Pay them!!

He means its ok to make $$ off of someone who is disadvantaged ...if you can claim you gave them something of value

What's left out is that the University makes far more $$ off of every student athlete.....than the paltry ( in comparison) costs of a college education
Hospitals make more money off doctors than their salaries cost. Investment firms make more money off their fund managers than their salaries. This is how capitalism works.

Advertisement
Only problem, those figures aren’t accurate.
Those numbers are from FORBES, get real. They are far more accurate than any numbers u have presented.

Your argument fell apart a long time ago. U are only stating your opinion. I brought actual data to the table. Schools are making millions off of these kids. That's a fact, clearly.

L

Hospitals make more money off doctors than their salaries cost. Investment firms make more money off their fund managers than their salaries. This is how capitalism works.
The only problem is, doctor and fund managers make a salary. College athletes do not.

If u make a salary and this is the position u are taking on college athletes, you're a hypocrite.

Those numbers are from FORBES, get real. They are far more accurate than any numbers u have presented.

Your argument fell apart a long time ago. U are only stating your opinion. I brought actual data to the table. Schools are making millions off of these kids. That's a fact, clearly.

L
Not all schools. You cherry pick the high profile examples. Plenty of stories about schools cutting programs due to funding. And take the money away from schools, they won’t bother fielding a team. Give it up people.

Advertisement
I get paying them i get it they should get paid. But if this happens kiss UM being elite a goodbye (even though that may be gone anyway now) letting bama pay players in plain site. Them schools dying for this to happen.
Wrong. Big markets will win. The U is in one of the biggest markets in America.

The only problem is, doctor and fund managers make a salary. College athletes do not.

If u make a salary and this is the position u are taking on college athletes, you're a hypocrite.
We've been through this. Tuition, room and board is roughly $70k.

He means its ok to make $$ off of someone who is disadvantaged ...if you can claim you gave them something of value

What's left out is that the University makes far more $$ off of every student athlete.....than the paltry ( in comparison) costs of a college education

I understood what he meant... I was saying it is a little extreme to make a blanket statement about these athletes “going back to live in a single room with 6 siblings sleeping on a mattress on the floor.”

It kind of sounds like a Florida Gator fan type thing to say..

Not all schools. You cherry pick the high profile examples. Plenty of stories about schools cutting programs due to funding. And take the money away from schools, they won’t bother fielding a team. Give it up people.
How many schools have cut football programs vs the schools who make millions off of their football program?

You're cherry picking.

Advertisement
We've been through this. Tuition, room and board is roughly $70k.
A&M profited over a million dollars per player. That's over 14 times the cost of tuition, room and board.

What's your next excuse?

A&M profited over a million dollars per player. That's over 14 times the cost of tuition, room and board.

What's your next excuse?
I'm not going to explain how capitalism works to you.

YEAH BUT DOCTORS ARE ******* RICH LOL FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE STEALING FOOD AND SELLING DRUGS TO BE ABLE TO EAT AFTER 10PM MOST NIGHTS LOL SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

I KNOW FIRST HAND.

Advertisement
YEAH BUT DOCTORS ARE ******* RICH LOL FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE STEALING FOOD AND SELLING DRUGS TO BE ABLE TO EAT AFTER 10PM MOST NIGHTS LOL SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

I KNOW FIRST HAND.
These dudes are frauds. If they were in the same position as these athletes, they would have a different stance. They are the worst type of hypocrites, the ones who deny it.

The Power 5 Conferences just generated almost $3,000,000,000 in revenues in one year.

That's 65 schools generating THREE BILLION dollars.

The Big 10's revenues increased $250 million in ONE YEAR. The ACC Network will probably bring in an additional $150 million more for our conference beginning this year.

Does anyone really need an explanation to see just how insane that is?

And in return the product everyone is paying all that money to see gets nothing but a college scholarship, health insurance and free meals.

This system is so unbelievably out of whack it's embarrassing.

There are literally a thousand ways to make this more fair for everyone, including the players.

Advertisement

I KNOW FIRST HAND.
I used two examples. Would you prefer i used the example of a McDonald's employee?

Players receive a stipend as well as free meals. I agree they need to reform the amount they receive, but doing something that would ruin the idea of student athletes is simply not going to happen.

Do you not work for a living?
Yeah I work. I also see the money I work for. My job doesn't pay my basic necessities and pocket the rest of the money I worked for. But that's something u would be okay with, correct?

I used two examples. Would you prefer i used the example of a McDonald's employee?

Players receive a stipend as well as free meals. I agree they need to reform the amount they receive, but doing something that would ruin the idea of student athletes is simply not going to happen.

You mean the illusion of student athletes.

Advertisement
Back