Perfect example of why CFB Needs Miami

Who's our OC? Anyway, I can't stand UGA or Ohio State, but that was the championship. It's Georgia then Ohio State then Bama, then everyone else. In cycling terms, we're at the back end of the peloton spinning our wheels just to keep up. While Mario has done some good crootin, he's also got a lot of weaknesses to work on. I hope he fixes our **** for sure. Can he? 🤷🏾‍♂️. Will he? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
70% of fan bases best players are getting raided and the same couple teams win every year.

This sport is on the ropes. No ones going to continue to watch anywhere near what they used to if this goes on for much longer.

It needs Miami, it needs USC, Texas, Penn State, Nebraska the list goes on. It needs anything but a couple programs completely dismantling teams that aren't one of a few.

For some reason you mopes desperately needed a meaningless 8-4 season to feel good about yourselves. Fortunately, our coach has more vision than that.
Yea mopes lol. Us fans who pay $ to go support our team. We really want them to lose. We spend thousands on tickets and merchandise and watch every game just to what? No its being a ******* realist. Not being a ***** justifying every single move wario makes because why? He lands a 5 star in recruiting, he deserves the credit he gets. Hes elite at that. Loses to Middle Tennesee State, Duke, blown out by FSU and Pitt at home, not firing Gattis, not having OC and 1st round QB have sit down until week 5, burning timeouts like a numbskull, he deserves to be critiqued. If you believe those are justifiable, I dont know what to tell ya

Yea mopes lol. Us fans who pay $ to go support our team. We really want them to lose. We spend thousands on tickets and merchandise and watch every game just to what? No its being a ******* realist. Not being a ***** justifying every single move wario makes because why? He lands a 5 star in recruiting, he deserves the credit he gets. Hes elite at that. Loses to Middle Tennesee State, Duke, blown out by FSU and Pitt at home, not firing Gattis, not having OC and 1st round QB have sit down until week 5, burning timeouts like a numbskull, he deserves to be critiqued. If you believe those are justifiable, I dont know what to tell ya

Oh, you missed the point.

The 2022 was an 8-4 team at best. One approach was to go all in to win in 2022. That would have resulted in an 8-4 season. The other approach was to start cleaning house. It might have meant a worse season, but the season was going nowhere anyway.

Advertisement

The 2022 was an 8-4 team at best. One approach was to go all in to win in 2022. That would have resulted in an 8-4 season. The other approach was to start cleaning house. It might have meant a worse season, but the season was going nowhere anyway.
And why was the 2022 team 8-4 at best? We supposedly brought in superstar coaching staff (that was supposed to be far superior to Manny) , returned a projected 1st round QB (who looked like our best QB in 20 years before Wario got here), brought is some guys in transfer portal that were supposed to fill some holes, and were coming off a season where albeit we were 7-5, one of those losses was to #1 Bama and 3 games we were within 3 points.

And why was the 2022 team 8-4 at best? We supposedly brought in superstar coaching staff (that was supposed to be far superior to Manny) , returned a projected 1st round QB (who looked like our best QB in 20 years before Wario got here), brought is some guys in transfer portal that were supposed to fill some holes, and were coming off a season where albeit we were 7-5, one of those losses was to #1 Bama and 3 games we were within 3 points.

Because it was a terrible roster. Even a great head coach can't work miracles with every roster.

I see Mario as a Richt clone. He'll get UM a few 10+ win seasons over a 15 year span, and the team will be rock solid for the next guy, who will be a stud coordinator (so a scheme guy like we've wanted) from a championship program, and we'll win multiple titles a few years later. So 2036 ish
I’ll be 40 and surely divorced 2-3 times by then. I can’t wait that long

Advertisement
Yes that was my response and I didn't know that was up for debate.

Where are the transfers going?
Who is in line to be a high draft pick?
The same roster (except with a year younger TVD and without Warios transfers) a year before beat Duke 47-10. Were within 3 points AT FSU. Didnt lose to any teams like Middle Tennesee. Was in every single game until the end (losses by 3 points or less to 3 teams) except against #1 Bama and Michigan State. Why did Duke and Fsu destroy us just 1 year later? How did our roster become so much more terrible one year later?

The same roster (except with a year younger TVD and without Warios transfers) a year before beat Duke 47-10. Were within 3 points AT FSU. Didnt lose to any teams like Middle Tennesee. Was in every single game until the end (losses by 3 points or less to 3 teams) except against #1 Bama and Michigan State. Why did Duke and Fsu destroy us just 1 year later? How did our roster become so much more terrible one year later?

Except it wasn't the same roster. No one has the same roster the next year.

You don’t even make sense. ”cleaning house” happened after the season so why can’t he also go all in to win as many games as possible during the season?

and Why didnt he start cleaning house last off-season if the roster was so bad? I guarantee if we won 8-9 games, there would nOt be the mass exodus/cleaning house that is going on now.

Advertisement
Except it wasn't the same roster. No one has the same roster the next year.
Your right. Our projected 1st round QB was a year older, projected top 2 round CB a year older, and we brought in Marios transfers who have been productive at their former teams. Did we lose a bunch of 1st rounders im forgetting?

Your right. Our projected 1st round QB was a year older, projected top 2 round CB a year older, and we brought in Marios transfers who have been productive at their former teams. Did we lose a bunch of 1st rounders im forgetting?
*you're

The guys who were so good that they went 7-5 weren't interested in Mario's drill sergeant approach. That's why they didn't play hard and that's why they are transferring to G5 programs.

Advertisement
Our incompetent coach managed to take his own recruits into Columbus, Ohio and win. I'll take my chances.
So his best win ever proves his coaching acumen? His 3 bad losses in the same season to less talented teams are meaningless because he beat osu?

Also, manny most likely would have won 10 games in 2020 if we had been able to play all our games. I guess he is an amazing head coach too

Last edited:
Do you often make narratives up in your head?

If it's just a "narrative" and Mario had the players to go 9-3 or 10-2, but was too incompetent to do so, how will you explain it when we have more wins next year and then more wins the year after?

Advertisement
Back