Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Advertisement
How was lsu talent at reciever last year while their entire fanbase was crying about them they qb and everyone else? Open ur ears.
Huh? I assume what you meant to write was the LSU WR weren’t that highly thought of prior to this year..which in part is true..the emergence of Joe helped a lot...that said no our WRs core is not on par talent wise to LSU..those kids are ballers. And I’m not saying ours included your nephew or whatever are scrubs either..but we need the oline and the QB situation squared away before anything else. That gets done and our WRs will be fine

Advertisement
1. How can you judge a WR or a WR coach when you don't have a QB? These threads about WRs all the time SHOULD be about QBs
2. If you could have Manny as your coach or Franklin who would you pick? If you say Manny you're a dang lie. The fact that Franklin wants Stubblefield should cause more hesitation on this board than it does.
3. Manny AND the new OC decided to keep Stubblefield even though Stubblefield was Enos guy. That doesn't happen often.
4. People on this board throw out names of potential coaches in a reckless manner. You understand the Miami Assistant coaching pool of money is a fraction of that of other top 15 programs right? You think Tee Martin or Seider or any other recognizable name is coming to the U for a lateral move and 250K or whatever a WR coach makes here when they are making double that elsewhere? Not to mention the fact that if things don't get better this year Manny might be out.
5. This was probably too rationale for 3/4 the people on this board.

1. How can you judge a WR or a WR coach when you don't have a QB? These threads about WRs all the time SHOULD be about QBs
2. If you could have Manny as your coach or Franklin who would you pick? If you say Manny you're a dang lie. The fact that Franklin wants Stubblefield should cause more hesitation on this board than it does.
3. Manny AND the new OC decided to keep Stubblefield even though Stubblefield was Enos guy. That doesn't happen often.
4. People on this board throw out names of potential coaches in a reckless manner. You understand the Miami Assistant coaching pool of money is a fraction of that of other top 15 programs right? You think Tee Martin or Seider or any other recognizable name is coming to the U for a lateral move and 250K or whatever a WR coach makes here when they are making double that elsewhere.
5. Be careful what you wish for.

shut up

Advertisement
I don’t think Dugans landed one WR who had over 600 yards in one season for us in their time here.

He had a lot of highly ranked guys who flamed out or transfered.
Ahmmon had over 900 his freshman year, but to be fair I don’t know how heavily Dugans recruited him, although his first year being Ahmmon’s frosh year I’d assume he was involved.

4. People on this board throw out names of potential coaches in a reckless manner. You understand the Miami Assistant coaching pool of money is a fraction of that of other top 15 programs right? You think Tee Martin or Seider or any other recognizable name is coming to the U for a lateral move and 250K or whatever a WR coach makes here when they are making double that elsewhere? Not to mention the fact that if things don't get better this year Manny might be out.
5. This was probably too rationale for 3/4 the people on this board.

1. True.
2. Franklin
3. True.
4. True.
5. True.

This is a chance to really upgrade the staff recruiting. South Florida is loaded at WR for 2021 and we need 3-4 of them. Who is the best guy to make that happen? That should be criteria #1 on the hire. Personally, Telly Lockette seems to fit that description best, but I’m sure there are some other names to consider. Sure we will know soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In what world is Stubbs a bonafide "great developer"?

Forgive my ignorance, what are the Hickson rumors?
In CIS land, any coach with the personality of a lizard who can’t recruit is automatically an incredible technician and developer of talent. LOL at that dumb **** anyway at skill spots. Recruit better, put the players in a better system, and you’ll see better results.

Your coordinators need to be masterful technicians and strategists. Your position coaches need to be able to implement the coordinators system, teach some techniques that every position coach at this level of football should know by the time they’re P5 position coaches, and, most importantly, recruit like raving banshees.

Advertisement
Back