Penalties or lackthereof

So I am really trying to post a thread that you longtimers will approve of I think this subject is worthy of special recognition. Also while penalties are way down from the past. So are mistakes I.E. fumbles etc. Knock on wood keep it going guys.

Advertisement
Lack of turnovers and OL discipline may be the biggest reason we are here this season ... but the refs still raping us bigtime wherever they can..

So I am really trying to post a thread that you longtimers will approve of I think this subject is worthy of special recognition. Also while penalties are way down from the past. So are mistakes I.E. fumbles etc. Knock on wood keep it going guys.

If you really have to work that hard at it, perhaps you shouldn't be starting threads. Just post in the threads that others start. That will take all the pressure off of you, and then you can just share your great insights with us, even though it puts you in that straitjacket of not being able to start conversation topics of your own. This advice will probably help you in social situations too.

If you really have to work that hard at it, perhaps you shouldn't be starting threads. Just post in the threads that others start. That will take all the pressure off of you, and then you can just share your great insights with us, even though it puts you in that straitjacket of not being able to start conversation topics of your own. This advice will probably help you in social situations too.

I actually have been doing that lately. I am getting a better handle on the site. But what constitutes a thread or not is a bit nebulous at that. Penalties have been a problem in the past. We are still calling timeouts where we ought not that seems to be ongoing. Maybe it's something in the air.....

Definitely a good idea for a thread! When you start that thread, it'd be a good idea to show the actual differences over the years in penalties and penalty yards per game, otherwise no one will have anything to say other than "I agree!" And you'll likely be negged into oblivion for little effort.

Advertisement

Definitely a good idea for a thread! When you start that thread, it'd be a good idea to show the actual differences over the years in penalties and penalty yards per game, otherwise no one will have anything to say other than "I agree!" And you'll likely be negged into oblivion for little effort.

Thanks good idea.

Miami is currently ranked 103rd in the country in fewest penalty yards per game. Is that really "way down" from the past? There's only 26 teams that are worse.

Advertisement
Thanks OP.

Now we're going to have 10+ penalties and at least 3 turnovers on Saturday.

This is like the a$$holes who kept rambling on last week about how fumble prone GT was...

Miami averaged 9 penalties a game in Golden last year holy ******* ****

Miami is currently ranked 103rd in the country in fewest penalty yards per game. Is that really "way down" from the past? There's only 26 teams that are worse.

2016...............127/127
2015...............128/128

Not sure if it's "way down", but most definitely down.

Advertisement

We still get a lot penalties based on those rankings but from the eye test our false starts and holding calls are way down from last year.

We still get a lot penalties based on those rankings but from the eye test our false starts and holding calls are way down from last year.

Or that **** delay of game after a time out. ******* Al Golden

Cane since 1960's my guy. He's putting in work to become a better poster and we can all appreciate that.

He brings up a great point, we're averaging nearly 1.2 less penalties/game since 2016. That's all on good coaching.

Advertisement
Just my eye test but seems like most of our penalties this year seen to be come from.being more aggressive. Take that any day over motion, delay of game and offensive holding calls

Just my eye test but seems like most of our penalties this year seen to be come from.being more aggressive. Take that any day over motion, delay of game and offensive holding calls

A couple ill timed pass interference calls haven't helped us...but I'm gonna hope that eventually gets cleaned up a bit too.

Advertisement
Back