2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Advertisement
Took this off the OU board just now. Seems one of their 247 guys reached out to Kirkland as soon as those tweets went out..

I would say UF and Miami are the contenders with OU like I have said all along.

The odd part is Malik Bryant. I don’t know where OU stands there, if at all. If all three want to play together and Malik isn’t considering the Sooners, that could be a problem.

That said, I just talked with Payton Kirkland and he said UF made quite the impression, but also said they weren’t set on playing together.

He is visiting Tenn next month — could stop by Miami after Rivals camp this weekend — and June 3rd visiting OU officially, he said.

Derrick Leblanc is still visiting OU March 24-29th, according to him and his dad. So, the sooners will get their chances to show two of the three guys, it seems.

Malik Bryant is the wildcard in this scenario. just don’t know that OU is it with him and that could pose a problem with Leblanc and Kirkland, in my opinion.

I will add that Kirkland is very honest and upfront. He tells you when he likes and dislikes things. Doesn’t hold back.

Before the visit to UF, he was honest and said OU and Bama were at the top to me. He now says UF is up there and mad a big splash.

As long as OU gets an official visit, they have a chance.

Took this off the OU board just now. Seems one of their 247 guys reached out to Kirkland as soon as those tweets went out..

I would say UF and Miami are the contenders with OU like I have said all along.

The odd part is Malik Bryant. I don’t know where OU stands there, if at all. If all three want to play together and Malik isn’t considering the Sooners, that could be a problem.

That said, I just talked with Payton Kirkland and he said UF made quite the impression, but also said they weren’t set on playing together.

He is visiting Tenn next month — could stop by Miami after Rivals camp this weekend — and June 3rd visiting OU officially, he said.

Derrick Leblanc is still visiting OU March 24-29th, according to him and his dad. So, the sooners will get their chances to show two of the three guys, it seems.

Malik Bryant is the wildcard in this scenario. just don’t know that OU is it with him and that could pose a problem with Leblanc and Kirkland, in my opinion.

I will add that Kirkland is very honest and upfront. He tells you when he likes and dislikes things. Doesn’t hold back.

Before the visit to UF, he was honest and said OU and Bama were at the top to me. He now says UF is up there and mad a big splash.

As long as OU gets an official visit, they have a chance.

That’s a long *** stay in OU for LeBlanc

Advertisement
Ivins Update on all 3:

Orlando (Fla.) Jones five-star linebacker Malik Bryant, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips Top247 offensive lineman Payton Kirkland and Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola Top247 defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc announced Sunday night that they are all planning to announce a commitment July 23rd. Their trainer, Aaron Jones, tells 247Sports that it will be during an event held in Orlando and that details are still being finalized.

Bryant is the nation's No. 2-ranked linebacker per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was planning to attend a Junior Day at Alabama this weekend, but ended up not making it up to Tuscaloosa. Kirkland is the nation's No. 18-ranked offensive tackle per 247Sports. He was at Florida on Saturday as was LeBlanc, who checks in as the nation's No. 11 defensive lineman.

It's unclear if all three plan to pick the same school, but it sounds like that's certainly a possibility. And if that's indeed the case, then there are two schools that appear to be in a more favorable position with the trio than others right now: Florida and Miami. Back in January, all three spent time in Gainesville. They also all attended UM's Elite Underclassmen Day and LeBlanc said Sunday night in a text message that both he and Kirkland will return to Coral Gables this upcoming weekend for another unofficial visit.

Of course, package deals often times don't workout, which means that all three could be making a decision independently, and that brings plenty of other schools into play. Bryant has indicated in the past that he's also high on both Alabama and Georgia. Kirkland, on the other hand, says he has set up an official visit with UGA for the weekend of April 15 and has mentioned that he wants to see Ohio State this spring. The Buckeyes are also involved with LeBlanc, although some connected to the recruitment think that Oklahoma might be the out-of-state program that has the best chance of pulling LeBlanc away from the Sunshine State and have noted that UCF is doing a nice job of also recruiting LeBlanc.

Bryant spent the past two years at IMG Academy. He should be viewed as a front-seven defender that can get after the quarterback and will likely excels as a stand-up edge rusher in a 3-4 look. Kirkland has spent the past two seasons working at left tackle. He's a big body with some functional athleticism that is a solid drive blocker at this stage in his development. LeBlanc is full of upside and could do a variety of different things up front depending on how his lanky frame fills out. He totaled eight sacks as a junior.

Advertisement
Ivins Update on all 3:

Orlando (Fla.) Jones five-star linebacker Malik Bryant, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips Top247 offensive lineman Payton Kirkland and Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola Top247 defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc announced Sunday night that they are all planning to announce a commitment July 23rd. Their trainer, Aaron Jones, tells 247Sports that it will be during an event held in Orlando and that details are still being finalized.

Bryant is the nation's No. 2-ranked linebacker per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was planning to attend a Junior Day at Alabama this weekend, but ended up not making it up to Tuscaloosa. Kirkland is the nation's No. 18-ranked offensive tackle per 247Sports. He was at Florida on Saturday as was LeBlanc, who checks in as the nation's No. 11 defensive lineman.

It's unclear if all three plan to pick the same school, but it sounds like that's certainly a possibility. And if that's indeed the case, then there are two schools that appear to be in a more favorable position with the trio than others right now: Florida and Miami. Back in January, all three spent time in Gainesville. They also all attended UM's Elite Underclassmen Day and LeBlanc said Sunday night in a text message that both he and Kirkland will return to Coral Gables this upcoming weekend for another unofficial visit.

Of course, package deals often times don't workout, which means that all three could be making a decision independently, and that brings plenty of other schools into play. Bryant has indicated in the past that he's also high on both Alabama and Georgia. Kirkland, on the other hand, says he has set up an official visit with UGA for the weekend of April 15 and has mentioned that he wants to see Ohio State this spring. The Buckeyes are also involved with LeBlanc, although some connected to the recruitment think that Oklahoma might be the out-of-state program that has the best chance of pulling LeBlanc away from the Sunshine State and have noted that UCF is doing a nice job of also recruiting LeBlanc.

Bryant spent the past two years at IMG Academy. He should be viewed as a front-seven defender that can get after the quarterback and will likely excels as a stand-up edge rusher in a 3-4 look. Kirkland has spent the past two seasons working at left tackle. He's a big body with some functional athleticism that is a solid drive blocker at this stage in his development. LeBlanc is full of upside and could do a variety of different things up front depending on how his lanky frame fills out. He totaled eight sacks as a junior.

@1murhurricane 👀

Ivins Update on all 3:

Sounds like no one knows anything.

Advertisement
Doesn’t sound….great?

It's not negative I'm just saying we have a lot of certainty right now with some high profile guys and 2 of them are not guys I'm around a lot so I cant give the same dialogue. I would agree if all 3 are really planning on playing together there are MAYBE 3 schools in the running max. I'll know a lot more regarding if that's true after this coming weekend in New Orleans.

Attachments

• 8CCC3AFE-DC32-47A8-A3CD-C802A8613C32.jpeg
    8CCC3AFE-DC32-47A8-A3CD-C802A8613C32.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 93
Advertisement
Ivins Update on all 3:

Disagree with Ivins projection on Bryant. Dude shows plenty of ability in space to operate as a 4-3 LB (Mike or Sam) just as well as an edge player in a 3-4. He can def rush the passer, but I believe looking at Bryant as someone who should be siloed as solely/primarily EDGE is a mistake. This dude has versatility.

Advertisement
Back