People seem to forget and need to chill

Sadly, I was over 30 already that night with 4 kids but since I was a rain-soaked kid at the frigging gator flop in the same OB, it was sweet beyond belief. I agree that we just seem to be the slower team these days instead of the fastest in the country. Golden is gone but the improvement has not been that apparent. We need speed on D to play our old style. We need speed on O because we have always had trouble inside the 20 so we need to score on the big plays, not get caught. South Florida is not the place for big huge slow kids to play football. Our big DTs use to have blazing closing speed in the backfield. They were not road blocks in the middle, they were hunter killers. Times have changed.
We are responsible for the wishbone's demise...Our DL would chase down the qb and if it was pitched our LB core was there to feast so I agree with our need for speed.

Good times...I can't wait for us to get there again. Us fans of the U are a different breed...

4 kids? Gatorhater seems like a complete fella!

Advertisement
Remember this game psh. It’s only one loss and the board is flipping out. We can win out. we are talented enough to get a rematch at-least against these guys. And yes our huge weakness is our wr but f sakes have some faith in this team. View attachment 133534
Ask me how many times I've heard "it's no big deal, we can still win out!". Then ask me how many times it's happened.

We are responsible for the wishbone's demise...Our DL would chase down the qb and if it was pitched our LB core was there to feast so I agree with our need for speed.

Good times...I can't wait for us to get there again. Us fans of the U are a different breed...

4 kids? Gatorhater seems like a complete fella!
Canes could play against the option for sure. Heck, remember Ray in the Super Bowl against SF -- shut down that running QB. Key against wishbone was stopping the dive play- first option. Our DTs ate that play for pre-meal snack. Then it was basically tackle everyone with or without the ball. QB would run out of field and options without a yard. We "broke the bone" every tie we play OU and the NE option did not fair any better -- they did have success in the first NC game but nothing like their usual. But that was Howard's old 5-2 OU defense. JJ upgraded and did for the D what Howard had done for the O. But you need speed everywhere to play that D. Speed closes down any mistake with limited damage. Biggest winner of our D was Troy Aikman. We snapped his leg and he transferred to UCLA and then JJ picked him at Dallas. OU had fantastic team those years. Only loss to us. Lord I miss those years.

This season has always been about beating the teams we should and not laying down against teams we are less talented than. As much as it sucked we played hard against Clemson. We beat Pitt we can still achieve what we want to. Clemson is most likely going to be in the playoff and if we take care of business we can have another shot at them.

Remember this game psh. It’s only one loss and the board is flipping out. We can win out. we are talented enough to get a rematch at-least against these guys. And yes our huge weakness is our wr but f sakes have some faith in this team. View attachment 133534
So we get bent over by a team, and you think winning out to get re-bent over is something to look forward too. It’s not like we ‘just had a bad game’.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back