2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Advertisement
With the lack of an IC limit, I don't see why we wouldn't take him.
Theres still a 85 limit to stay at. It’s easy to say “ heck, just take him” without knowing how many quality guys that want in. Some of you are looking at this like it’s the previous staff. There’s a lot of guys who are good enough to say “ heck , just take him” but you’ll be at 35-40 kids fast. There’s other positions that need talent just as bad or more.

Theres still a 85 limit to stay at. It’s easy to say “ heck, just take him” without knowing how many quality guys that want in. Some of you are looking at this like it’s the previous staff. There’s a lot of guys who are good enough to say “ heck , just take him” but you’ll be at 35-40 kids fast. There’s other positions that need talent just as bad or more.
Is there a chance staff likes Frankie better than Freeling?

I agree.. I was just assuming there was enough "dead weight" on the roster that could make up for getting a kid like Kirkland.. I'm not talking about some 3* kid or something. This is a high 4* kid from Orlando..plus it keeps him from Florida.

Advertisement
Frankie has some school stuff he needs to get straight or that might keep him out. That’s why I said it’s 50-50 with him.

If you want to respond in a DM, that's fine, but would the kid possibly benefit from a prep school year? The landscape on prep schools vs. JuCos is changing so much these days, but I do know that Academic Progress Ranking is still an important consideration for UM.

Advertisement
If you want to respond in a DM, that's fine, but would the kid possibly benefit from a prep school year? The landscape on prep schools vs. JuCos is changing so much these days, but I do know that Academic Progress Ranking is still an important consideration for UM.
It wouldn’t be a bad idea if it comes to that. I know he wants to be at UM badly and they think highly of him.

Last edited:
I don’t know that, they love Frankie as a prospect but as I said he’s got to get some stuff straight. My PK opinion is me purely going off their board and numbers. That doesn’t mean he won’t be in the class.
So Kirkland is back on the table

Advertisement
Advertisement
It seems as if there’s differentiating opinions on him as a player. That’s the best way I can put it. I guess we’ll see.
Do you think Cedric Baxter comes to the bbq in July before he commits or is he signed and delivered to Texas at this point

I mean….these are his updated tweets and background photo on Twitter.
0BBE7273-DFC5-4CAC-964F-B0DD2B39FD34.jpeg

1552EB81-0216-44EC-B86B-C7E0CC2F4501.jpeg

Advertisement
Back