Pentagon or D$

kperez4446

Sophomore
Overall assessment of the team from game 1 to now and what are your expectations for the 2015 team?

I think we can win 10 games next year with or without Golden and with or without Duke Johnson

Advertisement
Only way our special teams gets better is if we have a LB as a kicker because with Folden's coverage schemes our kicker makes a ton of tackles.

Advertisement
our DT play\recruiting has to get better. I agree with those that say the talent doesn't want to play a 2 gap DT system, but it just is an Achilles heal.

What are all of you doing? OP clearly was only asking for Pentagon and D$'s opinions.

Overall assessment of the team from game 1 to now and what are your expectations for the 2015 team?

I think we can win 10 games next year with or without Golden and with or without Duke Johnson

Yes, I think we can win 10 games without Golden too.

The team coaching itself will do much, much better than this ******.

Advertisement
Ive said in a number of posts and will keep saying it. This team can win the ACC next year, with or without Golden. If they keep playing like they have the last few weeks, can finally clean up the kicking game, and can keep the RB recruits we have so that there is Yearby, Gus, and hopefully a speedy Scarlett to have a solid running game, this team should beat FSU and win the Coastal, and can certainly win the ACC. The horses are there. And guys are finally starting to play up to their potential.

How is oline not a problem next yr? 3 starters gone.

Because KC was playing pretty well as a true Frosh til he went down. We get him back. Darling has been playing solid, and he's a true Frosh. Linder has been a HUGE surprise and playing very well, HE's a true Frosh. Gadbois will hopefully be back, and he's got experience. Yes, we will lose some guys, but other than Flowers, the drop off wont be that major. We have a LOT of young guys that have gotten some major experience this season, and are playing very well.

Advertisement
My Xmas gift to C4L:

pom_pom_plastic_98_orange_green_s_85000147.jpg

My Xmas gift to C4L:

How original.

But again, Ive not been in here defending Golden. I remain skeptical and highly concerned, but I also don't think he's going anywhere after this season, and I was fairly certain of that once Shalala announced she was retiring. Barring a total disaster the next few games, I think its almost certain he will be here next year.

And regardless of his shortcomings, this team has the talent and is playing at a level, that I think can win the ACC next year. Kaaya, unless he has a major regression or set back, should be a monster next year. I mean Heisman talk type season is what Im expecting from him. A QB like that can change the fortunes of a team BIG TIME, and can even mask a deficient coaching staff. This team has talent, and if Kaaya keeps progressing the way he is, he's going to win a lot of ball games at UM, regardless of our HC.

I gave you orange and green glasses last year, a year supply of kool-aid the year before that.

What the **** did you expect this year?

Advertisement
I gave you orange and green glasses last year, a year supply of kool-aid the year before that.

A new keyboard, his caps lock key appears to be broken as there are only 2 fully cap words in three posts for emphasis in this here threard.

A new keyboard, his caps lock key appears to be broken as there are only 2 fully cap words in three posts for emphasis in this here threard.

Well, that's easy enough. I tried googling for Art Kehoe blow up dolls and there were no results.

I didn't expect a lot this year quite honestly. Too many upperclassmen getting kicked out or transferring to say this was going to be the year we truly turn the corner. I'm looking for end of year improvement which we haven't seen with this coaching staff. For me, the UVa game is huge and probably the most important game for this staff at this point for momentum. I think if we beat Virginia then we handle Pitt without problem. Now we're heading into bowl season winning 5 of our last 6 games. Win the bowl game and we're on the right trajectory for 2015.

The 2015 schedule is favorable. Clemson, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech at home. We get Nebraska at home. We go to Cincinnati, Duke and Florida State. On offense we lose Duke which is huge. Everybody returns at wide out except Dorsett. Yes, we lose Clive but Dobard has the goods despite his ball security concerns. He's still at pup. If Flowers returns then we have the makings of a really nice and athlete offensive line. Isidora has been coming on and Darling and Linder are further along than we anticipated. I liked Gadbois prior to his injury. He was starting to come on. Figs is a loss. Love his attitude. Can Yearby be the guy? We'll see but I think Scarlett or Williams should help a lot. Edwards game has improved. We're running more by committee next year, which may not be too bad. Go with the hot guy. And then you've got an experienced Kaaya. I think as good as he's been this year as a true freshman he's really going to take off next year, especially his reads and ability to change plays at the line of scrimmage. Offense should be very, very good.

On defense, the only guy we'll miss is Denzel on defense. Love Chick and what he's done here but he's replaceable. Pierre has been good, but I really like Kamalu and Hertelou. We've got to get something out of Wyche next year. I expect a big year out of McCord. We need Muhammad back and Chad will be a very important guy next year. He should be what we've lacked at end since Campbell. Grace is going to be a monster next year. I really, really like Owens and Young. Kirby is serviceable. Our back four will be terrific next year. Burns is really improving. Howard, Crawford and Elder are all very good. Bush is playing like an all-conference first teamer the last 4 to 5 games. We need Carter to make the leap. We get Jenkins back.

We have a terrific punter. I have some concerns with placekicking, but special teams will be solid.

We will be a very good team next. I love our chances at Doak if we walk in healthy. We historically play well there and I think we beat them. They truly are losing a lot and they've got guys on defense that are going to declare early.

Advertisement
Back