Ped STate vs Purdue

1662081110961.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't think of another rule in any sport I've watched that is more antithetical to its own game than targeting is to football. That was a textbook call and still completely absurd.
For sure

I understand the concept. But of all the targeting penalties we’ve seen when has a kid really been trying to injure someone? Ever?

It’s not even about shaking my fist at the ocean and talking about how this generation is soft and blah blah blah

It’s just a dumb ******* rule that is even worse in application

For sure

I understand the concept. But of all the targeting penalties we’ve seen when has a kid really been trying to injure someone? Ever?

It’s not even about shaking my fist at the ocean and talking about how this generation is soft and blah blah blah

The thing is, we’ve seen the effect the rule has made. Players make concerned efforts not to lead with helmets or hit opponents above the shoulders. That’s good. Yet referees still seem unable to make common sense judgment calls and err on the side of caution too often.

Advertisement
For sure

Big Bang Clock Brandon Merriweather would like a word…

His radio spots up here are just tremendous.

Advertisement
The thing is, we’ve seen the effect the rule has made. Players make concerned efforts not to lead with helmets or hit opponents above the shoulders. That’s good. Yet referees still seem unable to make common sense judgment calls and err on the side of caution too often.
Yeah I’m taking a huge discussion and boiling it down to one tiny point

Never a good thing. It’s got nuance. It’s obviously gotten people to do better, which is part of why it’s so frustrating

It’s worked. But now you’re just punishing kids for football plays constantly

I guess that’s more my point. Totally on board with what you’re saying I think

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back