People/Programs That Have Shown What They Are....

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
.... despite earlier (and often idiotic) narratives that tried to say otherwise.

Just a few falsehoods come to my mind immediately. Feel free to add yours.

1. Dan Mullen as an elite coach
2. LSU as a respectable team let alone a good one
3. FSU as an elite team
4. VagTech as ready to play with the big boys
5. USC as an elite team
6. Tennessee was going to be respectable (because SEC!)
7. Tom Herman as Harbaugh Part 2

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait a couple of weeks and you can add Mike Leach and Kirby Smart back onto your list....

I actually think leach and his squad is legit. Brilliant offensive mind with a qb who’ll play on sundays. All they needed was a defense, and now they have one.

Advertisement
I actually think leach and his squad is legit. Brilliant offensive mind with a qb who’ll play on sundays. All they needed was a defense, and now they have one.

Define legit though. Legit in real world terms or legit in the sliding scale we always apply to Leach? I think one involves actually winning a conference and the other involves occasionally flirting with a top 10 or top 15 ranking......before always being exposed.

Advertisement
Leach took T-Tech & Wazzu from absolute doormat seller dwellers to a contender who beat USC. Dude can coach.

Leach took T-Tech & Wazzu from absolute doormat seller dwellers to a contender who beat USC. Dude can coach.

I don't necessarily buy that so fast. Dude has coached 15 seasons. Only 3 have ended with less than 4 losses. Both Texas Tech and Wash State weren't always perennial doormats either. Spike Dykes won more consistently at Texas Tech than Leach and Mike Price certainly accomplished more at Wash St than he has.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back