Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Advertisement
He's a really great coach. They'd be lucky to have him and we'd really really really struggle to replace such a great coach that gave us so so much.

tenor.gif

Wasnt a good fit, time to move on. Not sure why everyone is arguing about we need a great developer (ex Stubbs who everyone hated) no we need a great crooter (ex. Dugan who sucked as well). Ummm we need both, is it that hard to find someone who can do both parts of their job and not just one?

Also if Hickson rumors are true, he should GTFO. But i find this a lil bit far fetched (not saying anyone is wrong, just there's always multiple sides to a story). If he put his hands on a player, that's a lawsuit and scandal waiting to happen, hard to believe Blake and UM admin would allow that...

Wasnt a good fit, time to move on. Not sure why everyone is arguing about we need a great developer (ex Stubbs who everyone hated) no we need a great crooter (ex. Dugan who sucked as well). Ummm we need both, is it that hard to find someone who can do both parts of their job and not just one?

Also if Hickson rumors are true, he should GTFO. But i find this a lil bit far fetched (not saying anyone is wrong, just there's always multiple sides to a story). If he put his hands on a player, that's a lawsuit and scandal waiting to happen, hard to believe Blake and UM admin would allow that...
Dugans wasn’t a great recruiter.

He was above average.

Advertisement

In what world is Stubbs a bonafide "great developer"?

Forgive my ignorance, what are the Hickson rumors?

I don’t think Dugans landed one WR who had over 500 yards in one season for us in their time here.

He had a lot of highly ranked guys who flamed out or transfered.

That's precisely my pt. You can't judge a WR coach's recruiting abilities off of hoe *** recruiting rankings. He was a poor evaluator & developer of talent. Conversely Stubbs is a lot better than people on this board give him credit for. Yes, ideally you would want your WR coach to possess both qualities but often times that's unrealistic. If you have to choose between the two, Stubbs is a much better fit @ MIA because as I already alluded to in this thread So.Fla as a recruiting base is filled with players/athletes that are raw. They need a lot of work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why do people want Lamar Thomas? He sucks as a coach and is an idiot who got fired from Kentucky of all places.. Imagine being the worst member on a terrible offensive staff. Stop with the terrible retreads (former bad coaches or players or guys who suck without bags).

No to Lamar Thomas
No to washed up Trooper Taylor
No to George McDonald
No to Aubrey Hill
No to Kevin Beard

Enough.

That's precisely my pt. You can't judge a WR coach's recruiting abilities off of hoe *** recruiting rankings. He was a poor evaluator & developer of talent. Conversely Stubbs is a lot better than people on this board give him credit for. Yes, ideally you would want your WR coach to possess both qualities but often times that's unrealistic. If you have to choose between the two, Stubbs is a much better fit @ MIA because as I already alluded to in this thread So.Fla as a recruiting base is filled with players/athletes that are raw.
What I recall about Dugans is that he was good at teaching the WR’s to block. I don’t remember anything else standing out.

Why do people want Lamar Thomas? He sucks as a coach and is an idiot who got fired from Kentucky of all places.. Imagine being the worst member on a terrible offensive staff. Stop with the terrible retreads (former bad coaches or players or guys who suck without bags).

No to Lamar Thomas
No to washed up Trooper Taylor
No to George McDonald
No to Aubrey Hill
No to Kevin Beard

Enough.

Honestly, I think people mostly want Thomas because of his infamous commentary in the FIU brawl.

I think that’s the main reason people even know who Lamar Thomas is. Does anybody really remember that much about his playing days?

Advertisement
Honestly, I think people mostly want Thomas because of his infamous commentary in the FIU brawl.

I think that’s the main reason people even know who Lamar Thomas is. Does anybody really remember that much about his playing days?

I remember a lot from his playing days. He was an elastic, athletic as **** guy who was amazing going up to get throws out of the air. When Teague caught him and stripped the ball in the Sugar Bowl, and I was a kid, I was devastated. He talked tons of trash, and the Teague thing felt like karma.

I agree with you on the FIU debacle exaggerating the myth of Lamar Thomas. He was a bad wr coach.

I remember a lot from his playing days. He was an elastic, athletic as **** guy who was amazing going up to get throws out of the air. When Teague caught him and stripped the ball in the Sugar Bowl, and I was a kid, I was devastated. He talked tons of trash, and the Teague thing felt like karma.

I agree with you on the FIU debacle exaggerating the myth of Lamar Thomas. He was a bad wr coach.

I’m too young to remember his playing days. I didn’t really know if the older posters could.

Anyway, I think most people want him because of his FIU brawl comments.

Advertisement
People will realize how good Stubbs was when his replacement gets hired and completes his 1st full season.
You likely know more than me about football but so do others who think Stubbs is no bueno. Given some of the guys on here that want him replaced, I’m going with that but we’ll see. I mean he came from Air Force and wasn’t anywhere for long so there’s that too.

In what world is Stubbs a bonafide "great developer"?

Forgive my ignorance, what are the Hickson rumors?

I worded my statement wrong. He wasnt but that was his MO.

Fact is we need someone who can BOTH recruit and develop. Baffles me its so hard to find someone who can do both at a high level?

I’m too young to remember his playing days. I didn’t really know if the older posters could.

Anyway, I think most people want him because of his FIU brawl comments.
Yeah, I remember him well. He was a good player but l guess not so much on the coaching side. Didn’t he negative recruit us when he was at Louisville? Either way, I hope Lashlee puts who he thinks will best help in that spot.

You likely know more than me about football but so do others who think Stubbs is no bueno. Given some of the guys on here that want him replaced, I’m going with that but we’ll see. I mean he came from Air Force and wasn’t anywhere for long so there’s that too.

I never claimed to be a football savant or to know more than you or anyone else on this forum. But the pt that I'm trying to make is that people's reasons for wanting him gone are misguided/irrational. They are delusional if they think getting a better recruiter at WR coach would mean that MIA can sign players like Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, or Jones-Bell. No WR coach in the world would be able to recruit those players to MIA. Their 2nd reason for wanting him gone has to do with the fact that he's a journeyman. Being a journeyman in of itself does not mean that he's a bad WR coach. There were many instances throughout his career where he left a place out of his own volition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back