People seem to forget and need to chill

I knew we would lose man didnt want to really get these crazies on here panties in a bunch. Our belief in the score has nothing to do with reality and people get offended like girls here so, if u dont think like them your a hater or some stupid ****. We are not ready for teams like that and next year bama will roll us as well we dont have the roster ready for them unless its an all world roster
All true. If we could but magically have team like those in the 80's that went anywhere, played anyone and then pillaged wherever they wanted. We just are no longer dogs. Funny, I don't think Bama or Clemson are either. They are more like the then "great" teams we destroyed. No teams in my lifetime were like our old Canes. Winning or losing was all about them -- the other team really had nothing to do with it. Canes come in with head on and A game, the other team get *** beat regardless of what they do. You could only beat us if your were great, played your best game and we were reading our news clip in the locker room all week. Stay safe my brother.

Advertisement
All true. If we could but magically have team like those in the 80's that went anywhere, played anyone and then pillaged wherever they wanted. We just are no longer dogs. Funny, I don't think Bama or Clemson are either. They are more like the then "great" teams we destroyed. No teams in my lifetime were like our old Canes. Winning or losing was all about them -- the other team really had nothing to do with it. Canes come in with head on and A game, the other team get *** beat regardless of what they do. You could only beat us if your were great, played your best game and we were reading our news clip in the locker room all week. Stay safe my brother.
I dont know about the 80s i was a child but I know the athletes now are better IMO that is.

if we get a rematch with Clemson it will be the same result bruh so dont get those hopes up cause we possibly will get a rematch. We get blown out again its just facts that roster is stacked now people can see cause some thought we had 1st rounder everywhere.
I disagree totally. In football you improve alot week to week. If this team runs the table it’ll be a much better game in the ACC ship.

The biggest thing holding us back is that we don't have a church thats willing to unlawfully funnel money to our players.

this is what ****es me off more than anything, you talk about an incredibly corrupt situation dabo.

like I can't even... dabo seriously buddy, you just I don't really know what to say without getting a ban.

Advertisement
If I see that means we win out lol I’m fine with losing twice to Clemson & only twice. We cannot play worse. Impossible.
I actually think that's what happens but we may slip up one more but still make the acccg

Assuming we close on the trail I'm good with that....that's a great second season assuming our class is too 5. That's fuqin amazing to me

There was ZERO shown vs Clemson that we are on the right path. Measuring yourself against mediocrity only begets mediocrity. I didn't expect to beat Clemson but I did expect to be competitive instead of being cannon fodder.
Disagree. We have lost to crap. If we beat the crap we are improving. Right now we are middle of the pack. Hopefully this year we become a 2nd tier team. ND level.

Let's move on. Just strap in the phuckin uniform and don't care what color and take care of these morons, clowns come Saturday. Too much THINKING.

Advertisement
Let's move on. Just strap in the phuckin uniform and don't care what color and take care of these morons, clowns come Saturday. Too much THINKING.
Yea we should beat pitt easy by 10-14 plus but our defense will give up chunks

I dont know about the 80s i was a child but I know the athletes now are better IMO that is.
I happy for you because of your youth, but sad that you missed those days. We were clear king of the mountain with fsu, uf, psu, NE, ou and ND all trying to climb up. Once in a while one of the other got lucky and took an NC but that just added to the excitement. Before that dancing band, our players put on shows all game long as free entertainment. If you were #1 when we players you, you got your *** beat, period. It was the safest bet in the world. Sorry you missed that but enjoy you youth -- relative youth,

I happy for you because of your youth, but sad that you missed those days. We were clear king of the mountain with fsu, uf, psu, NE, ou and ND all trying to climb up. Once in a while one of the other got lucky and took an NC but that just added to the excitement. Before that dancing band, our players put on shows all game long as free entertainment. If you were #1 when we players you, you got your *** beat, period. It was the safest bet in the world. Sorry you missed that but enjoy you youth -- relative youth,
Yea man I hear of it and see it here all the time. U guys are lucky u got to witness that greatness. I barely paid attention to cfb until 08 where I dove in completely after the Giants won the super bowl. I got into cfb always had a crush on the U.....never seen anything like them. The history.. the not give a fuq attitude.. the uniform changes the fuq tradition let's do it our way. The kids from the same area.....reminded me of me. Loves Sean Taylor as well was so mad we picked Eli over him...but I was wrong on that one.
I just don't think we will be that level again based on the information era. Money and information gives rivals the advantage.

Yea man I hear of it and see it here all the time. U guys are lucky u got to witness that greatness. I barely paid attention to cfb until 08 where I dove in completely after the Giants won the super bowl. I got into cfb always had a crush on the U.....never seen anything like them. The history.. the not give a fuq attitude.. the uniform changes the fuq tradition let's do it our way. The kids from the same area.....reminded me of me. Loves Sean Taylor as well was so mad we picked Eli over him...but I was wrong on that one.
I just don't think we will be that level again based on the information era. Money and information gives rivals the advantage.
The Canes destroyed the power of the big conferences and there was a unified effort to get it back. We all hate the NCAA but it was its old control of the TV money that helped us a lot. Howard brought NFL Offense to college and JJ brought NFL level D. Together there was nothiing like it on Saturday of even Sunday. NCAA allowed like one National game a week and a few regional ones. We were rating kings and got more National games than anyone - most OU, FSU, UF, PSU and ND games were national and got the biggest money. Since we played the big names AND brought the biggest audience, the Networks favored us. On recruiting side, well I am sure you know that the kids love being on TV and we were the best venue for that. We got most the dogs and the showboats.

The lawsuit that broke the NCAA's hold on the TV contract hurt us bad. Rule changes outlawed our style and I personally believe Donna was sent here to kill the program. See nobody like the fact that a bunch of kids, mostly black from inner city, were able to build such a program vitually on their own without a major state U, or huge fan base, or giant HC, or at least mega donors. Both sides of the political spectrum disliked it. The right dislike the showboating and vulgar body movements on probably racist basis but the left feared it. If those kids could do that almost alone, why would they need government? Hatred of our Canes is a by-partisan activity. Oops, I''ll get bounced for the last couple lines but what the ****. I hope you get a run of some Cane glory so you get to feel the hate live and in color. It is great.

Advertisement
You are one old SOB. I was in the Orange Bowl vs Nebraska for our first and the sense of pride that night was unbelievable. I tell my son about what you mentioned above in terms of if you were ranked higher we would visit you and dance as we were playing our second string in the second half.

Better athletes now? No it is just a different time but it is all relative. We did try to lock down the 305 but in reality we sprinkled in players from all parts of the country. It was easier locking it down back then because there were no cell phones or internet or 100000000 channels on television lol.

In a way though maybe it is why I am a little more patient...I am older no doubt but I was also in the stands in the 70's when we were the rag dolls on a weekly basis for the big boys like ND. I didn't panic after Saturday but was disappointed like everyone else. I thought they played with more heart than they did last year and let's just see what happens this weekend and the balance of the season. IMO should beat Pitt and the game that worries me most including UNC is VT as they are playing everyone rather well and that is with missing players.

My biggest worry is it just seemed like we were slower than the other team at critical positions and for me that is not a normal U trait.

A lot of people on this board seem to forget that we were a 6 win team last year. This year was NEVER about beating Clemson, the #1 team. It was about improving and getting a 10+ win season and solidify recruiting. Sad to say but there are some delusional fans on here. As of now, we are on the right path and improving. It is how we play from here on out that determines our future. Recover from the loss and take care of business.
You're spot on. I was hoping to be a bit more competitive but that was a **** good football team that has been coached really well. My biggest disappointment was the lack of fight from our WR's.

The defense got gashed but kept fighting, and you can tell King was still fighting despite being beat up a little bit. It's clear we are a couple weight classes below them and need to keep building depth and bringing in some difference makers.

Shanny can’t prepare his teams for big games. This has been a recurring problem and is reflective of poor coaching. This won’t get better. We had two weeks to prepare for Clemson and still couldn’t come out amped and ready. UNC has no problems getting up for big games it appears. Would swap coaching staffs with them in a heartbeat

Advertisement
You are one old SOB. I was in the Orange Bowl vs Nebraska for our first and the sense of pride that night was unbelievable. I tell my son about what you mentioned above in terms of if you were ranked higher we would visit you and dance as we were playing our second string in the second half.

Better athletes now? No it is just a different time but it is all relative. We did try to lock down the 305 but in reality we sprinkled in players from all parts of the country. It was easier locking it down back then because there were no cell phones or internet or 100000000 channels on television lol.

In a way though maybe it is why I am a little more patient...I am older no doubt but I was also in the stands in the 70's when we were the rag dolls on a weekly basis for the big boys like ND. I didn't panic after Saturday but was disappointed like everyone else. I thought they played with more heart than they did last year and let's just see what happens this weekend and the balance of the season. IMO should beat Pitt and the game that worries me most including UNC is VT as they are playing everyone rather well and that is with missing players.

My biggest worry is it just seemed like we were slower than the other team at critical positions and for me that is not a normal U trait.
Sadly, I was over 30 already that night with 4 kids but since I was a rain-soaked kid at the frigging gator flop in the same OB, it was sweet beyond belief. I agree that we just seem to be the slower team these days instead of the fastest in the country. Golden is gone but the improvement has not been that apparent. We need speed on D to play our old style. We need speed on O because we have always had trouble inside the 20 so we need to score on the big plays, not get caught. South Florida is not the place for big huge slow kids to play football. Our big DTs use to have blazing closing speed in the backfield. They were not road blocks in the middle, they were hunter killers. Times have changed.

Short crossing patterns right behind their blitzes, screen passes, double TE sets and get Mallory streaking down the middle. Maybe throw jump balls to the TEs who can actually make plays, spread them out wide to so thai if you have to. More than 1 running play, he literally ran the same play over and over into the the inside run blitz. He should have done counters or stretch runs to the outside.

Some of this would have worked, some probably would not have. However, we won't know because Lashlee didn't even try. He either got overwhelmed or just isn't as good as we thought. Neither is particularly good.

I'll feel way better if the coaches make adjustments going forward and actually start playing the better players and not just the older players. If the snap Counts at WR aren't dramatically different against Pitt, that's a huge red flag imo.
Well one positive way to look at this is we may not lose Lashlee in one year to a HC job.

Relax Self Care GIF by Razer
Calm Down Love And Hip Hop GIF by VH1

Advertisement
Back