2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Interesting. I just read he is set (listed as a maybe) to visit TAMU for their bbq at the end of July, which is after he is set to commit lol. Weird, but at the end of the day I trust what these guys do at OL.

……just give me Okunlola lol.
All im worried about lol

Advertisement
Our line is going to be an actual wall. No more 6”2 275 little guys
republican national convention rnc GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
Interesting debate. If you believe Kinsler is above PK, but PK gives you a much better chance at Bryant and/or Walker, if you could only take one of Kinsler/PK, what would you do?
If I’m getting two top 100 players who are elite at their respective positions in terms of Bryant and Walker (again this is all hypothetical just trying to connect some dots) plus a solid mauler in PK, I’m going PK.

Luckily, I don’t think it’s a one or the other situation. The race for OL spots is going to be wildly interesting. Say we have Francis, Tripp, PK, Kinsler, Sampson, Frankie. 8 OL in a class seems unlikely, so is it one of Alinen and Freeling to make it 7?

Personally I’m not saying no to either of the latter two, and Frankie is a drop candidate (we know there’s extracurricular stuff going on).

It’s a fantastic problem to be in though - imagine struggling to fit two additional top 125 Recruits because you’re almost out of spots. 6’6’’ and 6’7’’ no less.

If I’m getting two top 100 players who are elite at their respective positions in terms of Bryant and Walker (again this is all hypothetical just trying to connect some dots) plus a solid mauler in PK, I’m going PK.

Luckily, I don’t think it’s a one or the other situation. The race for OL spots is going to be wildly interesting. Say we have Francis, Tripp, PK, Kinsler, Sampson, Frankie. 8 OL in a class seems unlikely, so is it one of Alinen and Freeling to make it 7?

Personally I’m not saying no to either of the latter two, and Frankie is a drop candidate (we know there’s extracurricular stuff going on).

It’s a fantastic problem to be in though - imagine struggling to fit two additional top 125 Recruits because you’re almost out of spots. 6’6’’ and 6’7’’ no less.
Much rather have this problem than what we've dealt with for the last decade or so.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back