Paul Williams

weownfsu

Move to FCS
I know he gets no attention but this guy seems to be a beast of a recruiter. Our DB recruiting has been phenomenal since Golden took over. We're landing top-tier talent year after year with relative ease. We turned Artie Burns with the quickness and that guy, IMO is the likeliest in the recruiting class besides Thomas (provided we get him) to be a first-round pick. I know AG was really the guy who closed the deal on Tracy Howard but I'd bet that Coach Williams played a big role too. For those that know how involved was he with the recruitment of our last 2 DB classes and how is he viewed on the recruiting trail by other coaches, players, and HS coaches?

Advertisement
Good post. 14 months ago we were starting a second stringer from Wake, now we're on track to have the best defensive backfield in the nation by 2014. To say this staff did work is an understatement.

Maybe because Boxing is my 1a College football my 1b.....Every time someone starts a thread on him My brain goes right to "the Punisher"

Not a thread Jack .....This Paul williams is a Beast no doubt

Not sure our position corches recruit by position. They might work certain areas more than just a position. But I'll send some love Paul's way anyway.

Advertisement
Even though the coaches do work areas, when a recruit is identified he is passed on to the position coach to evaluate and pick up the recruiting.

With this season departures, paul definitely moves up the list in balance as far as recruiting/coaching goes. Lets see if he seals the deal on RR. Would be awesome

position do recruit positions. It doesn't start off that way. Is starts with whoever has that area then it slowly elvolves to have 2 guys recruit you (area and position coach)

Deon Bush and Rayshawn Jenkins were our starting safeties. Dude should have a statue in his honor already.

The "Punisher" is paraplegic. Loved that guy's fighting style - hate to see him out of the sport.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back