2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Advertisement
He’s an Orlando area stud who I’m sure has a good connection with walker baxter and Bryant who we could definitely use all 3
If you’re looking at it from a “moldable piece of clay” perspective then he checks the boxes. And he’s pretty athletic for his size. I don’t think there’s an in between with him though. He’s going to be boom or bust…I get the vibe his success will be between his ears.

The tools are there to be pretty **** good.

Advertisement
He’d be a good OT but I think he could be a great Guard. Could be my Orlando bias but the kid is good and has played good against tough competition.

Advertisement
DA0CB8EC-8493-4743-809B-70C4E2186808.jpeg

Kid is not saying who his other one is🙄

Advertisement
I spoke to a relative in June who told me she thought it was between Bama and us. She said most people were thinking Bama but she said she thinks he will pick the U. We will see.

He is a take at Bama or he is a take at Bama if it’s a package deal with Bryant?

I don’t see him being a take at Bama by himself

Advertisement
I’d rather have Kinsler than Kirkland, but that’s just me.

Mirabal and Cristobal have been hard after this kid since they got here. Their track record says they may see something there for development.
Take both and let them be developed by the best online coaches in the country. Both should play on the inside and would be an upgrade over who we be trotting out there playing guard and center in recent years.

Gaby just posted an update.

Seems Kirkland wants in now that Mauigoa is in and he knows other OL targets are also pressing. Staff feels good about a few of their other targets- seems like they may be holding him off right now. The expectation is Kinsler will announce by end of weekend. Kirkland has been pushing with all his social media posts. Gaby also mentioned Okunlola may make a decision sooner than expected too. And Freeling already moved up his plan to beginning of September.

The staff also feels they have traction right now with Alinen.

Sounds like Mario and Mirabol have a good problem of juggling a lot of balls

Advertisement
Back