2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Advertisement
Just FYI, Dr. Phillips and West Orange are nearly adjacent school districts, and there is a ton of growth out in west Orange County. It's no big deal, I just wanted to point out that you don't have nearly as much "transferring" in Orlando as you do in SoFla. There may have been some school redistricting out there.

Dr. Phillips is very well-coached year-in/year-out. DP is good at football every year, you don't just see them winning when a star player is there.
I'm very well aware of how good a school Dr. Phillips is.

Advertisement
Kirkland gave an interview to Rivals yesterday:
Said he has been talking to Garin Justice for 3-4 months. “Coach Justice is one of the most down-to-earth coaches I’ve met so far. He doesn’t sugar coat anything.”

"One of my trainers is (former Cane great) Edgerrin James. And one of my school’s alumni is (current Cane) John Campbell. I’ve worked out with John - he told me he loves it there, loves coach Justice, said he’s the best O line coach he’s had.”
I didn’t want to post that, but I witnessed that training. My son trains with them. They #propertykids

Just FYI, Dr. Phillips and West Orange are nearly adjacent school districts, and there is a ton of growth out in west Orange County. It's no big deal, I just wanted to point out that you don't have nearly as much "transferring" in Orlando as you do in SoFla. There may have been some school redistricting out there.

Dr. Phillips is very well-coached year-in/year-out. DP is good at football every year, you don't just see them winning when a star player is there.
We don’t have the numbers like south Florida but it’s picking up. West orange and Olympia have all lost top talent to jones DP and edgewater over the past year and I’m not sure about what’s happening on the east but I bet colonial and university are losing players to. I just don’t know that side of town.

Dr. Phillips HS is in my backyard. I will have to go see a game if they allow people in the stands.

Advertisement

From Orlando - Dr. Phillips HS
Canes offered under the prior staff with Manny Diaz and recently re-offered with Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal.

Canes among a long list of a current top 12, Kirkland says he will visit Miami again at some point. “Both Mario and Alex reached out, they told me they were at Miami, were looking to make some changes down there, were looking to recruit the best of the best,” Kirkland said. “They said they want to get me down after the dead period, and I’ll do that. Probably in the spring.”
“When Mario and Alex were at Oregon I was very serious about Oregon, they were definitely going to be in the race to the end,” Kirkland said. “With them as coaches, well I’d love to go somewhere where O line is a priority.”

Kirkland says the new staff has definitely pushed Miami higher in his picture, saying “Before Miami was somewhat in it, were in the mix but hadn’t recruited me that hard.”

Now Kirkland says “I’m hearing from Miami every day - Mario and Alex just check in on me, ask how the family is doing, ask about my niece because they know she’s like my best friend.”

Advertisement
Yow this the 2nd kid i either heard or read in an interview said the current staff communicates with them everyday. Bains said the same thing. That shows why we were so bad in recruiting. Bains said communication was like 10 times more since Cristobal came in...and this is a legacy kid. Thats how we lose recruits we had no business losing. And people will claim its about losing. That was a factor but bigger was the lack of interest and lack of effort to fight for these kids and show them they are important. And not just take them for granted when outa state schools are hitting them up everyday. So happy we made these changes man.

Advertisement
Yow this the 2nd kid i either heard or read in an interview said the current staff communicates with them everyday. Bains said the same thing. That shows why we were so bad in recruiting. Bains said communication was like 10 times more since Cristobal came in...and this is a legacy kid. Thats how we lose recruits we had no business losing. And people will claim its about losing. That was a factor but bigger was the lack of interest and lack of effort to fight for these kids and show them they are important. And not just take them for granted when outa state schools are hitting them up everyday. So happy we made these changes man.
I told y'all the previous staff would have lay ups and would still f it up.Head scratching like stuff.

Advertisement
Back