Penalties- 17/159

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly I don't care. Too many for sure and not cleaning that up will hurt us. But I didn't feel the penalities we're preventing us from doing too much.

However the false starts and holding are the ones I'm particularly annoyed at.

Penalties happen, it doesn't mean they're acceptable. 3 false starts by one guy is unacceptable. Couch with the pointless QB shove, that's unacceptable.

Meanwhile in the UT vs Bama game, Bama set a record for penalties in a game. I believe it was the same inauspicious number 17.

I didn't read this thread, but I'm sure part of it blames the coaches and talks about how the players are undisciplined. Would anyone suggest Bama is undisciplined? Nah, it's unacceptable by both teams, but sometimes things happen and yes, you've gotta work on it.

Advertisement
The last 3 years Oregon was ranked 111, 61, and 79 in penalties per game. Mario’s teams are not super disciplined historically. But certainly better than what we’ve been

For comparison’s sake, Miami’s rank the past 3 years were 114, 111, and 113

I was traveling yesterday and didn’t get to watch about half the game but it looked like majority of the flags were justified. We were just sloppy, careless, and in some cases flat out dumb. All in all, an outlier though it seems.

When it's called that one sided there is some intention behind it .
Look the old adage is you can call a penalty on just about every play.
P
Did we
Have false starts, late hit out of bounds, etc..Yea.

A holding on a WR screen they called us for was ticky tack, Ivey PI call was awful, another hold they called us for was 50-50.

But yet VT grabbed Wesley on a QB run and was blatant holding that allowed the QB to get yardage no call. Their CB grabbed and pushed our WR out of bounds, no PI call.

They weren't calling it both ways.

There were a couple of holding calls on the outside that were really questionable. Like the referees decided “we’re going to throw flags for WR holding that NEVER get thrown”. There were flags for what would normally have been considered textbook blocking on WR screens.

Advertisement
May get beat up for this one, but what the ****.

There is an article out there that calls out ACC for having the worst and most biased refs of any conference. The article goes on to accuse them of favoring the old Tobacco road teams over the newer flashier teams in the ACC. So while we may be low this year in penalties, they have stuck it up our *** plenty of times before.

The Carolina teams (Tobacco Road) control the ACC. Virginia is the third most powerful school in the ACC. This is a known issue. Calls will always go in favor Duke, UNC and UVA over later entrants to the ACC like Miami. It stinks. We simply have to be much better than those schools to overcome that. This is 100% a thing.

The game against Va Tech was totally unacceptable on the penalty front. Hoping very much Mario can get this under control. If he does, we could potentially win all of our ACC games other than the Clemson game (DJ U has improved dramatically as a passer; he was turrible when he first took over). If Mario doesn't get this under control, we could have a rocky ending to this season. Giving away 1.5 football fields of drive-extending freebies and/or making that many drive-killing errors is insanely bad. Gotta play smart ball & not shoot yourself in the foot.

This is unreal
Something is really wrong

There's always a Russian judge.

Over 12 games, one game will be your "most penalized" game and one will be your "least penalized" game. I feel moderately confident that our next six games will more closely resemble our first five, when it comes to penalties.

We have a lot of young kids out there playing ball. Mistakes will be made.

We always find a way to make terrible teams look good. That has been consistent no matter the corch.

Advertisement
This is unreal
Something is really wrong
It’s called the refs. Been this way for years.

When was the last time one of our opponents got penalized like this? The answer is never.

We’ve had games with 22 and 23 penalties called against Duke and Nebraska. In both of those games our DL was blatantly being held and tackled, and those same refs refused to call a single penalty.

They’re corrupt as ****.

It’s called the refs. Been this way for years.

When was the last time one of our opponents got penalized like this? The answer is never.

We’ve had games with 22 and 23 penalties called against Duke and Nebraska. In both of those games our DL was blatantly being held and tackled, and those same refs refused to call a single penalty.

They’re corrupt as ****.
It got so bad one time, that Pastor Ricth was wanting to kick one of their asses

Advertisement
Back