2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Man it has to be hard to be an OL prioritized by Bama and not go. I know we have a very solid pitch with Mario Mirabal etc but Bama is diff
Why? You think that Alabama can develop OL better than Mario/Mirabel? I don't.

I mean I know they have signed a lot of OL talent that has gone on to the NFL, but Mario/Mirabel takes a back seat to no one in terms of OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not going to say kick permanently kick me out this group if these two don’t end a Cane, but umm… I will take a 2 week ban. Lol
Don’t bet the house on the recruiting decisions of 16-18 year old teenagers, it’s a complete crapshoot.

Kids change their minds all the time, teams reach out & make offers that can’t be refused in the 25th hour, sometimes what they say publicly & in interviews isn’t actually how they really feel & they’re just saying what they think people wanna hear.

Nobody actually knows where these kids are gonna go, **** they don’t even know themselves half the time.

You don’t need to stake anything on their decision, even if you feel strongly about it you never know what goes on behind the scenes on day to day basis & exactly what transpires on these visits. I’ve seen it firsthand with my own eyes, kids will be 100% certain they’re going to commit to a school & have a whole commitment video edited already shot ready to be posted with a commitment graphic & announcement already typed out, then take a visit to another school & all of sudden everything changes in a matter of hours & they commit elsewhere. It happens A LOT...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t bet the house on the recruiting decisions of 16-18 year old teenagers, it’s a complete crapshoot.

Kids change their minds all the time, teams reach out & make offers that can’t be refused in the 25th hour, sometimes what they say publicly & in interviews isn’t actually how they really feel & they’re just saying what they think people wanna hear.

Nobody actually knows where these kids are gonna go, **** they don’t even know half the time.

You don’t need to stake anything on their decision, even if you feel strongly about it you never know what goes on behind the scenes on day to day basis & exactly what transpires on these visits. I’ve seen it firsthand with my own eyes, kids will be 100% certain they’re going to commit to a school & have a whole commitment video & commit already shot & ready to be posted with a commitment graphic & announcement already typed out, then take a visit to another school & all of sudden everything changes in a matter of hours & they commit elsewhere. It happens A LOT...
I was just clowning around but yes… you are 100% correct.

I’m not going to say kick permanently kick me out this group if these two don’t end a Cane, but umm… I will take a 2 week ban. Lol

A lot can happen in 7 weeks brotha’, no need for a ban of any sort lol. We have all been wrong and if someone hasn’t then they just haven’t been following this craziness long enough.

Advertisement
Why? You think that Alabama can develop OL better than Mario/Mirabel? I don't.

I mean I know they have signed a lot of OL talent that has gone on to the NFL, but Mario/Mirabel takes a back seat to no one in terms of OL.
Of course Bama develops OL better than Cristobal/Mirabel

2018 (Cristobal first year at Oregon) - 2022 - Oregon 4 OL drafted, 1 first, 2 fifth, 1 sixth
(2017 when Cristobal was the OL coach at Oregon, zero OL drafted)

Bama in that same stretch - 8 OL drafted, 4 first, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fifth, 1 sixth

Of course Bama develops OL better than Cristobal/Mirabel

2018 (Cristobal first year at Oregon) - 2022 - Oregon 4 OL drafted, 1 first, 2 fifth, 1 sixth
(2017 when Cristobal was the OL coach at Oregon, zero OL drafted)

Bama in that same stretch - 8 OL drafted, 4 first, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fifth, 1 sixth
Want to try and guess who the Alabama OL coach was from 2013-2016 - when those 8 draft picks from 2017 and 2018 were recruited and/or developed?

Advertisement
Back