People seem to forget and need to chill

flyguy

Sophomore
Remember this game psh. It’s only one loss and the board is flipping out. We can win out. we are talented enough to get a rematch at-least against these guys. And yes our huge weakness is our wr but f sakes have some faith in this team.
51571ACA-A27B-4C1F-95D3-085CB2854124.jpeg

Advertisement
A lot of people on this board seem to forget that we were a 6 win team last year. This year was NEVER about beating Clemson, the #1 team. It was about improving and getting a 10+ win season and solidify recruiting. Sad to say but there are some delusional fans on here. As of now, we are on the right path and improving. It is how we play from here on out that determines our future. Recover from the loss and take care of business.

A lot of people on this board seem to forget that we were a 6 win team last year. This year was NEVER about beating Clemson, the #1 team. It was about improving and getting a 10+ win season and solidify recruiting. Sad to say but there are some delusional fans on here. As of now, we are on the right path and improving. It is how we play from here on out that determines our future. Recover from the loss and take care of business.
There was ZERO shown vs Clemson that we are on the right path. Measuring yourself against mediocrity only begets mediocrity. I didn't expect to beat Clemson but I did expect to be competitive instead of being cannon fodder.

Did you guys not watch the game last night? There is absolutely reason for concern. Lashlee got completely abused and looked like Enos in there running the same 3 plays over and over and not even trying crossing patterns, screens, double TE or outside runs which would have worked. The WRs are the worst I've ever seen here, we've been saying that on this board all year but the coaches won't play the freshmen and it's mind boggling. The linebackers are dog**** and the coaches again won't play the kids with the most talent. Amari Carter is a ******* moron who should literally be thrown off the team and they weren't even going to pull him one play if he didn't get thrown out. The cornerbacks are just okay but there's less than zero depth if anyone gets hurt and Rumph won't find replacements obviously. The best players are all transfers and you can tell they're starting to hate their soft *** teammates.

The only good thing I saw besides the transfers was that Manny finally looked ****ed during the game. Hopefully, this game broke his nice streak and he starts holding his dip**** coaches and players accountable for sucking ***.

Advertisement
Did you guys not watch the game last night? There is absolutely reason for concern. Lashlee got completely abused and looked like Enos in there running the same 3 plays over and over and not even trying crossing patterns, screens, double TE or outside runs which would have worked. The WRs are the worst I've ever seen here, we've been saying that on this board all year but the coaches won't play the freshmen and it's mind boggling. The linebackers are dog**** and the coaches again won't play the kids with the most talent. Amari Carter is a ******* moron who should literally be thrown off the team and they weren't even going to pull him one play if he didn't get thrown out. The cornerbacks are just okay but there's less than zero depth if anyone gets hurt and Rumph won't find replacements obviously. The best players are all transfers and you can tell they're starting to hate their soft *** teammates.

The only good thing I saw besides the transfers was that Manny finally looked ****ed during the game. Hopefully, this game broke his nice streak and he starts holding his dip**** coaches and players accountable for sucking ***.

Please tell me what exactly Lashlee should have run? He had an O-line that could barely block, receivers that can't get open, and a QB who was consistently underthrowing every pass over 20 yards. He is still playing with a group of average players. What else could he do?

Remember this game psh. It’s only one loss and the board is flipping out. We can win out. we are talented enough to get a rematch at-least against these guys. And yes our huge weakness is our wr but f sakes have some faith in this team. View attachment 133534
Sure but don’t compare this Clemson team with that Clemson team. That Clemson team would have hung 70 on us.

when I saw carter hit sunshine while sliding I just laughed. I couldn’t believe it but I also wasn’t surprised at the same time. I just had to laugh

Please tell me what exactly Lashlee should have run? He had an O-line that could barely block, receivers that can't get open, and a QB who was consistently underthrowing every pass over 20 yards. He is still playing with a group of average players. What else could he do?
Short crossing patterns right behind their blitzes, screen passes, double TE sets and get Mallory streaking down the middle. Maybe throw jump balls to the TEs who can actually make plays, spread them out wide to so thai if you have to. More than 1 running play, he literally ran the same play over and over into the the inside run blitz. He should have done counters or stretch runs to the outside.

Some of this would have worked, some probably would not have. However, we won't know because Lashlee didn't even try. He either got overwhelmed or just isn't as good as we thought. Neither is particularly good.

I'll feel way better if the coaches make adjustments going forward and actually start playing the better players and not just the older players. If the snap Counts at WR aren't dramatically different against Pitt, that's a huge red flag imo.

Advertisement
Short crossing patterns right behind their blitzes, screen passes, double TE sets and get Mallory streaking down the middle. Maybe throw jump balls to the TEs who can actually make plays, spread them out wide to so thai if you have to. More than 1 running play, he literally ran the same play over and over into the the inside run blitz. He should have done counters or stretch runs to the outside.

Some of this would have worked, some probably would not have. However, we won't know because Lashlee didn't even try. He either got overwhelmed or just isn't as good as we thought. Neither is particularly good.

I'll feel way better if the coaches make adjustments going forward and actually start playing the better players and not just the older players. If the snap Counts at WR aren't dramatically different against Pitt, that's a huge red flag imo.

I tried early this season to give our WR's the benefit of the doubt and not count them out, but facts are facts, our older WR's are sad. No route running abilities, and absolutely zero catching ability. We need to keep beating the teams we should, and keep recruiting strong and fix these types of issues. We cannot expect Lashlee to be able to make Chicken Salad out of Chick Sh*t.

Remember this game psh. It’s only one loss and the board is flipping out. We can win out. we are talented enough to get a rematch at-least against these guys. And yes our huge weakness is our wr but f sakes have some faith in this team. View attachment 133534
we all forgot for about half a quarter ... then we realized/remembered the gap, not only in talent, but in coaching ... especially in recruiting, majority of our difference makers are transfers ... i think we can get there, but we need consistency in our coaching staff for atleast 4-5 years

Advertisement
You can’t fault a guy for playing hard. You just wish he would play smarter
plus a million ... carter may not be as talented as bolden, but he plays hard and most of his mistakes are of aggression ... put it like this, i'm sure we all wished he was attempting to tackle etienne on the sideline instead of ivey ...

We don't have OZ in our playbook. Lashlee isn't quite used to going against the big dogs of the CFB, while also not being one, so it is a little tougher.
I do agree that he overcalled IZ, but he stuck to his roots to what got them there and you can't blame him. The counter, I absolutely agree, he started to late in the game to call them, and QB counters at that.
The pass game was a little unimaginative, and I'm always surprised that Mallory gets underutilized, happened under Enos as well. Am I missing something, maybe he isn't as good as we suspect? Coaches see something? He doesn't really attack the ball like a rebound in bball, but again neither do our WR.

As a fan I was hoping we'd win or do better, but my heart thought, I've been down this road and we're probably gonna get beat pretty soundly. What I really want to see if us pull away from the middle pack ACC, which is every team other then Clemson, that has to be this year goal.
I believe if this were a standard year with Div, we'd be in the ACC ship again, and then potentially a New Years bowel game.

Advertisement
I had no issue losing to Clemson. You’re absolutely right that this year was about beating the teams we should and that is taking the next step. However, part of taking that next step is not being stupid and giving yourself a chance in games like this. Fifteen penalties is not playing smart and directly refutes your point that this program is on the right path. There is and has been a culture problem, and it is not fixed. There is zero accountability from the coaches and it shows most in big moments.

Speaking of coaches, these guys are paid quite well to put the players in a position to succeed. Even if you have less talent, call a smart game. Neither side did that.

I agree that how the team responds will tell us where they are going, but people are absolutely justified in being concerned by what they saw on Saturday.

if we get a rematch with Clemson it will be the same result bruh so dont get those hopes up cause we possibly will get a rematch. We get blown out again its just facts that roster is stacked now people can see cause some thought we had 1st rounder everywhere.
We actaully had a couple chances to make a game of it. That said, I loss lot of money on this game because I figured I would not take a flyer on another Cane game until we get new HC and staff. Sadly I was 5000 dollars correct. Perosnally I ma having a great year so I figured what the **** maybe this can be like 1983. Oops. At least now I can settle into another frigging year with no football joy. Did go out to the range yesterday with the wife to break in a couple new ARs. She hates Clemson like we hate gator(USC fan) so we used orange targets and burnt 500 rounds making sure both worked well, each type of box I have fed well and each type of round did likewise. New optics left a little to be desired but all targets were nicely torn to pieces.

Advertisement
Back