Penn State is the most overrated team in the country

Unless they make the playoff, Penn State will actually be underrated.

i think Penn State would beat Michigan and Ohio State right now. They are a completely different team than the one that lost to Pitt and Michigan to begin the season.

And I don't understand the "Penn State should have lost to Ohio State argument". Had the Colorado QB played the entire game, Colorado "should" have won that game. If Michigan State converts their 2-point conversion, or goes to OT with Ohio State, they "should" have won that game. If Michigan makes a tackle on 3rd down, or gets a different spot on 4th down, they "should" have beaten Ohio State.

You could play the "what if" or "should" game all day. Facts are, Penn State won the conference and beat Ohio State head to head, when both teams were at their best. Excluding Penn State would be shameful, IMO.

Advertisement

i think Penn State would beat Michigan and Ohio State right now. They are a completely different team than the one that lost to Pitt and Michigan to begin the season.

And I don't understand the "Penn State should have lost to Ohio State argument". Had the Colorado QB played the entire game, Colorado "should" have won that game. If Michigan State converts their 2-point conversion, or goes to OT with Ohio State, they "should" have won that game. If Michigan makes a tackle on 3rd down, or gets a different spot on 4th down, they "should" have beaten Ohio State.

You could play the "what if" or "should" game all day. Facts are, Penn State won the conference and beat Ohio State head to head, when both teams were at their best. Excluding Penn State would be shameful, IMO.

karmas a .

Advertisement
Great to see them getting Sanduskied by Wisconsin. We'd be beating them right now, too.

You spoke a little too got **** soon. I'm more concerned with how two teams who've recently been on the **** end of scandals like Miami is so quickly risen back to competitiveness. OH YEAH we got ****ted on by Al Golden for 4+ seasons.

Advertisement
Well the lesson I have taken from PSU is what confidence can do for a team.

And an elite RB, and a good OL, and WRs that go out there and make grabs, and a QB who makes plays, and a Defense that is pretty darn stout in crunch time...

And an elite RB, and a good OL, and WRs that go out there and make grabs, and a QB who makes plays, and a Defense that is pretty darn stout in crunch time...

Their OL is not good though. It was putrid last year and they are shuffling a lot of young guys (1 True Frosh, 2 RFrosh, 1 True Soph) while also losing their LT for the season. Their OC is just good at getting their playmakers in space and isn't afraid to take shots with Godwin, Blacknall and Gesicky. Barkley behind a good OL would be unstoppable. He's ridiculously talented.

I generally abstain from the Kaaya bashing but McSorley is kind of like the anti-Kaaya. He doesn't put up huge stats but he's mobile and has a knack for leading his team to come from behind wins.

Advertisement
Right. But confidence doesn't imply the negation of all else necessary to make a team good. What does an elite QB or RB who lacks confidence look like against good teams?

Fair point.

Full disclosure: I dislike Ohio State more than any other program. Not sure I can really be objective about this topic. Lol

karmas a .

Advertisement
Back