Paying players question

JOE'CANE

Senior
Are the guys over at Caneville suppose to be paying players for there likeness? Or does it have to go through the University? How is it suppose to work? And when can our players start cashing in, it would help with the early departure bullsh1t.

Advertisement
There are 12 and 13 year old soccer and tennis players that are “Nike” athletes.
What does the ncaa say about a player on a college team that signs with a shoe company?
What if a Miami player wants to sign with Nike but is at a Miami school?
If this is allowed and the shoe companies start bidding for players it’s gonna have an effect on where they go.
Let’s say Shemar Stewart has Nike money thrown at him. I’m sure there are clauses where a player can’t even wear adidas in public much less on tv

Are the guys over at Caneville suppose to be paying players for there likeness? Or does it have to go through the University? How is it suppose to work? And when can our players start cashing in, it would help with the early departure bullsh1t.
Miami has set up a program to help out with player likeness. There is a whole team that will work with players to help maximize their potential profits.

Heres the story on it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Players can’t profit off their own likeness until the law for Florida takes effect July 1st. In Florida you can’t profit off someone else’s likeness without consent so the Caneville people could get sued and I’d be shocked if the school allowed it. There’s several bills floating in Congress right now with the thought/hope that federal legislation will pass and be active by June 30th.

There are 12 and 13 year old soccer and tennis players that are “Nike” athletes.
What does the ncaa say about a player on a college team that signs with a shoe company?
What if a Miami player wants to sign with Nike but is at a Miami school?
If this is allowed and the shoe companies start bidding for players it’s gonna have an effect on where they go.
Let’s say Shemar Stewart has Nike money thrown at him. I’m sure there are clauses where a player can’t even wear adidas in public much less on tv
Happens in college basketball already.

Advertisement
Happens in college basketball already.
Yup. I heard that the AAU environment filthier than a meth hooker’s panties.

But my question is does the new law for NIL allow a player to actually sign with a shoe company?

Yup. I heard that the AAU environment filthier than a meth hooker’s panties.

But my question is does the new law for NIL allow a player to actually sign with a shoe company?

Great question. I certainly hope not otherwise you're just going to have Nike Athletes and Adidas athletes. Like you pointed out it happens in soccer. I can't remember the age range but I remember there was a name given to some, Generation Adidas or something like that.

Great question. I certainly hope not otherwise you're just going to have Nike Athletes and Adidas athletes. Like you pointed out it happens in soccer. I can't remember the age range but I remember there was a name given to some, Generation Adidas or something like that.
I’m gonna start a thread in this. Maybe dudes that are more familiar with it can elaborate further

I’m gonna start a thread in this. Maybe dudes that are more familiar with it can elaborate further
That’s still up in the air and most likely depends on what happens federally and some of the details for Florida still need to be hashed out. Some bills are free reign while others want to limit some of the types of companies an athlete can endorse and might preclude athletes from endorsing rival companies that are school sponsors.

Advertisement
That’s still up in the air and most likely depends on what happens federally and some of the details for Florida still need to be hashed out. Some bills are free reign while others want to limit some of the types of companies an athlete can endorse and might preclude athletes from endorsing rival companies that are school sponsors.
Excellent point. And that’s exactly what I’m getting at. I know that in soccer you can play for a professional team sponsored by Adidas and wear Nike cleats and vice versa. Don’t recall the exact sponsors but I think tiger a similar problem a while back while being sponsored by Buick and playing in the Mercedes Benz open or something similar to that.

Right and that what ratifies means
I know what that means. I was pointing out that we will be the first state and everything is all ready to go on day one. Other states still have to pass legislation in their states to make it legal and the others that have done so are waiting an extra year to allow it. Florida will be the first.

Posted this in another thread.
Ronaldo is Nike and Juventus is an adidas sponsored team. Happens a lot in professional soccer even way less talented players.
I would assume that the shoe company would want the player to sign with them and then play for school that’s also sponsored by the same shoe company. And maybe illegally that’s what some companies are doing considering some of the court cases that are pending right now with basketball.
But it would seem hypocritical if they start making contracts saying that kids would have to sign with a school that is sponsored by the same shoe company knowing that there are professional athletes in other sports where that’s not the case and they totally allow it.

Advertisement
Excellent point. And that’s exactly what I’m getting at. I know that in soccer you can play for a professional team sponsored by Adidas and wear Nike cleats and vice versa. Don’t recall the exact sponsors but I think tiger a similar problem a while back while being sponsored by Buick and playing in the Mercedes Benz open or something similar to that.

Not to mention Jordan (when on the Olympic team) covering up the Reebok logo whenever he could.

If they start making apfenny or @k9cane shirts ill buy them all and never have to worry about toilet paper again.

Not to mention Jordan (when on the Olympic team) covering up the Reebok logo whenever he could.
Uniform Adidas shoes Nike
Empower the athletes
2D182F55-903A-4EA2-9A01-B497EF932ACC.jpeg

If I’m not mistaken Nike makes all NFL team uniforms but not every NFL athlete is sponsored by Nike. Pat Mahomes signed with adidas

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back