rather have an assistant coaching issue than a recruiting issue. The talent we have and the salaries we pay should be a draw for Mario to get his house in order. Not really worried, but I don't think I can handle' insanity' --- doing the same thing next year and expecting different results!

Stop the nonsense....No vendetta in regards to Mario.....Spent alot of time with him when he was a GA here. Bottomline is....You ALWAYS start by hiring a quality staff. That should've been endeavor #1, which he's failed at. Nobody is knocking his recruiting. That would be moronic. But without quality assistant coaches, your Top notch recruiting is virtually meaningless.
You’re worried about assistant coaches and rightfully so. I’m just as worried about our head coach who needs to attend football for dummies 101 night school and he’s been a head coach for a decade now

Advertisement
I don’t know if college football needs UM to be great as much as we do, but college football needs a team outside the southeast to win a NC.
The fact is that ratings for college football post season games have dropped tremendously and it is on the verge of becoming NASCAR, a regional sport.
This year’s NC game had the fewest viewers of all time.
This year’s Rose Bowl was the lowest rated of all time. This list could go on and on but I don’t want to do all the research,

So yes there is a problem in that the teams that are winning; Bama, UGA, Clemson are all from the Bible Belt (just a geographic term, not a religious term) and the northeast, Midwest, mountain, and west would care less about the biggest games.
In my admittedly biased opinion, college football needs UM, USC and Notre Dame to be good. Those schools attract eyes from other places and they all have national followings when good.
UGA is historically good and exactly 0 people outside of the state of Georgia care.

I know you don’t think the entire staff is bad. In your option, which hires were successes and which were failures?
I ask becuase I am of the opinion that the first staff hired by a new coach is never their best and that it takes a few years to really get the staff to the point that all the pieces are correct.

I know you don’t think the entire staff is bad. In your option, which hires were successes and which were failures?
I ask becuase I am of the opinion that the first staff hired by a new coach is never their best and that it takes a few years to really get the staff to the point that all the pieces are correct.
I'm not crazy about this staff....Addae can kick rocks, Gattis is trash, Steele is the epitome of Mediocrity, I'm okay with Strong, I'm okay with Big Joe, and I'm okay with Kevin Smith.

I'm not crazy about this staff....Addae can kick rocks, Gattis is trash, Steele is the epitome of Mediocrity, I'm okay with Strong, I'm okay with Big Joe, and I'm okay with Kevin Smith.
GATTIS has single handedly taken this program from "up and coming" to dumpster fire as far as on field production.

Advertisement
You are right but it has to start somewhere. This class can be that start. 2023 will be putting a product on the field that displays young talent producing and is inviting to another class in the Top 5. If we do that we can at the very least start finding ourselves in the mix. In my opinion, in 2024 our young guns can start putting us in the conversation. Long road ahead but let’s see what happens.

Kirby Smart won titles his sixth and seventh years at Georgia.

Lost a national title his second season—proof Mark RIcht left the cupboard full in Athens. Still took him four more years to get bask to the big game.

Georgia also topped $200-million into the program over 2018 and 2019 and had the nation's largest recruiting budget, spending over $7-million over a three-year span.

While we all hope Mario can do great things at Miami—and that John Ruiz money is helping—pretty bold to expect to be "in the mix" by 2024 based on the state of the program Cristobal inherited.

I trust the man will get the Canes back to the promised land at some point, but looking at a well-oiled Georgia machine in year seven under Smart and talking about a Miami program that entered the 2022 season with a 118-85 record (since the 2005 Peach Bowl)—an average of 7-5 annually for 16 years—this program is a looooooong way from belonging on the same field as championship-caliber Georgia in an early January winner-takes-all bowl game.

These teams dominating won't be the death of cfb because we still watch it lol. I like to see dominating teams it's what I saw at UM. Either u love them or u hate em

Advertisement
For me it comes down to expectations. Currently if we finish 2023 at 9-10 wins and we parlay that into an another Top 5 recruiting class that’s positive. On to 2024 if we finish with 10-11 wins and another Top 5 class then we can start seeing progression and be in the Top12 playoff. At that point we are in the mix among the top 12 teams. Top teams being 1-12. That would not be flash in the pan or a lucky game or two but talent meeting expectations. That has become a foreign concept but if we perform and recruit Top 5 classes by 2024 end and heading into 2025 we would be considered in the Top8-10 and with a shot. Much better than we have seen over the last 20 years and clearly headed in the direction we can be encouraged by. Just my $00.02.

Advertisement
Back