Per this podcast, Blake expected to stay

Advertisement
200-2.gif

Advertisement
We’ll see soon. Manny’s making his own bed right now. He won’t last past this season keeping Baker and his scheme.

Who's gonna fire him? Blake James?

I hate to be a mope, but nothing about this program gives me reason to believe that Miami would fire Manny after another season similar to this one. The wheels would have to completely come off, IMO.

Maybe January 2023 we'll have something to talk about there.

Advertisement

I hate to be a mope, but nothing about this program gives me reason to believe that Miami would fire Manny after another season similar to this one. The wheels would have to completely come off, IMO.

If Baker stays with next years schedule and King rehabbing a knee this years 8-3 record is a pipe dream..

I think it’ll be out of his hands. I don’t know that he’ll be safe either. With a fail like this, keeping the DC, there’ll be important people who will step in, IMO.

We’ll see soon. Manny’s making his own bed right now. He won’t last past this season keeping Baker and his scheme.
The problem for him is he's not opening with 2 or 3 beatable teas to create false hope.He's opening with the most talented team and coaching staff in the nation and a head coach who is ruthless and will be looking to make a statement to the south florida recruits.A humiliating loss to start the season will create a toxic environment in the team and in an already ****ed fan base.It will get very post FIU like and it's year 3 and a whole season still to play out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it’ll be out of his hands. I don’t know that he’ll be safe either. With a fail like this, keeping the DC, there’ll be important people who will step in, IMO.

People will step in. The people that actually matter. Manny is on the clock I’m pretty sure. Just because you want Manny to figure it out, doesn’t mean that you don’t make a move if you realize that he hasn’t.

There is already pressure on him to fire the defensive coordinator. Whether that happens or not, I don’t know. But he is putting his future at risk, by keeping Baker.

Advertisement
Back