People are surprised? Really?

McGahee2TheHouse

All-American
Premium
No fanbase should know better than us. We've done this twice.

Hiring a coordinator with no previous experience as a head coach will almost always result in a fantastic failure. These types of hires result in a sloppy team that plays below their level. These types of hires do not surround themselves with good coaches (See Enos and Baker). We saw it with Coker. We saw it with Shannon. And we saw it with Golden, although he had experience, it was not the type of experience that should be sufficient to get a job here. ****, even if you didn't see it with our own team, you see it all of the time in college football. The ones who are successful are the EXCEPTIONS and not the rules. I know that is a really tough concept for many to grasp around here, and it has been for some time now.

The only possible fix to this program is to hire a coach on the level of an Urban Meyer. This program needs some real football knowledge, backed by real experience. We had a really good chance when Rick voluntarily stepped down and gave us a huge gift. But our administration conducted a 2 minute coaching search and hired the complete opposite type of coach.

I am afraid that Miami truly is dead. Save the **** about us sitting on the "hotbed" of talent that ensures we will never be dead because we have sucked for over 15 years, and when you look at Miami at this point, our success is starting to become a "blip" on the radar of college football, rather than something that should be viewed as the norm. Miami has always tried to win by being the "exception" to the rule.

Our attitude has always been "we can win by not putting **** into the program." That used to be okay because we at least used innovative concepts (for back then) to make up for our other deficiencies. But we don't put **** into the program on top of trotting out coaches who are running offenses featuring slow PA plays, 7 step drops from under center, etc., when most modern programs (including the ones on top) are running wide open offenses that put less of a premium on your entire offense consisting of elite players.

None of this is fixed unless you have people at the top who truly understand football and care to fix it. We have neither. I fully expect the admin to retain Manny for at least 2 more years, which exponentially damages the program further.

Advertisement
Dude, fix your F***** avatar, bro! Don’t come at us with that UNC disrespect of the U upside down.

You can be upset all you want like all of us here about the loss but don’t **** on this U!

Lol I will post exactly what I want to post, when I want to post it, with whatever avatar I want.

You clearly are new here.

Lol I will post exactly what I want to post, when I want to post it, with whatever avatar I want.

AEB43040-AED5-4FC3-B242-44E5272A5B1E.gif

Advertisement

Hahaha..you ain't disrespecting no more than the coaches who work for and receive a check from or the players who get noticed by NFL execs and get a wonderful education from the U. They are the ones that are putting the U upside down for public display.

Advertisement
Dabo was a WR coach before he got the head gig...
Read the post again, and maybe you will grasp the point about "exceptions" not being the rule. Surely you don't think it is the norm for a WR coach to turn a program into a juggernaut? (and lets not ignore everything else Clemson has done to ensure Dabo was in the position to succeed)

Dude - post anything you want - change the avatar --- in our darkest days no real miami fan would do that

If you dont --- Mods ban him

Advertisement
No fanbase should know better than us. We've done this twice.

Hiring a coordinator with no previous experience as a head coach will almost always result in a fantastic failure. These types of hires result in a sloppy team that plays below their level. These types of hires do not surround themselves with good coaches (See Enos and Baker). We saw it with Coker. We saw it with Shannon. And we saw it with Golden, although he had experience, it was not the type of experience that should be sufficient to get a job here. ****, even if you didn't see it with our own team, you see it all of the time in college football. The ones who are successful are the EXCEPTIONS and not the rules. I know that is a really tough concept for many to grasp around here, and it has been for some time now.

The only possible fix to this program is to hire a coach on the level of an Urban Meyer. This program needs some real football knowledge, backed by real experience. We had a really good chance when Rick voluntarily stepped down and gave us a huge gift. But our administration conducted a 2 minute coaching search and hired the complete opposite type of coach.

I am afraid that Miami truly is dead. Save the **** about us sitting on the "hotbed" of talent that ensures we will never be dead because we have sucked for over 15 years, and when you look at Miami at this point, our success is starting to become a "blip" on the radar of college football, rather than something that should be viewed as the norm. Miami has always tried to win by being the "exception" to the rule.

Our attitude has always been "we can win by not putting **** into the program." That used to be okay because we at least used innovative concepts (for back then) to make up for our other deficiencies. But we don't put **** into the program on top of trotting out coaches who are running offenses featuring slow PA plays, 7 step drops from under center, etc., when most modern programs (including the ones on top) are running wide open offenses that put less of a premium on your entire offense consisting of elite players.

None of this is fixed unless you have people at the top who truly understand football and care to fix it. We have neither. I fully expect the admin to retain Manny for at least 2 more years, which exponentially damages the program further.
Bailed on the new HC after two games? Awesome.

There's been enough positives for me to not slit my wrists - obviously most of our fanbase expected us to go undefeated until Clemson, judging by the reaction to the start of our season.

We aren't the Miami of old - and we won't be if we don't give coaches time. Urban Meyer isn't walking through that door.

Advertisement
Back