2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Hey we take a back seat to no one as far as o-line development just had a top 10 pick a year ago

Advertisement
No. I am saying his OV with Miami is 6/20.that’s midweek. He will take his OV to Bama on Legends weekend.
That can't be good. I'm sure Bama did all they could to make him choose his OV during Mario's Legends Camp weekend. The game within the game, frickin Saban is an assassin smh

Of course Bama develops OL better than Cristobal/Mirabel

2018 (Cristobal first year at Oregon) - 2022 - Oregon 4 OL drafted, 1 first, 2 fifth, 1 sixth
(2017 when Cristobal was the OL coach at Oregon, zero OL drafted)

Bama in that same stretch - 8 OL drafted, 4 first, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fifth, 1 sixth

not saying by any means that Mario/Mirabal are better developers but Bama had much better talent to work with. Bama Got elite talent to work with ( example Evan Neal) … those kind of kids are first rounders since high school… we just have the check their recruiting classes.

Advertisement

2018 (Cristobal first year at Oregon) - 2022 - Oregon 4 OL drafted, 1 first, 2 fifth, 1 sixth

Bama in that same stretch - 8 OL drafted, 4 first, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fifth, 1 sixth
Does this have much to do with the talent they are working with?

Oregon's 4 draft picks included 3 3* and only Sewell was a 4* who got draft 1st round.

2014-2017: Oregon has only ONE 4* OL recruit was ranked 234 and one 4* Juco transfer who was probably gone by the time time Mario got there.
2018: Sewell (4* #57) and 2 low 4*
2019: 2 4* OL recruits
2020: 1 4* OL recruits
2021: 4 4* OL recruits

Oh by the way Mario did help recruit 5 of those draft picks for Alabama as well:
1st Rd #7 Evan NealI - ranked #7 in nation
1st Rd #17 Alex Leatherwood - Mario was Primary Recruiter
1st Rd #10 Jedrick Wills - ranked #34 in nation
1st Rd #11 Jonah Williams - Mario was Primary Recruiter
2nd Rd #37 Landon ****erson - Mario was secondary recruiter
5th Rd #153 Ross Pierschbacher - Mario was secondary recruiter
6th Rd #193 Deonte Brown - Mario was secondary recruiter
6th Rd #215 Bradley Bozeman - Only 3* drafted

Drafted from Alabama prior to 2018:
2nd Rd #34 Cam Robinson - Mario was secondary recruiter

How about this argument?

During that same time, Alabama had 8 OL drafted. Of those 8, Mario recruited 4 of them.

2009-2012 (pre-Cristobal) Alabama had 4 OL drafted

2014-2021 (During and post-Cristobal) Alabama had 12 OL drafted. Of those 12 drafted, 8 were coached by Cristobal. Only 2 of those 12 were neither recruited by nor coached by Cristobal.

Therefore Cristobal is the majority of the reason for the success they have had on the Oline.

I didn’t know they were announcing together that day _ where do we stand with both? Still feeling good?

If one or more of you central Florida savages get all dressed up and attend this black tie function, and both of them choose Alabama, then a **** better end up in the punchbowl.

Advertisement
If one or more of you central Florida savages get all dressed up and attend this black tie function, and both of them choose Alabama, then a **** better end up in the punchbowl.

Gaytor attire:

1654205161366.png

Man it has to be hard to be an OL prioritized by Bama and not go. I know we have a very solid pitch with Mario Mirabal etc but Bama is diff
It has to be hard to say no to a OL HC, who recruited and coached Bama best OL group since Saban been there

Advertisement
Taking nothing away from Bama's recent successes. But one thing OL recruits know they'll get at Miami is staff stability. Mario and Mirabal are going nowhere. And they are the face of the program, unlike whatever OL coach for the season that Saban hires.

Advertisement
Don’t bet the house on the recruiting decisions of 16-18 year old teenagers, it’s a complete crapshoot.

Kids change their minds all the time, teams reach out & make offers that can’t be refused in the 25th hour, sometimes what they say publicly & in interviews isn’t actually how they really feel & they’re just saying what they think people wanna hear.

Nobody actually knows where these kids are gonna go, **** they don’t even know themselves half the time.

You don’t need to stake anything on their decision, even if you feel strongly about it you never know what goes on behind the scenes on day to day basis & exactly what transpires on these visits. I’ve seen it firsthand with my own eyes, kids will be 100% certain they’re going to commit to a school & have a whole commitment video edited already shot ready to be posted with a commitment graphic & announcement already typed out, then take a visit to another school & all of sudden everything changes in a matter of hours & they commit elsewhere. It happens A LOT...
IYKYK! Crootin’ ain’t for the weak. Don’t truss nothing, till the ink dries.

TrumpyCane wants to know is this fine dining in Gainesville?

Look, I realize that some dudes who actually like Hogtown are gonna come here to tell us about the 3 good restaurants in Alachua County, but I can tell you this for a fact, as someone who has been traveling to Hogtown for over 40 years, this is the MOST COMMON type of meal that you will find.

Look, maybe it's tasty, and maybe some people think this is the height of cuisine, but this is not the type of food anyone should serve to overnight guests upon whom you are trying to make a good impression that potentially leads to a big contract and a lifetime relationship.

Advertisement
Back