2023 Payton Kirkland offered

You should try reading the Gaytor boards. Gaytor fans trying to rationalize this 3-star WR that just committed to the Gaytors by saying that Billy Gaypier is some kind of expert in WRs and WR-whispering.

Meanwhile, the only time he coached WRs in his entire coaching career was for a couple of years at Alabama.

P-Kay needs to look at Cristobal's resume with OLs. Mirabal's too. And then compare it to "WR-whisperer" Billy Gaypier.
Lol I did read some of that last night. The reality of a G5 staff is slowly starting to set in for those fools.

Advertisement
I don't think he was implying that it didn't make sense that he wouldn't get 1-on-1 time with coaches during the spring game. Obviously. I think he's saying it didn't make sense for him to go for the spring game if his goal was 1-on-1 time with the coaches since they would be too busy and because there were so many other dudes there. I think he really wants to get to know them and knew it wouldn't happen then. I applaud him for that approach if that's the case.
Exactly! That’s what any reasonable person would think right? Lol

Lol I did read some of that last night. The reality of a G5 staff is slowly starting to set in for those fools.
If I’m a gator fan, I’m not too worried because WRs don’t really change a program, and I’m always gonna take a FL WRs over any other state. Say what you want… but that’s me. But if I’m a gator fan… I do question how you pick up someone like this kid, but push out Jayden Gibson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1650391592205.png

Fantastic.

And this is why I had asked @SWFLHurricane about whether P-Kay had yet visited Miami since the hiring of the coaching staff.

I'm not saying he won't pick UiF. Hogtown is a bit closer, driving-distance-wise.

But I had no doubts that Mario would be able to clearly articulate both the specific (to Payton) and big picture (UM football) plan. And if the Kirkland family is truly focused on the stuff that @SWFLHurricane mentioned, then I truly believed that Mario would make a more compelling presentation than Brian Kelly did.

Advertisement

If he wants to get coached by the best in the business and potentially play as a freshman, Miami is the right choice.

However, take what this kid says with a grain of salt. He loves every visit and gets caught up in the moment. He will be "extremely torn, hardest decision of his life, etc." up till his commitment. Sounds like we made a move though which is awesome.

If he wants to get coached by the best in the business and potentially play as a freshman, Miami is the right choice.

However, take what this kid says with a grain of salt. He loves every visit and gets caught up in the moment. He will be "extremely torn, hardest decision of his life, etc." up till his commitment. Sounds like we made a move though which is awesome.
We'll have the last visit too which is big

Advertisement
Back