Per this podcast, Blake expected to stay

Advertisement
T Rob wouldn’t accept those circumstances and if he did he wouldn’t be the man for the job knowing very well he will be having to convince changes on the Diaz mob. It’s awkward and not effective.
There is also a possibility he is given say who he brings to coach cbs and/or safeties. Another possibility if Baker stays is that he takes a lesser role.

It's all speculation right now so it's not worth getting worked up about what may or may not happen. Apparently changes will happen just need to wait and see how significant those are.

Comparing him to Donofrio is just excusing his inability to coach at the power 5 level. While i see your point, i don't think comparing him to one of the worst coaches Miami's ever had here isn't really a high bar to set for your program. Comparing to him only makes it look even worse for baker and thats the problem is keeping baker is a mediocrity.
He's an average DC who will bring average results

If this defensive staff is back next year, then it’s over for Manny. Won’t matter if we underwhelm next year and he cans Baker then. At that point it’ll be a year to late. It’s now or never for his coaching career.
& who would be the next HC if this happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who's gonna fire him? Blake James?

I hate to be a mope, but nothing about this program gives me reason to believe that Miami would fire Manny after another season similar to this one. The wheels would have to completely come off, IMO.

Maybe January 2023 we'll have something to talk about there.
The wheels will fall off next season, watch. No king to save his *** and the fvcked up favoritism culture/locker room manure has created will be bringing a 4-8/5-7 type year next year in year 3. No one does that in year three and survives, which will actually be technically year 6 for manure. Bet your bottom dollar if that’s the record next year Manny and James are gone! So that’s the bright spot to the dog**** season coming next year.

Advertisement
The usual suspects on here are gonna be working overtime this offseason to shame anyone who is pessimistic.
Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Advertisement
Sure he will. 7-4 is fine with this admin. 8-3, close bowl loss. They probably had a throwback to the 80’s Coke bash.

every Saturday pull up YouTube and watch old games and I’ll keep looking for the history eraser button that Stimpy stole from me a few years back.
He won’t go 7-4 with no king saving his corching ***. Not to mention the team will quit on him again as he continues to defer to upperclassmen favoritism over more talented players. This is the toxic locker room culture he’s built and it will end next year after 4-8 or 5-7 in year 3 for gods sake. You can bank on that.

Advertisement
Back